when demonised born again believers get to HEAVEN, then what happens to their demons?

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Things like cancer, arthritis, diabetes, sickness, and self-rejection, stomach issues, and joint pain are NOT demons. They are results of living in a fallen world where sin entered in and corrupted God's perfectly created universe and people (Adam and Eve).

Demonic possession is when a wicked, evil spirit enters into a person and controls them. In the Bible, there are instances where demons were cast out and there are instances where diseases, death, sickness, lameness, etc. were healed. Those are two separate things. Do not confuse the two. If things that fall into the category of physical illnesses were demons, Jesus would have cast them out rather than heal them physically.
They are not two separate things as sometimes - not always - they can be the exact same thing as physical/mental symptoms can have spiritual causes:

Lk 6:17 Then Jesus came down with them and stood on a level place. A large crowd of His disciples was there, along with a great number of people from all over Judea, Jerusalem, and the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon. 18They had come to hear Him and to be healed of their diseases, and those troubled by unclean spirits were healed.

Mark 9:25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” 26And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, “He is dead.” 27But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose

Acts 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who had them, and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed.

Lk 9:42 While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are not two separate things as sometimes - not always - they can be the exact same thing as physical/mental symptoms can have spiritual causes:

Lk 6:17 Then Jesus came down with them and stood on a level place. A large crowd of His disciples was there, along with a great number of people from all over Judea, Jerusalem, and the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon. 18They had come to hear Him and to be healed of their diseases, and those troubled by unclean spirits were healed.

Mark 9:25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” 26And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, “He is dead.” 27But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose

Acts 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who had them, and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed.

Lk 9:42 While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

yes, i agree. they can be. Neil T Anderosn says most of them (sicknesses) are a mixture of both medical, psychological and spiritual

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well we know what will not can not get to heaven.. so if some SIN won't make it in.. no demon ever will. And like others said.. they attach themselfs to believers.

Spirits can use things like fear. So two parents not of God.. fighting.. where the child gets so scared.. the enemy can use that as a door to attack children. :) can GOD go against your free will? Can GOD does GOD make you do say think anything you don't want to? Same for the enemy. See no one controls us. WE must open the door allow them in. But enemy will always lie his way in. As he did with Adam and Eve. They didn't agree to anything yet by that simple lie.. we handed over what was ours to Satan.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well we know what will not can not get to heaven.. so if some SIN won't make it in.. no demon ever will. And like others said.. they attach themselfs to believers.

Spirits can use things like fear. So two parents not of God.. fighting.. where the child gets so scared.. the enemy can use that as a door to attack children. :) can GOD go against your free will? Can GOD does GOD make you do say think anything you don't want to? Same for the enemy. See no one controls us. WE must open the door allow them in. But enemy will always lie his way in. As he did with Adam and Eve. They didn't agree to anything yet by that simple lie.. we handed over what was ours to Satan.

so that means when we die and go to heaven all our sins will also be taken away when we go in?

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This question probably shows that i have too much time on my hands right now but am curious:

When a true born again Christian dies, their spirits go to Heaven (because the spirit man or woman is sealed in Christ and completely redeemed). But let us say that the Christian although they were fit for salvation still struggled with demonic oppression and had not been delivered when they died, where do their demons go?

i know this probably sounds silly but i dont have much of a theological training and am just curious? considering demon oppression can mean anything including sicknesses, night terrors, seeing demons, having a habit they can't shake off eg smoking, lying etc

please note that this os a theologival question not a personal one. when we get to heaven we will be in the joy of the Lord so doubt we will be worried about it. am just asking out of idle curiosity. i guess i need a new hobby or something lol :D
The term "demon" and "unclean spirit" are use synonymously in the NT. For example;
Luke 8:29 For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.)

Luke 9:42 While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

It also appears that unclean spirits have the need to occupy a physical body, whether it be a human or an animal. The unclean spirit who tormented the Gerasene demoniac whose name was legion (for we are many) in the gospel accounts was commanded by Jesus to come out of the man's body and sent into the bodies of the swine. Note that in Mark, it states that the demons begged Jesus to let them enter into the pigs' bodies. Mk 5:12 The demons implored Him, saying, “Send us into the swine so that we may enter them.” 13 Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.
What happened to those demons after the pigs drowned in the sea, we don't know but it is interesting that demons/unclean spirits have a need to attach themselves to a physical body. Given this, when a person who has an unclean spirit is delivered or dies, the demon has to find another body to attach itself to.

• Informative
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

uniqueandsimple

May 22, 2020
Northwestern
✟9,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one knows for sure. Demons cannot possess a Christian, but they can dwell on our physical bodies. My best guess is that they will remain with our bodies (just like physical infections do). You can almost think of them a "spiritual" infections.
I'm reading a book that's pretty interesting and explains that topic a little bit..."The Triumphant Church", by Kenneth Hagin

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This question probably shows that i have too much time on my hands right now but am curious:

When a true born again Christian dies, their spirits go to Heaven (because the spirit man or woman is sealed in Christ and completely redeemed). But let us say that the Christian although they were fit for salvation still struggled with demonic oppression and had not been delivered when they died, where do their demons go?

i know this probably sounds silly but i dont have much of a theological training and am just curious? considering demon oppression can mean anything including sicknesses, night terrors, seeing demons, having a habit they can't shake off eg smoking, lying etc

please note that this os a theologival question not a personal one. when we get to heaven we will be in the joy of the Lord so doubt we will be worried about it. am just asking out of idle curiosity. i guess i need a new hobby or something lol :D

I had a longer post originally, but after my initial posting of it I felt like I wasn't being that helpful by introducing various points of view on various subject matter. As such I've edited this post just to say this:

And, this is really the important part: Trust in the Lord, believe the Gospel. Let the word of His love and mercy which is for all in Christ be on your lips, and in your heart.

Remember that the Lord is the One who says, "Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:20

Do not let the devils trick you into fearing them, the One who is in you makes you more than a conqueror. Satan has been crushed beneath the heel of the victorious and risen Lord Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a longer post originally, but after my initial posting of it I felt like I wasn't being that helpful by introducing various points of view on various subject matter. As such I've edited this post just to say this:

And, this is really the important part: Trust in the Lord, believe the Gospel. Let the word of His love and mercy which is for all in Christ be on your lips, and in your heart.

Remember that the Lord is the One who says, "Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:20

Do not let the devils trick you into fearing them, the One who is in you makes you more than a conqueror. Satan has been crushed beneath the heel of the victorious and risen Lord Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

-CryptoLutheran

Thank you. this comfort my heart so much. I was raised with the belief that if a christian has demons in them when they die they cannot be saved and it has really affected me and caused me anxiety.

• Prayers
Reactions: Cheryl6397
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Born again believers cannot be demon-possessed. The spirit of God resides within them and He doesn't share "His possession" with Satan's clan. :)
The daughter of Abraham (believer) was bound by a demon for 18 years before Christ healed her.

The Gadarene Demoniac worshipped Christ before Jesus cast out 6000 demons into the swine.

All who came to Christ for healing were Believers.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One place to look for an answer is in people's NDE experiences of Heaven and Hell.

many of those are false though. i dont believe in most of threm they portray God as unloving. christians dont go to Hell, that is unBiblical. not born again real christians. these NDSs show good christians in hell for things that arent sin like wearing hewellery or having their hair cut. nowhere are these fobidden in bible. also they say they see christians in hell for defaulting on debts or not paying tithes. unbiblical.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One place to look for an answer is in people's NDE experiences of Heaven and Hell.

people like Peniel Ngonde, Ziporah Mushalah preach dpctrines of demons. they belive in sinless perfection to reach heaven. lies. all lies. Jesus gave us His righteousness and He made us fit for heaven. we live a holy life knowing we asured of Heaven of we keep abiding in Him.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
many of those are false though. i dont believe in most of threm they portray God as unloving. christians dont go to Hell, that is unBiblical. not born again real christians. these NDSs show good christians in hell for things that arent sin like wearing hewellery or having their hair cut. nowhere are these fobidden in bible. also they say they see christians in hell for defaulting on debts or not paying tithes. unbiblical.
Use the Bible and discernment to choose NDEs that are real. Like Ian McCormack and Howard Storm. Dr Raymond Moody wrote a book called Life After Life. The commonalities are seeing a light, going through a tunnel, meeting ancestors, meeting Jesus and being asked, what have you done with your life? What have you done for your fellow man? Do you love me? They often return with a sense of there being a new purpose. Something to be done, and no fear of death. I have never heard even one account of deliverance from demons in the light. I heard of one who saw an angel thrusting a demon away. Maybe the demons are in the body only?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The daughter of Abraham (believer) was bound by a demon for 18 years before Christ healed her.

The Gadarene Demoniac worshipped Christ before Jesus cast out 6000 demons into the swine.

All who came to Christ for healing were Believers.

Hi Dave L,

When the Holy Spirit indwells a person, they cannot be demon-possessed.

The woman's condition in Luke 13 was demonic in nature, however, she was not indwelt by the Holy Spirit. He had not been given yet, since Jesus had not died, risen, and ascended at that point.

The demoniac at the tombs did not worship Jesus prior to his deliverance from a legion of demons. Those demons cried out in subjection to Jesus, as illustrated by their submission to Him as to what He would do with them, now that He was on the scene. There is no worshiping of Jesus transpiring before his deliverance.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dave L,

When the Holy Spirit indwells a person, they cannot be demon-possessed.

The woman's condition in Luke 13 was demonic in nature, however, she was not indwelt by the Holy Spirit. He had not been given yet, since Jesus had not died, risen, and ascended at that point.

The demoniac at the tombs did not worship Jesus prior to his deliverance from a legion of demons. Those demons cried out in subjection to Jesus, as illustrated by their submission to Him as to what He would do with them, now that He was on the scene. There is no worshiping of Jesus transpiring before his deliverance.
All believers have the Holy Spirit. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Demons apparently affect the body and mind, not the born again spirit.

Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All believers have the Holy Spirit. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Demons apparently affect the body and mind, not the born again spirit.

What you are describing is oppression, not possession.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you are describing is oppression, not possession.
The Gadarene demoniac was far from being oppressed. He worshipped Christ before his healing. Plus, faith was present in all healings.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Use the Bible and discernment to choose NDEs that are real. Like Ian McCormack and Howard Storm. Dr Raymond Moody wrote a book called Life After Life. The commonalities are seeing a light, going through a tunnel, meeting ancestors, meeting Jesus and being asked, what have you done with your life? What have you done for your fellow man? Do you love me? They often return with a sense of there being a new purpose. Something to be done, and no fear of death. I have never heard even one account of deliverance from demons in the light. I heard of one who saw an angel thrusting a demon away. Maybe the demons are in the body only?

aah. i do believe Ian McCormack. because that was scriptural= salvation by knowing Jesus alone. i must look into the Life after Life book

Upvote 0