Trump isn't president - why do people still talk about him so much?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice try trying to equate all politicians with Trump."They're all corrupt!"
A desperate attempt to make Trump's corruption. "Normal."
Like comparing a shoplifter to a million dollar embezzled. One of these guys is not like the others.
As for fiscal prudence, he gave trillions away to those who don't need it and exploded the size of our debt.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The last time one suggested that people inject themselves with disinfectant?
Nope , you can't use that one.
Yep. He publicly said it:

(Reuters) - Makers of household cleaners on Friday took the unusual step of urging people not to drink or inject their products, after U.S. President Donald Trump suggested researchers try using them to cure COVID-19 patients.

Reckitt Benckiser <RB.L>, the UK-based maker of Lysol and Dettol, issued the first warning, saying: "Under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)."

Clorox <CLX.N>, maker of bleach, soon followed, calling it critical for consumers to understand the facts.

"Bleach and other disinfectants are not suitable for consumption or injection under any circumstances," it said.

The comments came after Trump said at a Thursday news briefing that scientists should explore whether inserting ultraviolet light or disinfectant into the bodies of people infected with the disease caused by the novel coronavirus would help.

"Is there a way we can do something like that by injection, inside, or almost a cleaning?" he said. "It would be interesting to check that."

The look on a doctors face behind him was priceless.

1701439017575.png

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
iu

The national discussion triggered Reckitt Benckiser, the company that makes disinfectants Lysol and Dettol, to issue a statement on Friday.

“As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection or ingestion or any other route),” the company said.

As sharp warnings from doctors, medical and public health experts poured in, suggesting Americans ignore any advice to ingest disinfectant, the White House said Trump’s nationally broadcast remarks were taken out of context.

“President Trump has repeatedly said that Americans should consult with medical doctors regarding coronavirus treatment, a point that he emphasized again during yesterday’s briefing,” press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said before offering another refrain long rote for the Trump administration.

“Leave it to the media to irresponsibly take President Trump out of context and run with negative headlines,” she added.

Anna Yeung-Cheung, a professor of biology, virology and infectious disease at Manhattanville College in New York, told Courthouse News about her bafflement in hearing Trump’s comments Thursday.

“He’s the president of the United States. I understand he’s not a scientist, but sometimes, I believe, you need to be much more careful in what you’re saying,” she said. “I understand we have freedom of speech, but coming from a leader, it’s not just a joke.”

So jarring were the remarks that a former student called Yeung-Cheung upon seeing the briefing to ask: “What is happening?”

The president has a history of making specious medical claims.

In March, he repeatedly asserted that vaccines for coronavirus would be ready in months.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There must be a vid out there of him actually saying it , so far only pics and words.
Might have to check myself see what i can find.

:32 and following.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Trump was president, it made sense to talk about how good or bad he was at speaking, running the country etc.

Now, Biden is 'president' but when he is critiqued, Trump is brought up as a comparison?

I don't get it!

Help me understand the logic?
Because the consequences of the actions that occurred by him are still occurring and, frankly, because the man just refuses to go away so we are held hostage by having to discuss him and his insanity.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Trump isn't president - why do people still talk about him so much?​

Perhaps it because there's a significant portion of the population (including Trump himself) that are yet to be convinced that he isn't president.

Last edited:
Upvote 0