When it comes to other religions, what is the bottom line?

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
By reading what you wrote. :doh:
Then you need help in reading comprehension. :doh:
Yes, the king confronted a person at the banquet not wearing wedding clothes (meaning he was unjustified to be there) and cast him out. And you equated that unjustified person with someone who says, "...I just need Jesus." Our proverbial wedding clothes are given to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at the foot of the cross. They're not handed out by popes, priests, saints, or Mary.:amen:
None of us is worthy-we all wear rags when we appear before our Lord. Baptism, and the other Sacraments, presented to us by Popes, priests, and the community of saints through the Holy Spirit, cloth us for our entry to heaven.:amen:

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you need help in reading comprehension. :doh:

And then you go on to prove my point by doubling down...

None of us is worthy-we all wear rags when we appear before our Lord. Baptism, and the other Sacraments, presented to us by Popes, priests, and the community of saints through the Holy Spirit, cloth us for our entry to heaven.:amen:

Sorry, I'm going to have to go with the Word of God on this one. :amen:

You feel free to follow the word of man and believe that justification is through popes, priests, saints, and Mary if you'd like. :liturgy:<---I think this little guy is reading the CCC.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And then you go on to prove my point by doubling down...

Sorry, I'm going to have to go with the Word of God on this one. :amen:

You feel free to follow the word of man and believe that justification is through popes, priests, saints, and Mary if you'd like. :liturgy:<---I think this little guy is reading the CCC.
The problem is that you don't recognize the entire Word of God. If you did, you'd know that it's contained in more than just the Bible. Once again, you say you don't want to partake of the entire banquet, just one part of it.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's not a matter of what you 'need'. There's a minimum and there's a high end (no maximum). God has prepared a banquet for you. Do you attend the banquet in rags and say, "oh, I don't need priests or the pope or the Eucharist, I just need Jesus"? I don't think so. I want all of it-Pope, priests, Eucharist, saints, Mary, and all.
So, if I don't use the Pope, or the Catholic Eucharist, pray to the saints and Mary... I will be in heaven but only in rags? Is this what you are saying?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that you don't recognize the entire Word of God. If you did, you'd know that it's contained in more than just the Bible. Once again, you say you don't want to partake of the entire banquet, just one part of it.
I need Christ and Christ alone. The rest are mere men and most of them dead men and one dead woman... body to bones in some grave, in paradise worshiping their savior but it will not be me worshiping or praying to them... Only my heavenly Father, Christ or the Holy Spirit.

I don't plan on being in rags due to not accepting these people as mere humans.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

You imagine church history being monolithic. You've just chosen part of it and rejected other parts.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The bottom line is that Christianity is the only religion whereby one is saved without working for it. For all other religions, to be saved, one must work for it before, during, or after.

Up, St. Paul states: Philippians 2:12Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation. 13For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to accomplish, according to his good will.

Up, are you saying St. Paul is not a Christian?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A whole bunch of books between John and Revelation, and people still think salvation is by works. It's as if folks don't actually read the Bible, just regurgitate quotes they find on Google that they think support their unbiblical dogma. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Up, St. Paul states: Philippians 2:12Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation. 13For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to accomplish, according to his good will.

"Working out" is not the same thing as working for/earning.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So, if I don't use the Pope, or the Catholic Eucharist, pray to the saints and Mary... I will be in heaven but only in rags? Is this what you are saying?
No, I didn't say that. It's not for me to say. Judgement is God's alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I need Christ and Christ alone. The rest are mere men and most of them dead men and one dead woman... body to bones in some grave, in paradise worshiping their savior but it will not be me worshiping or praying to them... Only my heavenly Father, Christ or the Holy Spirit.

I don't plan on being in rags due to not accepting these people as mere humans.
You need water, and a little bit of food, only, too, but I'll bet you eat and drink more than that. By the way, where is Mary's grave, and where are her bones? We know where the bones of all the apostles are, but no sign of Mary's... PS We don't worship anyone but God.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You imagine church history being monolithic. You've just chosen part of it and rejected other parts.
Actually, I haven't rejected any part of it, though Protestants, mostly, have rejected many parts of it. Like the doctrines and dogmas of Mary, the Eucharist and the saints...

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Working out" is not the same thing as working for/earning.

Philippians 2:12Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Jimmy, then what does "Work Out" Mean specially when "Fear and Trembling" is in the same sentence???

Jimmy, why this NEED for "Fear and Trembling"??? One is afraid/tremble to loose, WHAT??? Afraid/Tremble that they may LOOSE what they WORKED OUT???

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 2:12Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Jimmy, then what does "Work Out" Mean specially when "Fear and Trembling" is in the same sentence???

Jimmy, why this NEED for "Fear and Trembling"??? One is afraid/tremble to loose, WHAT??? Afraid/Tremble that they may LOOSE what they WORKED OUT???

No man ever truly obeyed God out of fear. It's not possible, as "obedience" motivated by fear is self-serving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Fear YHWH and keep His commandments.

Righteous fear, Respect, Awe, Faithfulness ---

OUR CREATOR is a CONSUMING FIRE --- it is a fearful thing to fall into HIS HANDS!

BE TERRIFIED , it is written, lest anyone BE FOUND SHORT - not saved -

find out BEFORE DYING because after living once, then dying, is the JUDGMENT - final judgment, for all time - no change possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very EO of you.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

SU, you can call me SU.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

The idea is not to work out your salvation as if to accomplish your salvation, as if you had no salvation in the first place. You can't work out what you don't already have. Unless you believe there is zero grace involved in salvation. We know you don't think so.

The idea is to work out, live out, act out from a position of salvation. BECAUSE (for) God works in you to will and do His good pleasure. We aren't working for salvation, but working out from salvation.

Fear and trembling because after all we recognize it is God working in us and we don't want to mess it up. It is your own salvation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0