When were the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used by Peter ?

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is easy as to why Guojing says it was the rejection of the HOLY SPIRIT because Israel REFUSED to be BAPTIZED for repentance and receive the GIFT of the HOLY SPIRIT as written in Acts 2:38 .
dan p
'Then Peter said unto them,
Repent, and be baptized every one of you
in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins,
and ye shall receive the gift
of the Holy Ghost.'

(Act 2:38)

Hello Dan,

In this verse the action required of Israel was repentance, and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. The Holy Ghost was the gift of God that they would receive as a consequence. It was not the objective, so I cannot agree that their refusal to repent and be baptised was indicative of the fact that they had also rejected the Holy Spirit. Although they did indeed, by refusing to repent, fail to receive that wondrous gift of God.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez
Subject heading:- When were the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used by Peter ?

'And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of (the) heaven (s):
and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.'

(Mat 16:19)

Hello there, Dan.

'The Keys' is figurative for the power to open. This power Peter exercised in Acts 2 in Israel, and in Acts 10 among the Gentiles.

'Thou shalt bind + '- this power was given to all the disciples (Matthew 18:18; John 20:23) and exercised in Acts 5:1-11 & Acts 5:12-16. Binding and loosing is a Hebrew idiom for exercising authority.

'To bind' - to declare what shall be binding (eg., laws and precepts), and what shall not be binding.
(Companion Bible marginal notes)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez

Hello there, Dan.

'The Keys' is figurative for the power to open. This power Peter exercised in Acts 2 in Israel, and in Acts 10 among the Gentiles.

'Thou shalt bind + '- this power was given to all the disciples (Matthew 18:18; John 20:23) and exercised in Acts 5:1-11 & Acts 5:12-16. Binding and loosing is a Hebrew idiom for exercising authority.

'To bind' - to declare what shall be binding (eg., laws and precepts), and what shall not be binding.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi and of course , I do disagree with Acts 10 as Peter's authority to those in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN .

And in Matt 16:19 , I WILL GIVE / DIDOMI is a FUTURE TENSE which also priove Israel was set aside .

And verse 19 says the KEYS were given UNTO THEE/ SOI and is a PERSONEL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , DATIVE CASE and is SINGULAR .

And it has the Greek word THE / HO which is pointing to ONLY Peter and is in the Greek ACCUSATIVE CASE and means it was LIMITED to only Peter .

So where verse are you pointing to in Acts 10 ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
of the Holy Ghost.'

huh... that must be a different Peter.

Matthew 28:16-20 Then The Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Ιησους had appointed them.[17] And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him, but some doubted.[18] And Ιησους came and spake unto them, saying, All authority is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth.[19] Go ye therefore, and Disciple all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.[20] teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 28:16-20 Then The Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Ιησους had appointed them.[17] And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him, but some doubted.[18] And Ιησους came and spake unto them, saying, All authority is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth.[19] Go ye therefore, and Disciple all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.[20] teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Other than Matt 28:19 , where has anyone EVER seen Peter and OR the 11 apostles , baptize in the name of the FATHER , and of the SON and of the Holy Spirit ??

In Acts 2:38 , Peter baptized in the name of Jesus Christ .

Then in Acts 10:48 they Baptized in the name of the Lord .

And in Matt Go ye therefore , and Disciple ( ALL NATIONS ) and who were these NATIONS / ENTHOS , were they Jews or were they Gentiles ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
of the Holy Ghost.'

Other than Matt 28:19 , where has anyone EVER seen Peter and OR the 11 apostles , baptize in the name of the FATHER , and of the SON and of the Holy Spirit ??

In Acts 2:38 , Peter baptized in the name of Jesus Christ .

Then in Acts 10:48 they Baptized in the name of the Lord .

And in Matt Go ye therefore , and Disciple ( ALL NATIONS ) and who were these NATIONS / ENTHOS , were they n Jews or were they Gentiles ?

dan p

Exactly my point.
Whomever Luke interviewed to compose his letters must have been talking about a different Peter/Simon/Simeon/Cephas... and so is Paul, by the way.

Because not only were the 11 Disciples commanded to baptize in the three names, but they were specifically commanded "don't go to the gentiles".

So, Acts and Paul's Peter/Simon/Simeon/Cephas have to be different men... and the New Testament has several men by the same name.*

People who are fully aware of Matthew 10:5-7 will never make that mistake. Because Christ came only unto the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, and He sent His 12 Disciples only to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. And Matthew 28:18-20 sends the 11 Disciples AGAIN to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel... because they are told to teach what they were taught. And that includes Matthew 10:5-7, and Matthew 15:24, etc....

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Subject Heading:- When were the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used by Peter ?

@Dan Perez
@Ligurian

Re: replies #84 & #85

'And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them
in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world. Amen.'

(Mat 28:18-20)

Hello there,

The words Ligurian has referred (above) were spoken by the risen Christ, to the twelve. All power has been given unto Him (in heaven and in earth).

* This is the third of three separate commissions made to the twelve. The first is found in Luke 24:47, the second in Mark 16:15-18, and this present one in Matthew 28:19-20.

* Dr Bullinger in his appendix to the Companion Bible No. 167 *, points out that this is the proclamation of the King, Who had left Jerusalem, according to the Parable (Luke 19:12), until He returns in power to set up His kingdom (Matthew 26:64).

* It is the summons to the Gentile nations to submit to the Lord Jesus Christ, as the King of Israel, according to Psalm 2:10-12.

* It is the proclamation of 'the Gospel of the Kingdom', for a witness to all nation, immediately before the end of the age (Matthew 24:14)

* It is still wholly future in its application, and proclaims the judgment on the Gentiles for the final deliverance of Israel, according to Psalm 2:9, when verse 6 shall be fulfilled.

'And this gospel of the kingdom
shall be preached in all the world
for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.'

(Mat 24:14)

(Psa. 2:6-12)
Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion.
.. I will declare the decree:
.... the LORD hath said unto Me,
...... Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee.
........ Ask of Me, and I shall give Thee the heathen for Thine inheritance,
.......... and the uttermost parts of the earth for Thy possession.
............ Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
................ Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Be wise now therefore, O ye kings:
.. be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
.... Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.'
...... Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way,
........ when His wrath is kindled but a little.
.......... Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

* The Three Commissions. - Appendix to the Companion Bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez
@Ligurian

Hello again,

The appendix that I have given a link to in #87, is worth looking at, for it gives a good insight into what each commission was, where they were given and when they were, or will be, fulfilled.

Thank you again
In Christ Jesus
Chris

* The Three Commissions. - Appendix to the Companion Bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
(Mat 28:18-20)
The words Ligurian has referred (above) were spoken by the risen Christ, to the twelve. All power has been given unto Him (in heaven and in earth).

* Dr Bullinger in his appendix to the Companion Bible No. 167 *, points out that this is the proclamation of the King, Who had left Jerusalem, according to the Parable (Luke 19:12), until He returns in power to set up His kingdom (Matthew 26:64).
(Luke 19:12 is hearsay)

This man is the Father, not the Son:

Matthew 25:14-30 For the Kingdom of Heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called His own servants, and delivered unto them His goods.

Matthew 21:33-36 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:[34] And when the time of the fruit drew near, He sent His servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.[35] And the husbandmen took His servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.[36] Again, He sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.[37] But last of all He sent unto them His Son saying, They will reverence My Son.

* It is the summons to the Gentile nations to submit to the Lord Jesus Christ, as the King of Israel, according to Psalm 2:10-12.

* It is the proclamation of 'the Gospel of the Kingdom', for a witness to all nation, immediately before the end of the age (Matthew 24:14; Revelation 14:6).

* It is still wholly future in its application, and proclaims the judgment on the Gentiles for the final deliverance of Israel, according to Psalm 2:9, when verse 6 shall be fulfilled.

(Psa. 2:6-12)

But end "of the age" isn't in the KJV.

Matthew 24:14-15 And This Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.

Matthew 26:13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever This Gospel shall be preached in all the world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Psalms 2:1-12 Wherefore did the heathen rage, and the gentiles imagine vain things?[2] The kings of the Earth stood up and the rulers gathered themselves together against the Lord and against His Christ:[3] saying, Let us break through Their bonds and cast away Their yoke from us.[4] He that dwells in the Heavens shall laugh them to scorn and the Lord shall mock them;[5] then shall He speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His fury.[6] But I have been made king by Him on Sion His holy mountain,[7] declaring the Ordinance of the Lord: The Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten Thee.

Matthew 16:13-17 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but My Father which is in Heaven.

Matthew 17:1-5 And after six days Ιησους taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,[2] And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light. ...[5] While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 25:14-30 For the Kingdom of Heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called His own servants, and delivered unto them His goods.

Matthew 21:33-36 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:[34] And when the time of the fruit drew near, He sent His servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.[35] And the husbandmen took His servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.[36] Again, He sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.[37] But last of all He sent unto them His Son saying, They will reverence My Son.

Matthew 24:14-15 And This Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.

Matthew 26:13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever This Gospel shall be preached in all the world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Psalms 2:1-12 Wherefore did the heathen rage, and the gentiles imagine vain things?[2] The kings of the Earth stood up and the rulers gathered themselves together against the Lord and against His Christ:[3] saying, Let us break through Their bonds and cast away Their yoke from us.[4] He that dwells in the Heavens shall laugh them to scorn and the Lord shall mock them;[5] then shall He speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His fury.[6] But I have been made king by Him on Sion His holy mountain,[7] declaring the Ordinance of the Lord: The Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten Thee.

Matthew 16:13-17 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but My Father which is in Heaven.

Matthew 17:1-5 And after six days Ιησους taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,[2] And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light. ...[5] While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.
Hello @Ligurian,

Thank you for correcting my mistake in (reply#87), as it was to the eleven remaining disciples that our Lord spoke the words of Matthew 28:18-20, not the twelve as I stated, Judas having taken his own life.

* You refer to the words, 'and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.' of Matthew 28:20, in regard to the words, ' ... the end of the world', for I had written, ' ... the end of the age'. Yet the Greek word translated 'world' is 'aion' meaning 'age', so there was no error on my part.

* You say that Dr Bullinger's reference to Luke 19:12 is 'hearsay,' saying, 'for the man is the Father and not the Son.' Yet, Luke 19:12-27 is the parable of 'The Nobleman': This parable is only found in Luke's gospel; it is not the same parable as that of 'The Talents' in Matthew 25:14-30.

* Matthew 28:18-20, was the proclamation of the King: who left Jerusalem but will return in power to set up His kingdom as in the parable of Luke 19:12-27 (Matthew 26:64).

* To discuss this further will derail the thread, so if you want to pursue this perhaps you would start a new thread. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And in Matt 16:19 , read, And I will give unto thee ( Peter in verse 18 ) the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven , and what soever thou shalt BIND on Earth shall be bound in Heaven and what soever thou shall Loose on Earth shall be Loosed in Heaven >

Question for all , when did this happen ??

What does the Kingdom of Heaven mean ?

What did Peter BIND or when did Peter LOOSE ?

And when did it Happen ??

When were these Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used n, during Peter's ministry ?

Why was Paul not given the same Keys ?

I do see two programs here , one of CIRCUMCISION , which is Peter's ministry !

And one , called UNCIRCUMCISION for Paul , that is written in Gal 2:7 .

dan p
Let me answer your questions
Question for all , when did this happen ??
The bible speaks about us as individuals and they happen to us individually. The more spiritually you grow, the more the truth will be revealed to you

What does the Kingdom of Heaven mean ?
The Kingdom is the Real you inside of you. Your higher self

What did Peter BIND or when did Peter LOOSE ?
binding and loosing is about the spiritual attainment. when the Higher self in you is in charge, when you are able to control your earthly desires, when you have True Love, Love for humanity and God, then you will be able to use the power of Will, you will have better Intuition. Your yes will be a YES and no, NO( Matthew 5:37 says Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' Anything more comes from the evil one). You will be one with God and working together with God. What you want will be what God wants and what you do not want will what God does not want and vice versa

And when did it Happen ??
This power you can use it after you are one with the Father. When you have finally gained that unlimited LOVE of God. It takes years to attain this power.

When were these Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used n, during Peter's ministry ?
You do not receive the keys all at one and these keys are the wisdom of God. These keys are Spiritual. The more you seek the Truth about God, the more wisdom will flow in your brain.
Why was Paul not given the same Keys ?
Because every key has its own function of purpose. One key can help you fight cravings/desires, another key can help you to be more tolerant towards others etc.
Circumcision is about removing all earthly/unhealthy desires
Uncirmcision is about still hanging on to the earthly unhealthy desires

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
* It is the proclamation of 'the Gospel of the Kingdom', for a witness to all nation, immediately before the end of the age (Matthew 24:14; Revelation 14:6).

* You refer to the words, 'and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.' of Matthew 28:20, in regard to the words, ' ... the end of the world', for I had written, ' ... the end of the age'. Yet the Greek word translated 'world' is 'aion' meaning 'age', so there was no error on my part.​

I wasn't talking about Matthew 28:20... and neither were you.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Hi
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by this.
o_O
(I've changed my name... had to wait to get enough Blessings.)

If you go back to the original statements, you'll know that I wasn't responding to Matthew 28 which wasn't even being discussed... because I was responding to your addition to the text of Matthew 24:14.
The end that was to come happens in Matthew 24:15... The beast standing in Jerusalem re: Daniel... leading to the death of the two witnesses... resurrection of the two witnesses... leading to the remnant believing... all meaning the end of the gathering of the children for the Kingdom... called a mystery in Revelation 10:7, and fulfilled in Revelation 11:12-15.

I think This Gospel of the Kingdom is what the two witnesses are preaching. This Gospel includes Mary and the ointment, re: Matthew 26:13... and began just after John's baptizing. So This Gospel is the words of the Father (John 17:6-8) plus the Ministry of His Christ (Matthew 15:24) for those to whom He was sent.

Not a popular gospel, at all... the world already dislikes it. Wait until it comes with draught and plagues. How many will fear God and give glory to Him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(1) Matthew 16:17 = John 20:23
(2) The Kingdom of Heaven is of the Davidic Covenant... the Kingdom Dispensation.
(3) Matthew 10:4-14.
(4-5) What's the chronology of the Dispensations?
(6) Paul has the Grace Dispensation.

oikonomia = from oikonomos; administration (of a household or estate); specially, a (religious) "economy":--dispensation, stewardship.
oikonomos = from oikos and the base of nomos; a house-distributor (i.e. manager), or overseer, i.e. an employee in that capacity; by extension, a fiscal agent (treasurer); figuratively, a preacher (of the Gospel):--chamberlain, governor, steward.
oikos = of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally or figuratively):--home, house(-hold), temple.
nomos = from a primary nemo (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), genitive case (regulation), specially, (of Moses (including the volume); also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle):--law.--Strong's
The Divided Kingdom is still divided.

This is the Found Sheep of the House of Israel:
Matthew 13:10-11 And the Disciples came, and said unto Him, Why speakest Thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is not given. (Matthew 28:18-30, John 10:1-5, John 12:44-50, John 14:15-17, Revelation 3:8-10, Revelation 7:4-8, Revelation 14:1, etc.)

But this is the House of Judah and her guides:
John 7:1, Matthew 23:34-38, Matthew 15:12-14, John 9:39-41, etc.
They'll be blind until Matthew 13:14-15 meets Isaiah 6:11-13
... which hasn't happened yet.
(1) "Question for all , when did this happen ??"
Matthew 10

(2) "What does the Kingdom of Heaven mean ?"
(Gospel = good news, Kingdom of Heaven = Reign of God)
Isaiah 52:4-7 'Thus saith the Lord, My people went down before to Egypt to sojourn there,
and were carried away forcibly to the Assyrians.[5] And now why are ye here? Thus saith the Lord, Because My people was taken for nothing, wonder ye and howl. Thus saith the Lord, On account of you My name is continually blasphemed among the Gentiles.[6] Therefore shall My people know My name in that day, for I am He that speaks: I am present,.[7] as a season of beauty upon the mountains, as the feet of one preaching glad tidings of peace, as one preaching good news: for I will publish thy salvation, saying, O Sion, thy God shall reign.'[LXX]

"I am He that Speaks" = Deuteronomy 18:18-19, John 12:44-50, and this:

John 17:6-8 'I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world: Thine they were and Thou gavest them Me and they have kept Thy word.[7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever Thou hast given Me are of Thee.[8] For I have given unto them the words which Thou gavest Me, and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send Me.'

Matthew 4:12-17 'Now when Ιησους had heard that John was cast into prison He departed into Galilee.[13] And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:[14] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying:[15] The land of Zabulon and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea beyond Jordan, Galilee of the nations,[16] The people which sat in darkness saw great light, and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.[17] From that time Ιησους began to preach and to say: Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.'

(3-5) "What did Peter BIND or when did Peter LOOSE ?"
Examples:
Matthew 10:14-15
And whosoever shall not receive you nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
John 20:22-23 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit:[23] Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

(6) "Why was Paul not given the same Keys ?"
Paul's a Benjamite, of the House of Judah, in the still-divided kingdom of Solomon. Barnabas is Levite, of the 3 tribes of the House of Judah.

Matthew 15:24... sent ONLY unto the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.
The word sent is the Greek word apostle, in this verse.

Exactly my point.
Whomever Luke interviewed to compose his letters must have been talking about a different Peter/Simon/Simeon/Cephas... and so is Paul, by the way.
Because not only were the 11 Disciples commanded to baptize in the three names, but they were specifically commanded "don't go to the gentiles".

So, Acts and Paul's Peter/Simon/Simeon/Cephas have to be different men... and the New Testament has several men by the same name.*

People who are fully aware of Matthew 10:5-7 will never make that mistake. Because Christ came only unto the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, and He sent His 12 Disciples only to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. And Matthew 28:18-20 sends the 11 Disciples AGAIN to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel... because they are told to teach what they were taught. And that includes Matthew 10:5-7, and Matthew 15:24, etc....

Why did the Lord come to the earth?

Matthew 21:33-36 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:[34] And when the time of the fruit drew near, He sent His servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.[35] And the husbandmen took His servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.[36]
Again, He sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.[37]
But last of all He sent unto them His Son saying, They will reverence My Son.

Psalms 2:1-12 Wherefore did the heathen rage, and the gentiles imagine vain things?[2] The kings of the Earth stood up and the rulers gathered themselves together against the Lord and against His Christ:[3] saying, Let us break through Their bonds and cast away Their yoke from us.[4]
He that dwells in the Heavens shall laugh them to scorn and the Lord shall mock them;[5]
then shall He speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His fury.[6] But I have been made king by Him on Sion His holy mountain,[7] declaring the Ordinance of the Lord: The Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten Thee.

(I've changed my name... had to wait to get enough Blessings.)

If you go back to the original statements, you'll know that I wasn't responding to Matthew 28 which wasn't even being discussed... because I was responding to your addition to the text of Matthew 24:14.
The end that was to come happens in Matthew 24:15... The beast standing in Jerusalem re: Daniel... leading to the death of the two witnesses... resurrection of the two witnesses... leading to the remnant believing... all meaning the end of the gathering of the children for the Kingdom... called a mystery in Revelation 10:7, and fulfilled in Revelation 11:12-15.

I think This Gospel of the Kingdom is what the two witnesses are preaching. This Gospel includes Mary and the ointment, re: Matthew 26:13... and began just after John's baptizing. So This Gospel is the words of the Father (John 17:6-8) plus the Ministry of His Christ (Matthew 15:24) for those to whom He was sent.

Not a popular gospel, at all... the world already dislikes it. Wait until it comes with draught and plagues. How many will fear God and give glory to Him?
Subject Heading:- When were the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven used by Peter ?

Going back over your entries, @Other Sheep, to see where you are coming from: I see that though you touch upon, 'the keys of the Kingdom,' briefly; you have introduced your own questions for consideration. Would it not be better to start your own thread, in which you can tell us what you believe, so that we have a basis upon which to try to understand your reasoning?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

* You refer to the words, 'and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.' of Matthew 28:20, in regard to the words, ' ... the end of the world', for I had written, ' ... the end of the age'. Yet the Greek word translated 'world' is 'aion' meaning 'age', so there was no error on my part.​

It all goes back to this /\... You were wrong and didn't want to admit it.
So you changed the subject. And now, you're only quoting half of the story:

to see where you are coming from: I see that though you touch upon, 'the keys of the Kingdom,' briefly; you have introduced your own questions for consideration. Would it not be better to start your own thread

If YOU were the author of this thread, I might take your suggestion to heart...
But it's pretty high-handed to make that demand on someone else's thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It all goes back to this /\... You were wrong and didn't want to admit it.
So you changed the subject. And now, you're only quoting half of the story:

If YOU were the author of this thread, I might take your suggestion to heart...
But it's pretty high-handed to make that demand on someone else's thread.

Hello @Other Sheep,

Yet another who defends himself by pointing the finger at others, and issues false allegations! I leave you to your opinions: Which is a shame, because I would have liked to have understood where you were coming from.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez

Hello there, Dan.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
There many differences between Matt 18:18 and Matt 16:19 .

In Mattn16:19 only PETER is given the KEYS of the KINGDOM of HEAVEN .

There are 2 SHALL BE which are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE .

In Matt 18:18 there is no mention of the KINGDOM of HEAVEN , and Greek words are also in the FUTURE TENSE .

As to John 20:22 all disciple receive the POWER OF HOLY SPIRIT .

In verse These disciples were given the POWER to REMIT SINS .

And many will not as only God can REMIT SINS , so how can man forgive SINS in Acts 2:38 is the answer in that verse .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Yet another who defends himself by pointing the finger at others, and issues false allegations! I leave you to your opinions: Which is a shame, because I would have liked to have understood where you were coming from.

The easiest thing to do is admit your mistake in post #87, quoted above... which is where our argument started.

In fact, THIS is the purpose of keys of the Kingdom:
Forgive those who repent. Don't forgive those who don't repent.

There many differences between Matt 18:18 and Matt 16:19 .

In Mattn16:19 only PETER is given the KEYS of the KINGDOM of HEAVEN .

There are 2 SHALL BE which are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE .

In Matt 18:18 there is no mention of the KINGDOM of HEAVEN , and Greek words are also in the FUTURE TENSE .

As to John 20:22 all disciple receive the POWER OF HOLY SPIRIT .

In verse These disciples were given the POWER to REMIT SINS .

And many will not so as only God can REMIT SINS , so how can man forgive SINS in Acts 2:38 as the answer is in that verse .

dan p

Peter is given the keys because the Father has given him the revelation of who Ιησους is.
The Father has approved our Peter. And so Peter, James and John are taken to Mount Hermon where Ιησους is made king by transfiguration, on "Sion His holy mountain" in Psalms 2:6. I pray for the day when the UN base is removed from that holy ground.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi @Dan Perez

Yes Peter and the twelve were equipped for the tasks the Lord had set them. Praise God!

Hi @Other Sheep,

Regarding post#87 I have altered the text slightly, for the reference to Revelation 14:6 was to the angelic preaching of 'The Everlasting Gospel' at the end of the age. (as far as I can see that was my only error) So all that is referred to in that quotation you made from #87 now, is Matthew 24:14, the context of which places it at the end of the age too:-

'And this gospel of the kingdom
shall be preached in all the world
for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.'

(Mat 24:14)

Thank you both,
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0