• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured when demonised born again believers get to HEAVEN, then what happens to their demons?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by WrappedUpinHisLove3, May 22, 2020 at 5:31 PM.

1. WrappedUpinHisLove3

WrappedUpinHisLove3 Active Member

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    This question probably shows that i have too much time on my hands right now but am curious:

When a true born again Christian dies, their spirits go to Heaven (because the spirit man or woman is sealed in Christ and completely redeemed). But let us say that the Christian although they were fit for salvation still struggled with demonic oppression and had not been delivered when they died, where do their demons go?

i know this probably sounds silly but i dont have much of a theological training and am just curious? considering demon oppression can mean anything including sicknesses, night terrors, seeing demons, having a habit they can't shake off eg smoking, lying etc

please note that this os a theologival question not a personal one. when we get to heaven we will be in the joy of the Lord so doubt we will be worried about it. am just asking out of idle curiosity. i guess i need a new hobby or something lol :D

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Kris Jordan

Kris Jordan Acts 4:12

+478
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Born again believers cannot be demon-possessed. The spirit of God resides within them and He doesn't share "His possession" with Satan's clan. :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,868
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I suppose if a christian stopped confessing sins, and that black gunk inside the body got so blobby that it covered up the view of God in the eye of the heart, it's possible they might act demonic.

As far as the comings and goings of demons, not sure how I'd explain it if I did know since their range of travel is different than humans ... apparently.

4. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    They cannot be posessed but they can be oppressed eg some sicknesses can be demonic or some addictions etc am not talking about wilfiul sin here but compulsion. i have known christians who have had demons cast out of them and they were very seriosu born again believers. in fact, in the absence of wilful sin, i do not think there is a demon that can only oppress those who are not saved.

5. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    That makes sense. sometimes when people are acting out of their flesh it can look like demons. i have been accused of having several demons and it turned out later they were severe complex trauma caused by abuse and a borderline pd. people with BPD will often be told they have a Jezebel spirit. mind you i did do a self deliverance video by Nelson Schulman and when i said this prayer about an Ahab spirit, something left me. i wasn;t completely healed at that point but something went and i did start to get some inner healing done which helped me a lot and i have kept getting better since

6. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,868
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    The theme kind of reminds me of James 3:11-18 it's a good checklist to see where our thoughts are at, and if we need to pay attention to that part of ourselves.

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+3,551
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    No one knows for sure. Demons cannot possess a Christian, but they can dwell on our physical bodies. My best guess is that they will remain with our bodies (just like physical infections do). You can almost think of them a "spiritual" infections.

8. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    yes

9. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    probably. that makes sense

10. Kris Jordan

Kris Jordan Acts 4:12

+478
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi WrappedUpinHisLove,

Yes, believers can be oppressed, but cannot be possessed by demons. They are the property of Jesus Christ, having been bought with a price. Regardless of how someone may appear (i.e., "a very serious born again believer"), if a demon was cast out of someone like that legitimately, they were not saved.

We have to stand on the Word of God and not our experiences when it comes to these things and beliefs. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 explicitly says believers are the temple of the Holy Spirit, were bought with a price, and are no longer "their own." They are the redeemed. Additionally, they have been declared righteous before God because of the blood of Jesus, having been sanctified, justified, and set apart by Him and for Him. These clear descriptions in the Word leave no room for believers to be possessed and controlled by demons. Oppressed? Yes. Possessed? Absolutely not!

11. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    my sister had a full on conversion to Christ. she is the real deal.... but she had a demon of self rejection cast out of her at a meeting. i am also a real born again believer with big conversion story but had an Ahab demon cast out of me during a self deliverance... also the bible never says demons cant egt in believers....yes the hOLY Spirit comes to indwell us but doe sthat mean a demon cannot??? the holy spirit goes into ALL who receive him..... receiving the holy spirit does not depend on us being good enough. we are clean when we recieve christ. but we can still have cancer, arthritis, diabetes etc these can be demons

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    also i was told by a top deliverance ministr (one of those bigwigs in the US who does exorcisms TB Joshua style stuff) that i have demons in me of stomach issues and joint pains. he said those demons will kill me eventually. but i ben born again and have many fruits of spirit and a changed walk. i changed 180 degrees when i got saved. am i perfect? no! perfection hapens when we get to glory

13. NBB

NBB Well-Known Member Supporter

+726
    Uruguay
    Christian
    Single
    Evil spirits can't enter heaven, so they go away when you die i guess. Since your soul is in Gods hands...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    yeah that makes sense. my church says that our spirit is the bit that is saved when we die and that bit lives forever if we are born again.

15. TLSITD

TLSITD Conservative Christian

+226
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The demons leave their body and/or soul when their body dies. They don't take them to heaven. Demons only occupy physically living "hosts". When their hosts die they have to go elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Radagast

Radagast comes and goes Supporter

+8,035
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Like most non-Pentecostal Protestants, I don't believe that "demonic oppression" exists. Unlike "demonic possession," it is not in the Bible.

Demons can tempt people to commit sin, but if they do, it's their choice to sin. And the Biblical answer for that is repentance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    ah i see . in the BIBLE it mentins children who were demon posessed though. so those demons wer enot influncing them to sin (Biblial age for responsibility is 13). that is what confused me. also the swineherd was not committing sin. he ws just insane.

18. Radagast

Radagast comes and goes Supporter

+8,035
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    No, the Bible does not say that anywhere. Quite the opposite: children can sin.

He was not "oppressed" though, in the sense that people talk about "demonic oppression."

19. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    ok, so what is the difference then? the Bible says that the guy had demons. so that means he was oppressed or posessed or something?

20. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    so what was wrong with the guy that made him act that way? none of hsi acts were sins. sin is breaking the commnadments and none of hsi behaviours were?