Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Explosion, sunspot, whatever we like to call it, we know the sun can eject superheated hydrogen plasma. The Carrington event was an example of the biggest recorded one, but lots of them have caused radio transmission problems and they cause auroras.
A supernova would, of course, totally annihilate our entire solar system.
No, the CME that is so comprehensively prophesied to happen, will be of unprecedented magnitude and will literally cause all the detailed effects, as written.

How many people were killed during the Carrington event?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How many people were killed during the Carrington event? .

Irrelevant and provocative comment.
I said that the forthcoming CME will be unprecedented in size and effect.
But the C. event, did destroy a lot of the early telegraph system. Another one of the same size would devastate our electricity supply, communications and transport systems, leading to huge numbers of deaths worldwide. Jeremiah 25:33, Isaiah 54:6, Isaiah 13:12

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It will not happen as a separate event. The final day of judgement will be swift and complete.
Complete unbiblical nonsense!
You stick to the NT; read Revelation, why don't you? There 4 clear and separate judgements to come yet. The second one, the Gog/Magog attack on new Israel, is in Ezekiel 38-39 & Joel 2:20. Then is the destruction of the armies of the Anti-Christ, by the Sword of His Word at the Return. Near the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus, there is another G/M attack, then the G.W.T. judgements.
But the next prophesied thing for us, is an event similar in scale to Noah's flood. But people who deny this truth are unprepared.
Romans 9:22-25 ...it is indeed God's purpose to display His power in vengeance and retribution....He has tolerated peoples that are destined for destruction, just so as to make known His full power and glory to those whom He has prepared for glory; for us, called from among Jews and Gentiles alike.
I will call them My people, in the very place where I told the Israelites; 'You are not My people', they will be called 'sons of the Living God'.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Complete unbiblical nonsense![/QUOTE]

The statement above would be a good response to someone who says the fact that the Carrington Event killed no one is "irrelevant", and then claims the CME he is forecasting as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy will be of unprecedented size and effect.

There is something about charged particles from the sun that you seem to be unaware of.

I used to keep an old amber computer monitor and a large magnet in my classroom to demonstrate the effect.
When the pole of the magnet was placed on the outer surface of the CRT, it appeared as if a hole was on the screen where the magnetic field was deflecting the electrons hitting the screen.

The magnetic field of the earth acts like a shield to help protect us from charged particles from the sun.
This is one of the many reasons your scenario will not work.

The second problem is that the text of Revelation chapter 6 is a record of the events of Armageddon.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Rev 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

If that is the next event, we are about done with this rotten, sin-cursed world.

A statement would seem provocative when one is faced with the possibility that their manmade doctrine, does not match up with reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Keras,
the new Israel of the NT is not the nation of Israel in 2015 nor since 1948 or 1967.

Your Rom 9 quote is entirely mishandled. He is talking about their history, and that verse that says even us, is one of the clearest statements that there is a new Israel now, or that the remnant/elect now is the usual for the apostles: made up of all kinds, not just ethnic Jews. He is also showing that Israel has never been a 100% pure people, or that that will ever be a state that we/it will go back to. He meant that acts of judgement serve God's glory and that "Israel" has always been those who believe and honor God, no matter what "tree" they were born from.

The day of God's judgement will look like Rom 2A. All people, no distinctions, no geo-political battles, etc. What the Rev was describing was just a montage of those 1st century turmoils.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
BaB, you are determined to fit Armageddon into the Day of the Lord's wrath, despite their places in Revelation are 13 chapters apart. Mountains and islands moved is NOT the same as 'fled away'. [disappeared]
Why shouldn't the CME predicted in the Bible be bigger than the C. event? Secular scientists do predict such a possibility/probability.
The 'sky rolled up like a scroll', reiterated in Isaiah 34:4 and 2 Peter 3:10, is what will happen when a billion ton mass of superheated hydrogen hit our atmosphere and magnetosphere.
Deny these truths as you like, but when it happens you will know all about it!

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Keras, our earth system can only handle one of those shocks.

A rational accounting of the populations and materiel in the Rev shows that it is symbolic. I got to -287% and quit the last time I worked out the numbers. There are neither people nor objects enough for everything to happen as written in a scientific sense.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Keras, our earth system can only handle one of those shocks. .
Remember God made everything, He is in control.
Therefore He can and will cause a CME to explode out from the sun, exactly as prophesied, Isaiah 30:26a, Malachi 4:1, it will be just the right magnitude to do what He wants and is timed to strike the ME. at mid day ME. time. Zech. 2:4
The earth is travelling at 66,000mph on its orbital track, so this coupled with the speed of the CME, will negate the worst effects of this strike on the rest of the world. Everyone will dive for cover: Hide among the rocks and in caves...so most people will survive.

You deniers are just like those in 2 Peter 3:1-7...the world goes on just like it always has, why think it could change? But you forget that God destroyed Noah's world and now the world is reserved for burning. On the Day of judgement/punishment the godless will be wiped out.
v2a Remember the predictions made by the prophets....
Note at this time the godless will be destroyed. It mostly refers to the attackers of Israel, as people will be able to continue on in their unbelief, until the Return, when they will all be destroyed.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BaB, you are determined to fit Armageddon into the Day of the Lord's wrath, despite their places in Revelation are 13 chapters apart. Mountains and islands moved is NOT the same as 'fled away'. [disappeared]
Why shouldn't the CME predicted in the Bible be bigger than the C. event? Secular scientists do predict such a possibility/probability.
The 'sky rolled up like a scroll', reiterated in Isaiah 34:4 and 2 Peter 3:10, is what will happen when a billion ton mass of superheated hydrogen hit our atmosphere and magnetosphere.
Deny these truths as you like, but when it happens you will know all about it!

You are saying that mountains and islands moved out of their places cannot be the same as mountains and islands that fled away.

If your dog is normally chained in the back yard, but he breaks the chain...

The dog may be moved out of his normal place...

or it could be said...

Your dog fled away.

Do you think a CME will bring in the New Heavens and the New Earth of 2nd Peter 3:10?

Can you provide the names of these secular scientists, with the sources of their predictions so that others can take a look at the information?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are saying that mountains and islands moved out of their places cannot be the same as mountains and islands that fled away.
They refer to different events because they ARE described differently and the first is at the 6th Seal, the other is at the GWT. judgement, after the Millennium.

Do you think a CME will bring in the New Heavens and the New Earth of 2nd Peter 3:10?
As 2 Peter 3:10 is telling of a Day that will come as a thief, It cannot refer to the Return or to the end of the Millennium. Both of those can known from the time periods given.
It is, therefore, reiterating verse 7, that is the Sixth Seal event. Only in verse 11 onwards is the NHNE mentioned.

Can you provide the names of these secular scientists, with the sources of their predictions so that others can take a look at the information?
Richard Fisher, director Heliophysics, NASA warns of a CME;
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/04jun_swef/
There is plenty of other info, just google Coronal Mass Ejection. Look at spaceweather.com
Many other people see this being the way the Lord will 'reset civilization' this time. To even accept this as a possibility would show yourself to be above petty denial and small mindedness.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is plenty of other info, just google Coronal Mass Ejection. Look at spaceweather.com
Many other people see this being the way the Lord will 'reset civilization' this time. To even accept this as a possibility would show yourself to be above petty denial and small mindedness.

I did go to the NASA website and check the source you provided.

Being a HAM Radio operator, I am well aware of space weather and monitor it on a regular basis.

I am also aware that ejections from the sun could cause damage to communications satellites, especially those in geosynchronous orbits. The possibility even exists of a "civilization reset".
An EMP attack could do the same thing.

But, what you have proposed is not based on the facts above.

You have gone from satellite damage, to people hiding in underground bunkers.

You have insisted on a thermite reaction on the moon without the reactants needed to enable the reaction.

You have gone from satellite damage to all satellites simultaneously crashing to the ground as a result of a large CME.

What you have proposed is a fairy-tale.

It is not even good science fiction, since it is based on hyperbole, instead of science.
However, those who do not accept the fairy-tale are labeled with "petty denial and small mindedness".

Beam me up, Scotty.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Keras,
what are you trying to resolve here? That God can use these things or exactly how he will, like he needs you to know how they will so it will all work just right?

2 Pet 3 says the day of judgment will come like a thief; no advance warnings or alarms, at least that's what the smart thieves do.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
BaB, what I promote is based on the Prophetic Word. Believe it or not, up to you. Call yourself a Berean, search the scriptures then, a judgement by fire is prophesied throughout the Bible.

IP, I point out what God has said He will do. He will send fire upon His enemies, all will be surprised when it happens.
Right now, Iran is practically ready to 'wipe Israel off the map'. Their proxies are armed to the teeth and they now have nothing to stop them finalising their nukes.
Will God allow them to prevail? How do you think He will stop them?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BaB, what I promote is based on the Prophetic Word. Believe it or not, up to you. Call yourself a Berean, search the scriptures then, a judgement by fire is prophesied throughout the Bible.

I have done as you asked above.

However, you are not happy with the results of the search...

I will give you one thing Keras, except for some "small minded" comments, your name-calling has been minimal.

I do appreciate that.

It looks like we will not be able to come to an agreement.

I hope you do realize that we have a duty to put a newer interpretation through the torture test, to see if it has merit.

I have no hard feelings toward you and wish you well.

If your interpretation is correct, I will owe you an apology at the resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have done as you asked above.
However, you are not happy with the results of the search...

I will give you one thing Keras, except for some "small minded" comments, your name-calling has been minimal.
I do appreciate that.

It looks like we will not be able to come to an agreement.

I hope you do realize that we have a duty to put a newer interpretation through the torture test, to see if it has merit.

I have no hard feelings toward you and wish you well.

If your interpretation is correct, I will owe you an apology at the resurrection.
Thanks, BaBerean2. I feel the same toward you, we are Christian brothers after all.
This Day will come: Zechariah 3:9b-10 In a single Day, I will wipe away the sins of this Land. In that time, you are to invite each other to come and sit under your vines and fig trees.
I will be very happy to accept your apology then.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Heads up! NASA Scientist Holly Gilbert is warning that solar flares are reaching volatile tipping points that could lead to many power outages across the country. According to a joint research study by Lloyd's of London and the U.S. Atmospheric and Environmental Research if solar mega storms were to knock out the power grid then the western world could be left in the dark for days, months, or even years depending on the severity of the flare.
Solar storms are massive explosions in the sun’s atmosphere that can propel large amounts of radiation towards the Earth, if large enough it could pierce our magnetosphere and internally interrupt electrical networks that are reliant on electricity. Considering the U.S.’s power gird is already outdated, we could be in for a world of hurt.

In recent months solar flare activity has skyrocketed and 2015 is looking to be a year of major increases and prospective threats of blackouts. We have already had two scares of potential solar apocalypses that just so happened to miss the Earth…but experts fear we will not always be so lucky.
If earth was hit by an X-class flare, we would be sent back to the dark ages. Our technological advancements would malfunction, factories, pipelines, sewage plants, water delivery, and the economy would collapse and shut down. NASA scientists claim it’s not a question of if but when.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 2:12-22 The Lord has a Day of doom prepared, for all the proud and ungodly peoples. He alone, will be exalted on that Day. Everyone will throw away their idols and their money, they will crawl into hiding places when He comes to strike the world with terror. Deut. 32:34-35 & 22

Amos 5:18-20 Woe betide those who long for the Day of the Lord. What will that Day mean for you? It will be darkness, not light. It will be as when someone runs from a lion, only to be confronted by a bear, or as when he leans on a wall and is bitten by a snake. The Day of the Lord is indeed darkness, not light.
[Darkness will be caused by the smoke of city and forest fires and volcanic ash clouds]

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast, no runner is so swift as that Day. That Day is a Day of wrath, of anguish and torment, a Day of destruction and devastation, a Day of darkness and cloud, a Day of trumpet blasts and battle cries against fortifications. I shall bring dire distress on people, they will walk like the blind because of their sins against Me. Their blood will be poured out, their dead bodies like dung. Neither their silver nor gold will avail to save them on the Day of the Lord’s wrath. By the fire of His jealousy, the whole land will be consumed, for He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the land. [This is also the “third swing of the sword” Ezekiel 21:8-16, the final judgement of Judah, Amos 2:4-5]]

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all the arrogant and evildoers will be as stubble – that Day will burn them up, leaving them neither root nor branch.

Psalms 37:20 The enemies of the Lord will perish like fuel in a furnace, they will go up in smoke.

Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked men have been set ablaze, like a fire fed with thorn bushes. They are wrapped in a pall of smoke, the land is scorched by the fury of the Lord and the people are fuel for the fire.

Isaiah 24:19-20 The earth is shattered, it is convulsed and reels wildly. The earth lurches like a drunkard and sways like a watchman’s shelter, because the sins of its inhabitants weigh heavily upon it, and it falls to rise no more. [‘falls, to rise no more’, from the chapter context, this is not complete or permanent, therefore the world recovers from it, but our civilization will be changed.]

Revelation 6:12-17 I watched as the Lamb broke the sixth seal. There was a violent earthquake, the sun turned black and the moon red. The starry host [satellites?] fell to the earth, like figs blown off the tree and the sky rolled up like a scroll. All peoples were terrified and hid themselves, calling out: Who can hide us from the One who sits on the Throne and the wrath of the Lamb? For their great Day of vengeance and wrath has come and who can stand? Isaiah 34:4 Ref: REB. Some verses condensed.

All these verses above are part of the Sixth seal, an event that takes place before all the other Revelation happenings, such as the trumpet and bowl judgements, the beasts, the fall of mystery Babylon and the rescue of the ‘Woman’ and years before the Return. As can be proved, the first five seal judgements have been opened since the 1st century, therefore the next prophesied event that we can expect in our world will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath – a great and terrible judgement of fire from the sun, that will destroy His enemies. This will make ‘a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land’, that is all the area from the Nile to the Euphrates, when enemies commence their attack on Israel. ‘all peoples will be terrified’, this will affect all the world and enable the formation of a One World government, also the gathering of the Righteous Israelites into their Promised Land, in preparation for the Return of Jesus.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1Th 5:1
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Dan 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Dan 3:26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

Dan 3:27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

Dan 3:28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

Dan 3:29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

... He shall baptize you with Fire...

Upvote 0