danaman5

Reason
Sep 6, 2003
Minnesota
✟7,991.00
Faith
Atheist
INTJ here.

As long as I never get a J. People who are strongly J leave me cold. Of course, to them someone who is strongly P drives them batty. I think the J-P distinction is one of the most difficult ones to overcome in terms of developing good inter-personal relations.

I love my type precisely because it is a strong J type and some people hate it. Good old blinding, relentless logic.

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ENFP Idealist

I don't remember my percentages, but they were all below 30%- the test had a hard time placing me. The description kind of fit, but not quite. When it comes to psychology I'm a walking contradiction in a lot of ways.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
danaman5 said:
INTJ here.

I love my type precisely because it is a strong J type and some people hate it. Good old blinding, relentless logic.

One of the things I have noted about this test is that people do usually self-identify with the results and like being who they are. All the Js I've met would be horrified to be Ps. The best workshop I attended on Myers-Briggs focused specifically on learning to communicate across types in the workplace. So if you are iNtuitive, but your boss is Sensory, how can you word a proposal that it makes sense to him/her. We did several different exercises on this line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnEmpiricalAgnostic

Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany
May 25, 2005
South Florida
Visit site
✟18,986.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ENTJ
[size=+1]Extroverted 67%[/size]
[size=+1]Intuitive 62%[/size]
[size=+1]Thinking 1%[/size]
[size=+1]Judging 100%[/size]

(FieldMarshal Rational)

distinctively expressed extrovert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality

Kind of scary looking, but the description seems to jive. :eek:

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
INTJ
Introverted 56
Intuitive 25
Thinking 12
Judging 78

What do you know! U.S. Grant is my favorite soldier. Lends validity to the test in my eyes.

Well, at my time of life I ought to be making some judgments. And since people over five years old generally aren't worth the effort, it is no surprise to me that I'm an introvert.

:D

Upvote 0
T

The Seeker

Some of these questions suck:
"You consider the scientific approach to be the best"

The best approach to what? Stupid question.

Edit to clarify: This test seems to assume that you use the same approach to theoretical and philosophical ideas as you do to interpersonal relationships. I tend to think of the big picture in theoretically and analytically, but I tend to approach human relationships emotionally. Maybe I'm just weird.

Upvote 0