When it comes to other religions, what is the bottom line?

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't miss it.
No, it won't help.
There's too much Scripture you keep not reading or have never read (I don't know),
or just don't understand - the teachings you propose are alien to Christianity that is described on this site, and also as described in SCRIPTURE.
I've posted plenty of supporting Scripture.

You've posted nothing that says the dead cannot hear the Good News.

Now, get back to us when you have something besides your tradition.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The ideas/ teachings you propose are alien to Christianity as is described on this site, and also as described clearly in SCRIPTURE.

If you'd care to divulge what church or whatever it is you got them from, it is much easier to understand the deception behind it, and to correct it.
Again, the only question is whether the dead will hear the Good News. Show us where that cannot and will not happen.

Here, otherwise, are a few Scriptures.

Matthew 27:52-53

Philippians 2:10-11

Isaiah 45:18-25

Ephesians 4:8

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
..... wrong section .....
Again, the only question is whether the dead will hear the Good News. Show us where that cannot and will not happen.
Universalism is already outside the bounds of Christianity, unless the rules here changed recently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
.... wrong section ....

Your posts don't agree with any of the Christian churches I know of here or anywhere....

Unitarian or Universalism perfectly fits your description/ content of your posts/ that you have argued for quite a bit in this thread et al >>>>
========================================
excerpts from
Is universalism / universal salvation biblical?
Universalism is the belief that everyone will be saved. There are many people today who hold to universal salvation and believe that all people eventually end up in heaven. Perhaps it is the thought of men and women living a life of eternal torment in hell that causes some to reject the teaching of Scripture on this issue. For some it is an over-emphasis on the love and compassion of God—and the neglect of the righteousness and justice of God—that leads them to believe God will have mercy on every living soul. But the Scriptures do teach that some people will spend eternity in hell.

First of all, the Bible is clear that unredeemed men will dwell forever in hell. Jesus’ own words confirm that the time spent in heaven for the redeemed will last as long as that of the unredeemed in hell. Matthew 25:46 says, “Then they [the unsaved] will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” According to this verse, the punishment of the unsaved is just as eternal as the life of the righteous. Some believe that those in hell will eventually cease to exist, but the Lord Himself confirms that it will last forever. Matthew 25:41 and Mark 9:44 describe hell as “eternal fire” and “unquenchable fire.”
With verses such as these, it becomes clear that universalism and universal salvation are unbiblical beliefs. Universalism directly contradicts what Scripture teaches. While many people accuse Christians of being intolerant and “exclusive,” it is important to remember that these are the words of Christ Himself. Christians did not develop these ideas on their own; Christians are simply stating what the Lord has already said. People choose to reject the message because they do not want to face up to their sin and admit that they need the Lord to save them. To say that those who reject God’s provision of salvation through His Son will be saved is to belittle the holiness and justice of God and negate the need of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf.

Recommended Resource: Four Views of Salvation in a Pluralistic World by Dennis L. Okholm & Timothy R. Phillips

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.... wrong section ....

Your posts don't agree with any of the Christian churches I know of here or anywhere....

Unitarian or Universalism perfectly fits your description/ content of your posts/ that you have argued for quite a bit in this thread et al >>>>
========================================
excerpts from
Is universalism / universal salvation biblical?
Universalism is the belief that everyone will be saved. There are many people today who hold to universal salvation and believe that all people eventually end up in heaven. Perhaps it is the thought of men and women living a life of eternal torment in hell that causes some to reject the teaching of Scripture on this issue. For some it is an over-emphasis on the love and compassion of God—and the neglect of the righteousness and justice of God—that leads them to believe God will have mercy on every living soul. But the Scriptures do teach that some people will spend eternity in hell.

First of all, the Bible is clear that unredeemed men will dwell forever in hell. Jesus’ own words confirm that the time spent in heaven for the redeemed will last as long as that of the unredeemed in hell. Matthew 25:46 says, “Then they [the unsaved] will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” According to this verse, the punishment of the unsaved is just as eternal as the life of the righteous. Some believe that those in hell will eventually cease to exist, but the Lord Himself confirms that it will last forever. Matthew 25:41 and Mark 9:44 describe hell as “eternal fire” and “unquenchable fire.”
With verses such as these, it becomes clear that universalism and universal salvation are unbiblical beliefs. Universalism directly contradicts what Scripture teaches. While many people accuse Christians of being intolerant and “exclusive,” it is important to remember that these are the words of Christ Himself. Christians did not develop these ideas on their own; Christians are simply stating what the Lord has already said. People choose to reject the message because they do not want to face up to their sin and admit that they need the Lord to save them. To say that those who reject God’s provision of salvation through His Son will be saved is to belittle the holiness and justice of God and negate the need of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf.

Recommended Resource: Four Views of Salvation in a Pluralistic World by Dennis L. Okholm & Timothy R. Phillips

Again, no one is saying anything about universalism. Your snippet doesn't even address the question before you. You've erected a strawman and blown a mighty wind.

Provide some Scripture that says the dead will not and cannot hear the Gospel.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Again, no one is saying anything about universalism.
You have been very directly in the content of your posts promoting the idea of universalism, that everyone will be saved, even those who do not repent, even those of pagan and heathen religions, constantly.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have been very directly in the content of your posts promoting the idea of universalism, that everyone will be saved, even those who do not repent, even those of pagan and heathen religions, constantly.
From my post 116 to you,
"Unbelievable as it may be, there may be some who reject Christ. But hey, maybe they join some people in purgatory trying to figure it all out."
So no, not promoting universalism.

Universalism, however, is the idea that everyone is saved automatically by virtue of Christ's atonement. Doesn't happen that way; it's not automatically applied at all. The Gospel must be preached. People must hear. God must open the heart to believe. People must repent. People are saved.

So no, I'm not a universalist, nor am I one who believes that other religions have salvific potential.

The only question is whether those who have died without hearing the Gospel may eventually hear it? I've showed Scripture that the answer is yes. Feel free to try to prove your point from Scripture that the dead are dead and will never be saved. Other than doing that, please don't bear false witness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When it comes to other religions, what is the bottom line?

So bottom line, if you are not with Christ you go to hell? Or in the case of those who don't believe in a literal hell, to eternal separation from God?

I once heard about the Pope saying that even atheists can be saved if they are genuinely good people.

What are your thoughts?

I would make sure your religion teaches the Bible in a way that is easy to understand, since it is easy to understand and doesn't take much to comprehend it. ie: It's not as difficult as many college courses. Which is why it's so relaxing and enjoying, it's of the heart, kind and merciful and somewhat disturbing at times (ie: persecutions, deaths, etc.). But it should be relaxing to study with your church. The exception to this is visions and revelations, they can be fairly brain heavy on the comprehension area.

Your religion should not be damning people, and should be generally accepting of new people regardless of their past lives, this includes any sins pretty much must be forgiven by the church.

They should be using the money to upkeep the premise and also committed to the welfare of the people of the church and outreach for other peoples to attempt to gain converts, including welfare to the less fortunate.

They should be teaching love for the members one to another, and there should not be arguments promoted by the religion during Bible teachings.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't personally believe you need a pope, priest or any of those things ... You need to submit your life to God completely and follow his Word. I guess it all starts with Repentance and Faith.
It's not a matter of what you 'need'. There's a minimum and there's a high end (no maximum). God has prepared a banquet for you. Do you attend the banquet in rags and say, "oh, I don't need priests or the pope or the Eucharist, I just need Jesus"? I don't think so. I want all of it-Pope, priests, Eucharist, saints, Mary, and all.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a matter of what you 'need'. There's a minimum and there's a high end (no maximum). God has prepared a banquet for you. Do you attend the banquet in rags and say, "oh, I don't need priests or the pope or the Eucharist, I just need Jesus"? I don't think so. I want all of it-Pope, priests, Eucharist, saints, Mary, and all.

You say that as if Jesus isn't enough, equating Him to wearing rags. How unfortunate. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You say that as if Jesus isn't enough, equating Him to wearing rags. How unfortunate. :sigh:
I don't know how you got from there to here. I didn't say Jesus = wearing rags. Remember the parable of the wedding feast? One showed up in rags, no?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how you got from there to here.

By reading what you wrote. :doh:

I didn't say Jesus = wearing rags. Remember the parable of the wedding feast? One showed up in rags, no?

Yes, the king confronted a person at the banquet not wearing wedding clothes (meaning he was unjustified to be there) and cast him out. And you equated that unjustified person with someone who says, "...I just need Jesus." Our proverbial wedding clothes are given to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at the foot of the cross. They're not handed out by popes, priests, saints, or Mary.:amen:

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0