When were the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used by Peter ?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Useful
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. This is written by a Dispensational Futurist so it has several errors and inaccuracies. Need to find a neutral ground or better yet investigate both views to its fullest.

Do you have a link that gives a more accurate expression of your beliefs?

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 3: 13-19 , is Peter is using the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and in verse 19 , that Israel should REPENT , so that the times of refreshing may come from the face of the Lord .

And if Israel should REPENT , then Peter says in verse 20 and He may send Jesus Christ , the one having been proclaimed BEFORE TO YOU , and this would have been the LOOSING .

dan p
'Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing shall come
from the presence of the Lord;
And He shall send Jesus Christ,
which before was preached unto you:
Whom the heaven must receive
until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken
by the mouth of all His holy prophets
since the world began.'

(Acts 3:19)

Hello @Dan Perez,

I can't see anything in the verses you refer to (quoted above) to indicate that this could be classified as Peter using his God given authority to either 'loose' or 'bind', that we read of in Matthew 16:19 and in Matthew 18:18.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh my apologies. They are theological views. Maybe when you get a chance, information on both are readily available online.
Blessings
Hello @Maria Billingsley,

No apologies required. I will indeed look online as you suggest: and place my findings in a new thread, for discussion, rather than derail this one.

I do not tend to classify my beliefs using theological terminology, so am not familiar with their meaning.

Thank you :)
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
which God hath spoken
since the world began.'

(Acts 3:19)

Hello @Dan Perez,

I can't see anything in the verses you refer to (quoted above) to indicate that this could be classified as Peter using his God given authority to either 'loose' or 'bind', that we read of in Matthew 16:19 and in Matthew 18:18.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

In Acts 3:19-21, he is informing the nation of Israel that, should the nation repent of crucifying their Messiah and be water baptized, the Tribulation would begin, and after those 7 years, Jesus would return to Earth to usher them into the promised kingdom of heaven.

That is him using the authority Christ gave to him as head of the little flock.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 3:19-21, he is informing the nation of Israel that, should the nation repent of crucifying their Messiah and be water baptized, the Tribulation would begin, and after those 7 years, Jesus would return to Earth to usher them into the promised kingdom of heaven.

That is him using the authority Christ gave to him as head of the little flock.
Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
which God hath spoken
since the world began.'

(Acts 3:19-21)

Hello @Guojing,

Peter is carrying out the ministry of one that 'had heard Him' referred to in Hebrews 2:3-4. for which he was equipped:-

' ... How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;
which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord,
and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him; ... '

God also bearing them witness,
both with signs and wonders,
and with divers miracles,
and gifts of the Holy Ghost,
according to His Own will?

He and the rest of the Twelve had received 40 days of instruction from the Lord after his resurrection, and prior to his ascension, where they were instructed in the truth concerning the Kingdom. Which led to the question, 'Lord, wilt Thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Forgive me for being seemingly obstructive, or at worse plain 'thick', but I cannot see that these words of Peter in Acts 3:19-21could be considered a 'loosing' (re. Matthew 16:19).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
which God hath spoken
since the world began.'

(Acts 3:19-21)

Hello @Guojing,

Peter is carrying out the ministry of one that 'had heard Him' referred to in Hebrews 2:3-4. for which he was equipped:-

' ... How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;
which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord,
and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him; ... '

God also bearing them witness,
both with signs and wonders,
and with divers miracles,
and gifts of the Holy Ghost,
according to His Own will?

He and the rest of the Twelve had received 40 days of instruction from the Lord after his resurrection, and prior to his ascension, where they were instructed in the truth concerning the Kingdom. Which led to the question, 'Lord, wilt Thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Forgive me for being seemingly obstructive, or at worse plain 'thick', but I cannot see that these words of Peter could be considered a 'loosing' (re. Matthew 16:19).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

When Peter gave this promise to Israel that if she repents "He shall send Jesus Christ," meaning God the Father will send Jesus Christ, who is currently sitting on God the Father's right hand, back to the Earth, you can think of that as Peter is "loosing" Jesus Christ on Earth as Christ is "loosed in heaven".

Would that be clearer?

Reactions: readywriter
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When Peter gave this promise to Israel that if she repents "He shall send Jesus Christ," meaning God the Father will send Jesus Christ, who is currently sitting on God the Father's right hand, back to the Earth, you can think of that as Peter is "loosing" Jesus Christ on Earth as Christ is "loosed in heaven".

Would that be clearer?
Hello @Guojing

It is clearer, but, with respect, is this what the Holy Spirit intends us to deduce from this? I cannot be sure, so I shall await further evidence before coming to a conclusion, Guojing. I do thank you for your responses though.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Guojing

It is clearer, but, with respect, is this what the Holy Spirit intends us to deduce from this? I cannot be sure, so I shall await further evidence before coming to a conclusion, Guojing. I do thank you for your responses though.

our Lord and Head.
Chris

And aGuojing has it right on .

And here is how I will explain Acts 3:20.

And He SHELL SEND /APOSTELLO is in the AORIST TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the SUBJECTIVE MOOD .

The SUBJECTIVE MOOD means that HE ( THE FATHER ) will send or not send Christ back .
JESUS / IESOUS is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means and express the end , or Limited to Jesus .

And Christ / CHRISTOS is also in th ACCUSATIVE CASE .

THE ONE / HO is a DEFINITE ARTICLE and it points to ONLY Christ .

HAVING BEEN PROCLAIMED is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE .
The perfect tense means it began the LOOSING will happen in Rom 11:26 .

BEFORE UNTO YOU / HYMIN is a Personal Possessive Pronoun and in the DATIVE CASE .

The PPP speaks to a specific person and the DATIVE CASE means express personal interest .

dan p
Hello @Guojing

our Lord and Head.
Chris

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in Matt 16:19 , read, And I will give unto thee ( Peter in verse 18 ) the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven , and what soever thou shalt BIND on Earth shall be bound in Heaven and what soever thou shall Loose on Earth shall be Loosed in Heaven >

Question for all , when did this happen ??

What does the Kingdom of Heaven mean ?

What did Peter BIND or when did Peter LOOSE ?

And when did it Happen ??

When were these Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used n, during Peter's ministry ?

Why was Paul not given the same Keys ?

I do see two programs here , one of CIRCUMCISION , which is Peter's ministry !

And one , called UNCIRCUMCISION for Paul , that is written in Gal 2:7 .

dan p

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in Matt 16:19 , read, And I will give unto thee ( Peter in verse 18 ) the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven , and what soever thou shalt BIND on Earth shall be bound in Heaven and what soever thou shall Loose on Earth shall be Loosed in Heaven >

Question for all , when did this happen ??

What does the Kingdom of Heaven mean ?

It happened at his victorious resurrection when he obtained the keys.
Jesus is the key.
Revelation 1:18
17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

All who believe are now seated in the heavenly Kingdom.

Heb 12
22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When were the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used by Peter?

Every time he and the others preached the gospel, declaring those who believed were loosed from God's condemnation (Romans 5:18) and admitted into the Kingdom of God, while those who did not believe were still bound to their condemnation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Guojing
@Dan Perez

Hello both,

I thank you for your entries, in which you seek to inform me concerning the Keys of the Kingdom and Peter's use of the power and authority they represent. Forgive me if this whole concept appears beyond my understanding at present. I have never considered what the Keys of the Kingdom and the power to 'loose' or 'bind', shared by the rest of the Twelve really meant, or considered how it was exercised until now: so I need to wait on the Lord in regard to this before committing myself. I wish you no offence.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it happened in Matt 16:18 m, 19 !!

So start at the beginning of the first post .

dan p

Doesn't say when he will be given the keys does it?

All I am saying is Jesus Obtained the keys when he overcame death through his resurrection. The power of this Gospel truth transfers the repentant to the heavenly realms of Gods Kingdom

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't say when he will be given the keys does it?

All I am saying is Jesus Obtained the keys when he overcame death through his resurrection. The power of this Gospel truth transfers the repentant to the heavenly realms of Gods Kingdom

I am guessing that you did not read Matt 16:19 , right ?

dan p

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am guessing that you did not read Matt 16:19 , right ?

dan p

Of course I have read it. You do not seem to have an ear to hear what is BEING SAID.

One can only obtain the keys of death if he overcomes it by rising from the dead.
These keys of reconciliation have been given to us and seats us in the Kingdom of Heaven through our faith.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Guojing

our Lord and Head.
Chris

In Acts 2-7, I believe the Holy Spirit is teaching us that, had national Israel repented, Christ would have come back to Earth.

Of course, God the Father foresaw the rejection of the Holy Spirit by national Israel and he has a hidden plan in him to usher in the current dispensation of grace (Ephesians 3:9).

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 2-7, I believe the Holy Spirit is teaching us that, had national Israel repented, Christ would have come back to Earth.

Of course, God the Father foresaw the rejection of the Holy Spirit by national Israel and he has a hidden plan in him to usher in the current dispensation of grace (Ephesians 3:9).

And right ON !!

dan p

• Friendly
Upvote 0