Question about afterlife - " New Mars ".

Jul 10, 2023
Ljubljana
✟11,875.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a question , and probably most of you will laugh at it, but I will try my best to explain it.

As far as my understanding goes - when we die we either go to Heaven or Hell for some time, and then we are reincarnated on " New Earth ".

My question is: what about " new planets " like - " New Mars " , " New Venus " ..... Etc.

Bible only talks about New Earth ,.... But what about New-Other-Planets.

The thing is: in 21.st century we are at the edge of making man-kind a multi-planetary-species ...

Will God allow us to be multi-planetary-species after " Armageddon " , or humanity will always be like - single planet species in after-Armageddon-timeline?

I hope this question makes sence. :D

Bottom line why I ask this is : I am kinda not interested in living on New Earth ... :/ Sorry God , not my cup of tea. :D

So my question is : will God allow the certain individuals to own private planets or New Earth will be only habitable one ? Thanks.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have a question , and probably most of you will laugh at it, but I will try my best to explain it.

As far as my understanding goes - when we die we either go to Heaven or Hell for some time, and then we are reincarnated on " New Earth ".

My question is: what about " new planets " like - " New Mars " , " New Venus " ..... Etc.

The thing is: in 21.st century we are at the edge of making man-kind a multi-planetary-species ...

Will God allow us to be multi-planetary-species after " Armageddon " , or humanity will always be like - single planet species in after-Armageddon-timeline?

Bottom line why I ask this is : I am kinda not interested in living on New Earth ... :/ Sorry God , not my cup of tea. :D

So my question is : will God allow the certain individuals to own private planets or New Earth will be only habitable one ? Thanks.
"the living know that they will die - but the dead know not anything" Eccl 9:5

Rather for the dead we have this
Matt 22 "God is not the god of the dead"

At funerals we have this
1 Thess 4:13-18
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as indeed the rest of mankind do, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead, so also God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep through Jesus. 15 For we say this to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who remain, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore, comfort one another with these words.

Where does Jesus take them at that point?

John 14:1-3 says this
2 In My Father’s house are many rooms; if that were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will take you to Myself, so that where I am, there you also will be

In other words, Mars, new Mars, Pluto etc has nothing to do with it.

The dormant state described in 1 Thess 4 is kind of like John 11 "our friend Lazarus sleeps - I go that I may wake HIM"

To be in a dormant state something must still exist - and sure enough Matt 10:28
"do not fear those who KILL the body but are unable to kill the soul - rather fear Him who can destroy BOTH body AND soul in fiery hell"

The NEW Earth of Rev 21 is THIS Earth made NEW - reformatted during the lake of fire event of Rev 20

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

Jer 4: speaking of the future 1000 year millennium that starts with the coming of Christ

23 I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void, desolate.
And the heavens, they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled,
And all the hills moved back and forth.
25 I beheld, and indeed there was no human,
And all the birds of the heavens had fled.
26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness,
And all its cities were broken down
At the presence of the Lord,
By His fierce anger.

27 For thus says the Lord:
“The whole land shall be desolate;
Yet I will not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn,
And the heavens above be black,
Because I have spoken.
I have purposed and will not relent,
Nor will I turn back from it.

God says He does not make a full end of Earth - in that desolate state during the 1000 year millennium - rather he makes it NEW again at the end of the 1000 years just as Rev 20 and 21 say. So you wont be getting "Mars" or "New Mars" -- it will be this Earth made NEW

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Resurrected. Reincarnation is something very, very different.

New heavens and new earth.

The heavens are, from an earth-bound observer, everything else out there.

God is going to heal and restore all of creation. See Romans 8 about how creation groans in labor pains as an example of what the Bible is saying on this subject.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2023
Ljubljana
✟11,875.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you wont be getting "Mars" or "New Mars" -- it will be this Earth made NEW

I don't like that , but I get why there will not be New Mars.

What about " political surroudings " on New Earth ? Will there be nations ? Will I be allowed to create my own nation / have my own private country / continent ?

Not a joke question , I don't want to be part of any nation on New Earth , cause I don't agree with a lot of stuff, so I would like to create my own .....

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No one knows exactly what the shape of things to come will be in regard to the final state.

On a more personal scale, I simply want to be where Jesus is. For me, that would be more than sufficiently satisfying.

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2023
Ljubljana
✟11,875.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one knows exactly what the shape of things to come will be in regard to the final state.

On a more personal scale, I simply want to be where Jesus is. For me, that would be more than sufficiently satisfying.

Well , agree - I won't know until I get there. But for me - I will get cancer very soon, so I won't need to wait for long. :D

On personal scale - I don't get along with people cause of different lifestyle / priorities and different opinions , so I would love to have Adam and Eve experience of after life. Just the two of us alone on planet , and Jesus can teleport visit us anytime he wants. :D

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well , agree - I won't know until I get there. But for me - I will get cancer very soon, so I won't need to wait for long. :D

On personal scale - I don't get along with people cause of different lifestyle / priorities and different opinions , so I would love to have Adam and Eve experience of after life. Just the two of us alone on planet , and Jesus can teleport visit us anytime he wants. :D

One thing to keep in mind is this: the New Testament writers seem to assert we'll be personally transformed into a state of being that prevents our being socially needy.

So, do yourself a favor and maybe let go of the idea that in Eternity, whether we're on a 'literal' New Earth or within a more Cosmic scenario, you and I will feel at home because we'll transcend all of the 'basic' human claptrap we have to deal with here psychologically (and physically). ;)

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Sorry, but God's Kingdom is a dictatorship--not a democracy. Satan wanted out for this reason. He wanted to be "God" too!

So if God is King of Kings, or Dictator for Life, then it behooves us to choose whether we want to follow Satan or God, our own interests or God's interests? Personally, I choose God because as the Creator He designed the universe with Earth as our home.

And so, rather than viewing it as boring or limiting we should understand that God understands our concerns and is unlimited. The universe is surpassing in size, and He is hardly limited by the limited size of the Earth.

We just don't know if we will have "space travel" on the New Earth. I'm tempted to say there will be to some degree, because if you measure the height of the New Jerusalem it extends into space!

As for the creation of a New Universe with New Planets, I think that goes without saying. The universe appears to be in danger of evolving into chaos. So in making a New Heavens God appears to wish to rectify this. Since it is well beyond anything we can comprehend there is little explanation as to how He is going to do this.

Most of Biblical Prophecy speaks in terms of earthly judgments, and normally using the technology of the times in which the prophecy takes place. The skies darkening has more to do with cloudiness and smoke from field fires. The falling of the stars appears to be a reference to a decline in the power of evil angels over our earth, using the imagery of "falling meteors." Seas turning to blood indicates death of many peoples who traverse the seas, using the imagery of human blood spilled into water and spreading out.

We may get frustrated not to know more, and I don't think it's wrong to question. We do have to learn a certain degree of contentment and trust in God, or patience in His answers. It is indeed for kings or queens to seek out answers. The diligent will likely find what they are looking for, if they are willing to pay the price in obedience.

Incidentally, we are not "reincarnated"--that is a pagan concept. We are to be "resurrected," our souls being rejoined with bodies completely created out of new substances. It will still be *us,* though we have no clue what that will look like. We won't reproduce, having reached our quota for the earth, and clearly, our biology will change!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't like that , but I get why there will not be New Mars.

What about " political surroudings " on New Earth ? Will there be nations ? Will I be allowed to create my own nation / have my own private country / continent ?

Not a joke question , I don't want to be part of any nation on New Earth , cause I don't agree with a lot of stuff, so I would like to create my own .....

I'd first point to the fact that, in a lot of ways, we see parallels of things in Genesis with God's work of redemption, healing, and the renewal of all things in the end. Genesis begins with the creation of the heavens and the earth, to create His Temple, inhabiting His creation and dwell with human beings in perfect communion (a bit later in Genesis we even see a reference to God walking in the Garden of Eden)--notice how everything concludes, when we go to the last couple chapters of the Revelation we see the renewal and restoration of all creation, and God coming to inhabit, to dwell with man in perfect glorified communion forever.

Another example of this parallel is the Tower of Babel, where man trying to ascend to glory to reach God, God creates a confusion of the languages, and everyone departs and from this we see descriptions of the various nations and tribes of the world. In the book of Acts what do we see happen on Pentecost? We see the reverse of that, the Holy Spirit is poured out and the infant Church experiences something incredible, as those who were gathered began to speak and praise God in diverse languages--the languages of the many different pilgrims who were there in Jerusalem that day. That great crowd of pilgrims, from all over the known world, who spoke all sorts of different languages, heard these uneducated men and women speaking in their own languages. Instead of confusion, God brought understanding.

Another example, notice how the Bible starts big--with the creation of the universe, then with Adam and Eve, follows the line of Adam and Eve to Noah, then follows Noah's line through Shem all the way to Abraham, and then to Jacob, to Moses, to David, to Jesus. Then in Jesus we see the Gospel is preached "beginning in Jerusalem, then throughout Judea and Samaria, then to the ends of the earth" the Commission the Lord gives is, what? "Make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit" So the focus narrows from Adam (all of mankind) down to Abraham, and to Israel, and to Jesus the Messiah; and through and in Jesus is the redemption of the Jews, and indeed, all nations. So that all people, all nations are united and restored together as a single people in Jesus--our Eternal King, whose kingdom has no end.

The division of men into tribes, nations, etc; and all our political machinations are a product of the Fall. We were never meant to be this way, we were meant to be a people defined by our relationship to God and our relationship with the whole of creation. To bear God's Image. That Image was tarnished by the Fall, but it is restored in Jesus. Jesus is the New Adam, the new man, who gives to us a new humanity.

In the Age to Come, we aren't going to be divided into tribes, clans, nations; we aren't going to exist in a state of competition with one another, nor struggle against the rest of creation (for no longer is there death, nor pain, nor suffering, nor disease, all is the old is passed away and shall be but a distant memory). We will be the one family of humanity, under the Fatherhood of God, our humanity borne of Christ who makes us new. God will dwell with us and we with Him. We shall live and enjoy God and all that He made, and be in perfect fellowship with one another.

I don't think there's room, in that, for power--to be in charge of someone else, or to have one's own tribe, or nation. Recall what Jesus said? "The greatest among you will be your slave" in God's kingdom, the way God is King, greatness is not found in being on top, but on the bottom. Slaves are greater than princes and presidents.

So greatness in the Age to Come will be greatness as God defines greatness. We can start to conform our minds to that here and now, that's the kind of thing Jesus means by storing for ourselves up treasures in heaven rather than treasures on earth. That's what Paul is talking about when he says, "have this same mind in you that was in Christ" who though God did not exploit His Divinity; instead He humbled Himself, poured Himself out, empties Himself, and became a slave for our sake, bearing our sin, shame, and death on the cross. Christ shows us the way: Be lowly, for it is in lowliness that true glory shall be found.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2023
Ljubljana
✟11,875.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hard to say exactly what awaits us in eternity. God is going to establish His Kingdom on planet earth. Personally I want to live where He is and visit elsewhere in the universe at times.

In the book of Job ... it points to there being living beings elsewhere.

When we die we go to the grave (hell) and there are dormant until the first resurrection. .... Bob Ryan explained this in his post, providing scriptural references.

The belief that one goes to a different place (heaven or a burning hell) is not so. We are mortal ... nothing about us is immortal ... until Jesus returns .... THEN ... those in the first resurrection receive eternal life and thereby not subject to the 2nd death (death for eternity) ... God don't have a burning torture place now ... nor in eternity.

Personally I believe we will have access to the entire cosmos. Also, I believe colonization of Mars or any other planet by man won't happen.

God don't play favorites ... whatever awaits will be for all to enjoy.

Not sure what you mean by "reincarnation" .... we will be human with eternal life and no more sin!!!!

Upvote 0