When are you too old to run for president?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I personally believe that one should be under 80 years old when inaugurated. I think 75 is a good number to work with.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
The older and sharper the better really. Each year lived is another stripe on the belt - so long as the mind is in a healthy place. There is a balance.

35 is shockingly young in this day and age. You're barely even a third of the way there.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

The minimum age to be president is 35 years old.

Should there be a maximum age?
As I recall, this one was asked earlier.

Nonetheless, it's probably not a good idea to further restrict the people's choice. If they want, for example, to elect someone who's already in dementia such that he has to have his wife be at his side every time he's allowed out in public in order to have someone to keep him from making some catastrophic mistake or getting lost....then that is probably the people's right.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The minimum age to be president is 35 years old.

Should there be a maximum age?
Yes! 60. One of the biggest problems in our country is that older people are in charge. They don’t have skin in the future game and they are often out of touch with modern culture. Their best role is as advisors and mentors. I know this is a pretty controversial thing to say and I will note that I think people over 60 carry a lot of wisdom and have an important role in society.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums