Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Seventh-Day Adventists only; the meaning of Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB

This thread's stated purpose, READ before posting:

My stated goals, is to rescue the perishing, care for the dying, to snatch them in pity from sin and the grave; and so I weep over the erring one, and now must attempt to lift up the fallen, and re-tell them of the true and everlasting Jesus, who is mighty to save. Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

There are those these days denying the [1] eternality of the person/being the Son, and [2] the person/being of the Holy Spirit, teaching that there are only 'two beings' and 'three personalities'.

Such is grevious error, and against the most plainly stated texts within the scripture [the preserved word of God in english, the King James Bible [KJB], aka the common bible or AV] and against the SOP/TOJ and even certain pioneers, such as sister White in her personal materials, James White in his later mature materials, Jospeh Bates, A. T. Jones, and others.

Truth:

"... The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, the eternal Godhead ..." - Ms 45, May 14, 1904, par. 16; May 14, 1904

[Please note, that it does not say "the eternal God", but rather "the eternal Godhead". The word Godhead is used differently than the word God.]

"... There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ. ..." - Ms 21, 1906 (November 1905) par. 11

[please note the difference between merely "three" and "trio" [three working together in one accord, at-one-ment, "chord", etc], proof upon request of the differing definition.]
"... Here is where the work of the Holy Ghost comes in, after your baptism. You are baptized in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. You are raised up out of the water to live henceforth in newness of life—to live a new life. You are born unto God, and you stand under the sanction and the power of the three holiest beings in heaven, who are able to keep you from falling. You are to reveal that you are dead to sin; your life is hid with Christ in God. Hidden “with Christ in God”—wonderful transformation. This is a most precious promise. When I feel oppressed and hardly know how to relate myself toward the work that God has given me to do, I just call upon the three great Worthies, and say: You know I cannot do this work in my own strength. You must work in me, and by me, and through me, sanctifying my tongue, sanctifying my spirit, sanctifying my words, and bringing me into a position where my spirit shall be susceptible to the movings of the Holy Spirit of God upon my mind and character. Ms95-1906 (October 20, 1906) par. 29

And this is the prayer that every one of us may offer. ..." - Ms 95, 1906 (October 20, 1906) par. 29 [there are multiple carbons of the original, this is untampered]

[please note the "three ... beings", not 'two beings', and capital "W" in "three great Worthies", which all of whom are called upon unitedly in a prayer by sister White.]
I have many, many more, all citations upon request, in their orderly years, and in all their known instances and forms, capitals, lowercase, varied forms, etc.

What follows is a lengthy evidence, take your time. It is a resource tool.

2 Timothy 2:24 KJB - And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 KJB - In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 KJB - And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJB - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

Here is the Table of Contents for this post, for fast searching:

The Proverbs 8 KJB contextually

The texts of Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB and the key words

"possessed [me]" - Proverbs 8:22 KJB, H7069

Subsection, “Wisdom” - “She”

Subsection, Whom are the scriptures [KJB] about?

"set up" - Proverbs 8:23 KJB, H5258

"brought forth" - Proverbs 8:24,25 KJB, H2342

"him, as one brought up [with him]" - Proverbs 8:30 KJB, H525

The word “'âmôn” Proverbs 8:30 KJB; H525, comes from H539

"from everlasting" - Proverbs 8:23, H4480, H5769

"or ever" - Proverbs 8:23, H4480, H6924

The real truthful Adventist materials on Proverbs 8:22-31

Just in case you missed it

The Proverbs 8 KJB contextually:

Proverbs 8:1 KJB - Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

Proverbs 8:2 KJB - She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

Proverbs 8:3 KJB - She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

Proverbs 8:4 KJB - Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

Proverbs 8:5 KJB - O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

Proverbs 8:6 KJB - Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

Proverbs 8:7 KJB - For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

Proverbs 8:8 KJB - All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

Proverbs 8:9 KJB - They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

Proverbs 8:10 KJB - Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

Proverbs 8:11 KJB - For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Proverbs 8:12 KJB - I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Proverbs 8:13 KJB - The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 8:14 KJB - Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

Proverbs 8:15 KJB - By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

Proverbs 8:16 KJB - By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

Proverbs 8:17 KJB - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Proverbs 8:18 KJB - Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

Proverbs 8:19 KJB - My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

Proverbs 8:20 KJB - I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

Proverbs 8:21 KJB - That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Proverbs 8:22 KJB - The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 KJB - I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Proverbs 8:24 KJB - When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:25 KJB - Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

Proverbs 8:26 KJB - While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Proverbs 8:27 KJB - When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

Proverbs 8:28 KJB - When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

Proverbs 8:29 KJB - When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

Proverbs 8:30 KJB - Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Proverbs 8:31 KJB - Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Proverbs 8:32 KJB - Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

Proverbs 8:33 KJB - Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 8:34 KJB - Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Proverbs 8:35 KJB - For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Proverbs 8:36 KJB - But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.​

The texts of Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB and the key words:

The texts of Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB are used by those teaching “two beings” and “three personalities”, that the Son of God came into existence in eternity past at some unknown and incalculable [by human means of] time.

Here are those texts again:

Proverbs 8:22 KJB - The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 KJB - I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Proverbs 8:24 KJB - When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:25 KJB - Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

Proverbs 8:26 KJB - While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Proverbs 8:27 KJB - When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

Proverbs 8:28 KJB - When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

Proverbs 8:29 KJB - When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

Proverbs 8:30 KJB - Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Proverbs 8:31 KJB - Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.​

Here are the primary words that are pointed to by those advocating the errors [such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Arians, others and those teaching the “two beings” and “three personalities”], but they all misunderstand them, as they grieve the person/being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit:

"possessed [me]" - Proverbs 8:22 KJB, H7069

קנה ; qânâh

Total KJB Occurrences: 86

buy, 24

Genesis 47:19; Exodus 21:2; Leviticus 22:11, 25:15,44-45 (2); Deuteronomy 28:68; Ruth 4:4-5 (2),8; 2 Samuel 24:21,24; 2 Kings 12:12, 22:6; 1 Chronicles 21:24; 2 Chronicles 34:11; Proverbs 23:23; Jeremiah 32:7-8 (4),25,44; Amos 8:6​

bought, 21

Genesis 33:19, 39:1, 47:20,22-23 (2), 49:30, 50:13; Leviticus 25:28,30,50, 27:24; Deuteronomy 32:6; Joshua 24:32; Ruth 4:9; 2 Samuel 12:3, 24:24; 1 Kings 16:24; Nehemiah 5:16; Isaiah 43:24; Jeremiah 32:9,43​

get, 9

Proverbs 4:5 (2),7 (2), 17:16 (3); Jeremiah 19:1 (2)​

purchased, 5

Genesis 25:10; Exodus 15:16; Ruth 4:10; Psalms 74:2, 78:54​

buyer, 3

Proverbs 20:14; Isaiah 24:2; Ezekiel 7:12​

getteth, 3

Proverbs 15:32, 18:15, 19:8​

got, 3

Ecclesiastes 2:7; Jeremiah 13:2,4​

possessed, 3

Psalms 139:13; Proverbs 8:22; Jeremiah 32:15​

buyest, 2

Leviticus 25:14; Ruth 4:5​

possessor, 2

Genesis 14:19,22​

attain, 1

Proverbs 1:5​

cattle, 1

Zechariah 13:5 (2)​

getting, 1

Proverbs 4:7​

gotten, 1

Genesis 4:1​

jealousy, 1

Ezekiel 8:3​

keep, 1

Zechariah 13:5​

owner, 1

Isaiah 1:3​

possessors, 1

Zechariah 11:5​

recover, 1

Isaiah 11:11​

redeemed, 1

Nehemiah 5:8​

verily, 1

1 Chronicles 21:24​

The subject, “me”, of that which is “possessed” of “the LORD” is “wisdom” [Proverbs 8:1,11,12,14 KJB].

Proverbs 3:19 KJB - The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.​

The text of Proverbs 3:19 KJB, is in perfect parallel with Proverbs 8:22,30 KJB, in that the Father “by Jesus” made all things:

1 Corinthians 8:6 KJB - But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

2 Corinthians 5:8 KJB - And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Ephesians 3:9 KJB - And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

John 1:1 KJB - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 KJB - The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 KJB - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:10 KJB - He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Hebrews 1:1 KJB - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hebrews 1:2 KJB - Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hebrews 1:3 KJB - Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Colossians 1:15 KJB - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 KJB - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 KJB - And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 KJB - And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:19 KJB - For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;​

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB eliminates the meanings/uses of “buy”, “bought”, “get”, “purchased”, “buyer”, “getteth”, “got”, “buyest”, “attain”, “cattle” [property], “getting” [obtain, possess], “gotten” [obtained, received [a birth, Cain from Eve]], “jealousy”, “recover” [buy/purchase back at cost to oneself], “redeemed” [buy/purchase back at cost to oneself], “verily [buy]” [truly purchase at dear sacrificial cost], since the words “in the beginning of his way” [Proverbs 8:22 KJB], “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning” [Proverbs 8:23 KJB], “I was there” [Proverbs 8:27 KJB], “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB], except it be connected to the redemption plan as it is in Christ Jesus, or to the effect that the Father exchanged words with the Son, and the Son believed the Father, or an interchange, exchange of ideas [like as merchandising], the Father sharing His will with the Son, and the Son rejoicing in that will.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “possessed me” carries with it the meanings of “possessor”, “possessors”, which is to intimately know through and through [such as the word “possession” is understood, such that the Holy Ghost/Spirit should possess the whole heart, lest devils occupy/possess it], or to completely occupy or dwell in fully [such as to “possess” the land/earth, and the heart is the like unto the soil], to be LORD or Master of [such as a Father unto a Son], to own [to belong to someone's person], to have all or the whole entirety of something such as the whole mind/heart/spirit, for instance:

Psalms 139:13 KJB - For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Joshua 21:43 KJB - And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

Jeremiah 32:23 - And they came in, and possessed it; but they obeyed not thy voice, neither walked in thy law; they have done nothing of all that thou commandedst them to do: therefore thou hast caused all this evil to come upon them:

John 14:10 KJB - Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 14:11 KJB - Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.​

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “possessed me” carries with it the meanings of “keep” [raise cattle, like as to raise a sheep, like as a Lamb, the Lamb of God in the Father's care], “owner” [one who has a purchased possession, such as a cow or Lamb]. The image then is of a tender compassionate Father caring for His Son, holding the Son in His arms, close to His bosom [as Jesus had done with John], cherishing the relationship as Father to Son:

Genesis 22:8 KJB - And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

John 1:29 KJB - The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 1:36 KJB - And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

1 Peter 1:19 KJB - But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

2 Samuel 12:3 KJB - But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.​

[Side note: Subsection, “Wisdom” - “She”:

In Proverbs 8 KJB, “wisdom”, is given in feminine terminology, “her voice” [vs. 1], “She” [vs. 2,3], “I dwell with prudence” [vs. 12] and before in the previous Proverbs:

Proverbs 8:1 KJB - Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? Psalms 8:1

Proverbs 8:2 KJB - She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

Proverbs 8:32 KJB - She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.​

“She”
dwells with others:

Proverbs 8:12 KJB - I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.​

Looking back into Proverbs Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 we find that “wisdom” is again called “she”, “her” and also called “My sister”, and even “understanding” is called “kinswoman” and “instruction” called “her”, and in other passages like Psalms 85:10-13 KJB we find that “Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed [each other].” - Psalms 85:10 KJB, etc:

Proverbs 1:20 KJB - Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

Proverbs 2:4 KJB - If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as [for] hid treasures;

[see vs 2, “...incline thine ear unto wisdom...”]

Proverbs 3:15 KJB - She [is] more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

[see vs 13, “...findeth wisdom...”]

Proverbs 3:16 KJB - Length of days [is] in her right hand; [and] in her left hand riches and honour.

Proverbs 3:17 KJB - Her ways [are] ways of pleasantness, and all her paths [are] peace.

Proverbs 3:18 KJB - She [is] a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy [is every one] that retaineth her.

Proverbs 4:6 KJB - Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

[see vs 5, “...get wisdom...” and vs 7 “wisdom...get wisdom...”]

Proverbs 4:8 KJB - Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

Proverbs 4:9 KJB - She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Proverbs 7:4 KJB - Say unto wisdom, Thou [art] my sister; and call understanding [thy] kinswoman:​

According to the text of Proverbs 8 KJB itself, God was the one who was creating the Heavens and the Earth, and by the Scriptures themselves, we know that Christ Jesus Himself created all things by command/instruction of the Father [Isaiah 45:12; Psalms 95:5; Job 9:8; Jeremiah 10:12; John 1:3; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:1-3 KJB], for it was by this “wisdom” that the Father is said to create, and this “wisdom” was eternally with the Father, for the “wisdom” [the Son] of God was eternally with Him [the Father]:

Wisdom is as Truth and Love [all of which Jesus is], that is to say, eternal. Such cannot be created, nor come into existence at some point in time. Such is from everlasting to everlasting, unchanging, immutable.

Job 28:12 KJB - But where shall wisdom be found? and where [is] the place of understanding?

Job 28:30 KJB - Whence then cometh wisdom? and where [is] the place of understanding?​

The Father eternally possessed this “wisdom”:

Daniel 2:20 KJB - Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:

Revelation 7:12 KJB - Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.​

Let us look past Proverbs 8 KJB and continue into Proverbs 9 KJB, looking at “wisdom” who hath “maidens”:

Proverbs 9:1 KJB - Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

Proverbs 9:2 KJB - She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

Proverbs 9:3 KJB - She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

Proverbs 9:4 KJB - Whoso [is] simple, let him turn in hither: [as for] him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,​

Jesus Christ Himself, speaks on “wisdom” and “her children”:

Matthew 11:19 KJB - The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Luke 7:35 KJB - But wisdom is justified of all her children.​

The Father is the “of whom” are all things, and it is the Son “by whom” are all things:

Proverbs 3:19 KJB - The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

Psalms 104:24 KJB - O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

Psalms 136:5 KJB - To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

Jeremiah 10:12 KJB - He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

Jeremiah 51:15 KJB - He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

Job 12:9 KJB - Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?

[combined with...]

Job 12:13 KJB - With him [is] wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.

[and yet still...]

Job 12:16 KJB - With him [is] strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver [are] his.​

This does not make the Son of God literally a woman, but illustrates the submissive character of relationship of Son to that of the Father, wherein the Son always honours the Father's will [Exodus 20:12; Malachi 1:6 KJB], and thus is paralleled in 2 Samuel 12:3 KJB with the words, “was unto him as a daughter”, for Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father is “wisdom”:

1 Corinthians 1:24 KJB - But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:30 KJB - But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Luke 11:49 KJB - Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:​

For Luke 11:49 KJB, see also Jeremiah 7:25, 25:4, 26:5, 29:19, 35:15, 44:4 KJB:

Proverbs 3:19 KJB - The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

Psalms 104:24 KJB - O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

Psalms 136:5 KJB - To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Isaiah 45:12 KJB - I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Jeremiah 10:12 KJB - He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

Jeremiah 51:15 KJB - He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

Job 12:9 KJB - Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?

Job 12:12 KJB - With the ancient [is] wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

Job 12:13 KJB - With him [is] wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.

Job 12:16 KJB - With him [is] strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver [are] his.

Colossians 2:1 KJB - For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and [for] them at Laodicea, and [for] as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;

Colossians 2:2 KJB - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Colossians 2:3 KJB - In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.]​

Subsection, Whom are the scriptures [KJB] about?

John 5:39 KJB - Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Luke 24:27 KJB - And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Psalms 40:7 KJB - Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7 KJB - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.​

So, when the Scripture says:

Proverbs 3:13 KJB - Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Jeremiah 29:11 KJB - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:12 KJB - Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

Jeremiah 29:13 KJB - And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:14 KJB - And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.​

King Solomon had Christ Jesus in Him:

1 Kings 3:28 KJB - And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment.​

Other texts, on the Everlasting Gospel, which is Christ Jesus, God manifest in the flesh, and in us:

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJB - For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 2:7 KJB - But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Ephesians 3:10 KJB - To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

1 Timothy 3:16 KJB - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Colossians 1:27 KJB - To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Revelation 10:7 KJB - But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.​

As it is written:

“... The central theme of the Bible, the theme about which every other in the whole book clusters, is the redemption plan, the restoration in the human soul of the image of God. From the first intimation of hope in the sentence pronounced in Eden to that last glorious promise of the Revelation, “They shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads” (Revelation 22:4), the burden of every book and every passage of the Bible is the unfolding of this wondrous theme,—man’s uplifting,—the power of God, “which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57. ...” - Education, p. 125-126 - Education, Page 125 -- Ellen G. White Writings

What does it mean “to know Wisdom”:

Proverbs 1:2 KJB - To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

John 17:3 KJB - And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Proverbs 1:3 KJB - To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

Luke 20:1 KJB - And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders,

Psalms 86:11 KJB - Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

John 8:2 KJB - And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

Isaiah 28:9 KJB - Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:6 KJB - For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him.

Micah 4:2 KJB - And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

John 6:45 KJB - It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 KJB - But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Psalm 34:8 KJB - O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him.

Psalm 34:9 KJB - O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for [there is] no want to them that fear him.

Psalm 34:10 KJB - The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing].

Psalm 34:11 KJB - Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Psalm 34:12 KJB - What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good?

Psalm 34:13 KJB - Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Psalm 34:14 KJB - Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Psalm 34:15 KJB - The eyes of the LORD [are] upon the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their cry.​

What is the Fear of the LORD?

Job 28:28 KJB - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Acts 10:35 KJB - But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Revelation 14:7 KJB - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Revelation 15:4 KJB - Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Revelation 19:5 KJB - And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

Job 13:11 KJB - Shall not his excellency make you afraid? and his dread fall upon you?

Psalms 25:12 KJB - What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

Psalms 111:10 KJB - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalms 112:1 KJB - Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

Psalms 128:1 KJB - [[A Song of degrees.]] Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.

Proverbs 1:7 KJB - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 8:13 KJB - The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 14:2 KJB - He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.

Proverbs 14:27 KJB - The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Proverbs 15:33 KJB - The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Ecclesiastes 8:12 KJB - Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:

Ecclesiastes 8:13 KJB - But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 KJB - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Isaiah 50:10 KJB -Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

Jeremiah 5:24 KJB - Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

Jeremiah 32:39 KJB - And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

Jeremiah 32:40 KJB - And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Malachi 1:6 KJB - A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

Malachi 2:5 KJB - My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.

Malachi 4:2 KJB - But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Luke 1:50 KJB - And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Luke 23:40 KJB - But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

2 Corinthians 7:1 KJB - Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2 Corinthians 7:11 KJB - For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

2 Corinthians 7:15 KJB - And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

Hebrews 11:7 KJB - By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 12:28 KJB - Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Luke 12:5 KJB - But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Deuteronomy 4:10 KJB - Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

Deuteronomy 5:29 KJB - O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Deuteronomy 6:2 KJB - That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.

Deuteronomy 6:13 KJB - Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Deuteronomy 6:24 KJB - And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Deuteronomy 8:6 KJB - Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

Deuteronomy 10:12 KJB - And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Deuteronomy 17:19 KJB - And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Deuteronomy 28:58 KJB - If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;

Job 1:8 KJB - And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Job 1:9 KJB - Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Job 2:3 KJB - And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Job 28:28 KJB - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Psalms 19:9 KJB - The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

Psalms 25:19 KJB - The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Psalms 33:8 KJB - Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

Psalms 33:18 KJB - Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

Psalms 134:11 KJB - Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Psalms 60:4 KJB - Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.

Psalms 85:9 KJB - Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.

Psalms 119:63 KJB - I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.

Psalms 147:11 KJB - The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Proverbs 24:21 KJB - My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:​

What does it mean to “despise Wisdom”:

Proverbs 1:7 KJB - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Psalms 14:1 KJB - [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalms 53:1 KJB - [[To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David.]] The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 30:9 KJB - Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Isaiah 53:3 KJB - He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Psalms 22:6 KJB - But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

Proverbs 1:20 KJB - They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Isaiah 5:24 KJB - Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.​

The Precious Jewelry of God:

Proverbs 1:8 KJB - My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

Proverbs 1:9 KJB - For they [shall be] an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

Proverbs 4:9 KJB - She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Proverbs 25:12 KJB - As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.

1 Peter 3:4 KJB - But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Isaiah 49:18 KJB - Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

Ezekiel 7:20 KJB - As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations and of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.​

Seek the LORD/Wisdom while He may be found:

Proverbs 1:28 KJB - Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Proverbs 8:17 KJB - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Isaiah 45:19 KJB - I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

Isaiah 51:1 KJB - Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.

Isaiah 55:6 KJB - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isaiah 58:2 KJB - Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Jeremiah 29:13 KJB - And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Amos 5:4 KJB - For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:

Malachi 3:1 KJB - Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 7:34 KJB - Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

John 7:36 KJB - What manner of saying is this that he said, Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come?

John 8:21 KJB - Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

John 12:35 KJB - Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

John 13:33 KJB - Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

John 18:8 KJB - Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:​

There are some that sought to kill Him who is Wisdom, they despised Knowledge and Instruction, hateful of Prudence:

John 8:37 KJB - I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

John 8:40 KJB - But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.​

Wisdom in the Heart, Christ in you the Hope of Glory:

Proverbs 2:9 KJB - When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;

Colossians 1:27 KJB - To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:​

Again, Happy is the man that finds Christ:

Proverbs 3:13 KJB - Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.​

As it is written:

“... Those who think of the result of hastening or hindering the gospel think of it in relation to themselves and to the world. Few think of its relation to God. Few give thought to the suffering that sin has caused our Creator. All heaven suffered in Christ’s agony; but that suffering did not begin or end with His manifestation in humanity. The cross is a revelation to our dull senses of the pain that, from its very inception, sin has brought to the heart of God. Every departure from the right, every deed of cruelty, every failure of humanity to reach His ideal, brings grief to Him. When there came upon Israel the calamities that were the sure result of separation from God,—subjugation by their enemies, cruelty, and death,—it is said that “His soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.” “In all their affliction He was afflicted: ... and He bare them, and carried them all the days of old.” Judges 10:16; Isaiah 63:9. ...” - Education, p. 263.1 - Education, Page 263 -- Ellen G. White Writings

“... The officers who were sent to take Jesus reported that never man spake like this man. But the reason of this was that never man lived like this man; for if he had not so lived, he could not so have spoken. His words bore with them a convincing power, because they came from a heart pure and holy, full of love and sympathy, beneficence and truth. There is eloquence beyond that of words, in the quiet, consistent life of a pure, true Christian. We shall have temptations as long as we are in this world, but instead of injuring us, they will only turn to our advantage, if resisted. The bounds are placed where Satan cannot pass. He may prepare the furnace, but instead of working injury, it will only consume the dross, and bring forth the gold of the character, purer than before the trial. ...” - Gospel Workers 1892, Page 244 - http://text.egwwritings.org/publication.php?pubtype=Book&bookCode=GW92&lang=en&collection=2&section=all&pagenumber=244

"set up" - Proverbs 8:23 KJB, H5258

נסך ; nâsak

Total KJB Occurrences: 26

poured, 10

Genesis 35:14; Numbers 28:7; 2 Samuel 23:16; 2 Kings 16:13; 1 Chronicles 11:18; Isaiah 29:10; Jeremiah 19:13, 32:29, 44:19; Ezekiel 20:28​

pour, 6

Exodus 30:9; Jeremiah 7:18, 44:17-19 (3),25​

cover, 4

Exodus 25:29, 37:16; Numbers 4:7; Isaiah 30:1​

offer, 2

Hosea 9:4 (2)​

set, 2

Psalms 2:6, Pro 8:23​

melteth, 1

Isaiah 40:19​

molten, 1

Isaiah 44:10​

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB eliminates the meanings/uses of “molten” [to form], “melteth”, “offer” [as a sacrifice, or to pour out as in offering], “cover” [to place over], “pour” [out as in offering], “poured” [a drink offering, in anointing an object, etc.], except it be in the meaning of 'poured out upon', as in “anointed” [of the Holy Ghost/Spirit] from everlasting, as the Son of God is indeed, the “Christ” even before He is born [Matthew 2:4; Luke 2:11,26 KJB] and/or in the meaning of being the one chosen [and chose] to be “offer[ed]” in sacrifice from before all things were made; a life to be “poured out” as a gift for the redemption, for sin should it arise.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “set up” carries with it the meanings of “set”, but also dealing with the “anointed” heir and King:

Psalms 2:2 KJB - The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Psalms 2:6 KJB - Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psalms 2:7 KJB - I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psalms 2:8 KJB - Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Psalms 2:12 KJB - Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.​

"brought forth" - Proverbs 8:24,25 KJB, H2342

חיל / חוּל ; chûl / chı̂yl

Total KJB Occurrences: 68

pain, 6

Isaiah 13:8, 26:17-18 (2); Jeremiah 30:23; Ezekiel 30:16; Micah 4:10​

formed, 5

Deuteronomy 32:18; Job 26:5,13; Psalms 90:2; Proverbs 26:10​

forth, 4

Proverbs 8:24-25 (2); Isaiah 45:10, 66:8​

brought, 3

Proverbs 8:24-25 (2); Isaiah 45:10​

pained, 3

Joel 2:4-6 (3)​

calve, 2

Job 39:1; Psalms 29:9​

fall, 2

Jeremiah 23:19, 30:23​

fear, 2

1 Chronicles 16:30; Psalms 96:9​

grieved, 2

Esther 4:4; Jeremiah 5:3​

grievous, 2

Psalms 10:5; Jeremiah 23:19​

shaketh, 2

Psalms 29:8 (2)​

stayed, 2

Genesis 8:10; Lamentations 4:6​

travail, 2

Isaiah 23:4, 54:1​

travailed, 2

Isaiah 66:7-8 (2)​

tremble, 2

Psalms 114:7; Jeremiah 5:22​

trembled, 2

Psalms 97:4; Habakkuk 3:10​

wounded, 2

1 Chronicles 10:3 (2)​

abide, 1

Hosea 11:6​

afraid, 1

Psalms 77:16​

anguish, 1

Deuteronomy 2:25​

bare, 1

Isaiah 51:2​

bring, 1

Isaiah 66:8​

dance, 1

Judges 21:21​

danced, 1

Judges 21:23​

driveth, 1

Proverbs 25:23 (2)​

great, 1

Ezekiel 30:16​

grievously, 1

Jeremiah 23:19​

hope, 1

Lamentations 3:26​

look, 1

Job 20:21​

made, 1

Job 15:7​

patiently, 1

Psalms 37:7 (2)​

rest, 1

2 Samuel 3:29​

shapen, 1

Psalms 51:5​

sorrow, 1

Jeremiah 51:29​

sorrowful, 1

Zechariah 9:5​

tarried, 1

Judges 3:25​

travaileth, 1

Job 15:20​

trust, 1

Job 35:14​

wait, 1

Psalms 37:7​

waited, 1

Micah 1:12​

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB eliminates the meanings/uses of “pain”, “painful”, “pained”, “sorrow”, “grievous”, “grievously”, “grieved”, “fall [grievously]”, “great [pain]”, “anguish”, “afraid [troubled]”, “fear”, “wounded”, “tremble”, “trembled”, “shaketh”, “driveth”, “wounded” since the words “rejoicing always before him” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB], “Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.” [Proverbs 8:31 KJB] are associated, which would go with the meanings of “dance” and “danced”. The only way the other meanings may be included within the contextual definition, is in reference to the Son's Godly awesome reverential wonder at the beautiful and marvelous will of His eternal Father, and in the plan of redemption which included the cross. For instance, see “The fear of the LORD” - Proverbs 8:13 KJB.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB also eliminates the meanings of 'giving birth' to, as meaning in coming into existence/world at some point in time, such as “travail”, “travailed”, “driveth” [as to push forward], “shapen”, “made”, “bring forth”, “brought [forth]”, “bare”, “calve”, “formed” since the words “The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way” [Proverbs 8:22 KJB], “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning” [Proverbs 8:23 KJB], “I was there” [Proverbs 8:27 KJB] and “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB]. The context declares that the Son had ever been with the Father from eternity, ever “with” Him. The only way the other meanings may be included within the contextual definition, is in reference to the Son's being born/made of a woman, taking upon Himself the flesh nature of mankind, and entering into the world through the miracle of “the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh” [1 Timothy 3:16 KJB].

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “brought forth” carries with it the meanings of “stayed” [waited patiently or attended to another, as in 'waiting upon', or ever at the ready, ever at the right hand to obey, called upon to attend], “abide”, “hope” [quietly wait upon/for], “look” [towards, up to], “patiently”, “rest”, “tarried”, “trust”, “wait”, “waited”, since the words “When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:” [Proverbs 8:27 KJB], “When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:” [Proverbs 8:28 KJB], “When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:” [Proverbs 8:29 KJB], “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB; see also Psalms 40:8 KJB]. Thus when the eternal Father called for the eternal Son, the Son who ever waited upon the will of His Father, said, 'Yes, Father, here am I.' and thus the Son was brought to accomplish the Father's decrees:

Genesis 1:1 KJB - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:2 KJB - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:3 KJB - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 1:6 KJB - And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:7 KJB - And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Genesis 1:26 KJB - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27 KJB - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

John 1:1 KJB - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 KJB - The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 KJB - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:10 KJB - He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1 John 1:1 KJB - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1 John 1:2 KJB - (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1 John 1:3 KJB - That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1 KJB - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hebrews 1:2 KJB - Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hebrews 1:3 KJB - Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Colossians 1:15 KJB - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 KJB - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 KJB - And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 KJB - And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:19 KJB - For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

1 Corinthians 8:6 KJB - But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

"him, as one brought up [with him]" - Proverbs 8:30 KJB, H525

אָמוֹן ; 'âmôn

Total KJB occurrences: 1

him, as one brought up [with him], 1

Proverbs 8:30​

The Son was eternally the “fellow” [associate, companion, neighbour, etc] of the Father, for notice that it does not say that the Son became the fellow at any time past, but simply says, “the man, my fellow”:

Zechariah 13:7 KJB - Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.​

The Son is the eternal “help meet”, the “right hand of” [thus ever at His right hand] of the Father. The Son is the ever “faithful” one, the ever “obedient” one to His eternal Father, ever honouring His eternal Father's requests and commands, always “delight[ing]” [Proverbs 8:30; Psalms 40:8 KJB] in doing His will. Ever “rejoicing” in the will of His eternal Father. The Son eternally and ever “believes” the word of His eternal Father, and there is no doubt in the Son about the Father. When the eternal Father says, “My Son.” The Son says, “Here am I, my Father.” Most precious. Think of this eternal relationship. Pray right now. Doesn't your own hurt burn within you to be as the Son? See below:

Psalms 40:7 KJB - Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Psalms 40:8 KJB - I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Hebrews 10:7 KJB - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Hebrews 10:8 KJB - Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Hebrews 10:9 KJB - Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.​

The word “'âmônProverbs 8:30 KJB; H525, comes from H539,

אמן ; 'âman

Total KJB Occurrences: 110

believed, 21

Genesis 15:6, 45:26; Exodus 14:31 (2); Numbers 20:12; Deuteronomy 9:23; 1 Samuel 27:12; 1 Kings 10:7; 2 Chronicles 9:6; Job 29:24; Psalms 27:13, 78:22,32, 106:12,24, 116:10, 119:66; Isaiah 53:1; Jeremiah 40:14; Lamentations 4:12; Jonah 3:5​

faithful, 20

Numbers 12:7; Deuteronomy 7:9; 1 Samuel 2:35, 22:14; 2 Samuel 20:19; Nehemiah 9:8, 13:13; Psalms 12:1, 31:23, 89:37, 101:6; Proverbs 25:13 (2), 27:6; Isaiah 1:21,26, 8:2, 49:7; Jeremiah 42:5; Hosea 11:12​

believe, 19

Exodus 4:1,5, 19:8-9 (4); Numbers 14:11; Deuteronomy 1:32; 2 Kings 17:14; 2 Chronicles 20:20 (2), 32:15; Job 9:16, 39:12; Proverbs 26:25; Isaiah 43:9-10 (2); Jeremiah 12:6; Habakkuk 1:5​

sure, 11

1 Samuel 2:35, 25:28; 1 Kings 11:38; Job 24:22; Psalms 19:7, 93:5, 111:7; Isaiah 22:23,25, 33:16, 55:3​

established, 7

1 Samuel 3:20; 2 Samuel 7:16; 1 Chronicles 17:23-24 (2); 2 Chronicles 1:9, 20:20; Isaiah 7:9​

brought, 5

2 Kings 10:1; Esther 2:7,20; Proverbs 8:30; Lamentations 4:5​

believeth, 4

Job 15:22, 39:24; Isaiah 28:15-16 (2)​

trust, 4

Job 4:18, 15:15,31; Micah 7:5​

verified, 3

Genesis 42:20; 1 Kings 8:26; 2 Chronicles 6:17​

continuance, 2

Deuteronomy 28:59 (2)​

nurse, 2

Ruth 4:16; 2 Samuel 4:4​

nursing, 2

Numbers 11:12; Isaiah 49:23​

stedfast, 2

Psalms 78:8,37​

assurance, 1

Deuteronomy 28:66​

bringers, 1

2 Kings 10:5​

fail, 1

Jeremiah 15:18​

nursed, 1

Isaiah 60:4​

stand, 1

Psalms 89:28​

surely, 1

Hosea 5:9​

trusted, 1

Judges 11:20​

trusty, 1

Job 12:20 (2)​

and is related to H542:

אמן ; 'âmân

Total KJB Occurrences: 2

cunning, 1

Song of Songs 7:1​

workman, 1

Song of Songs 7:1 (2)​

and is related to H541:

אמן ; 'âman

Total KJB Occurrences: 1

right, 1

Isaiah 30:21​

and is related to H540:

אמן (Aramaic) ; 'ăman

Total KJB Occurrences: 2

believed, 1

Daniel 6:23​

faithful, 1

Daniel 6:4​

"from everlasting" - Proverbs 8:23, H4480, H5769

from”

מנּי / מנּי / מן ; min / minnı̂y / minnêy

Total KJB Occurrences: 79

everlasting”

עלם / עולם ; ôlâm

Total KJB Occurrences: 438

"or ever" - Proverbs 8:23, H4480, H6924

or”

מנּי / מנּי / מן ; min / minnı̂y / minnêy

Total KJB Occurrences: 79

ever”

קדמה / קדם ; qedem / qêdmâh

Total KJB Occurrences: 99

See parallels in:

Deuteronomy 33:27 KJB - The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Habakkuk 1:12 KJB - Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

Micah 5:2 KJB - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.​

The real truthful Adventist materials on Proverbs 8:22-31:

"... The world was made by him, "and without him was not anything made that was made." If Christ made all things, he existed before all things. The words spoken in regard to this are so decisive that no one need be left in doubt. Christ was God essentially, and in the highest sense. He was with God from all eternity, God over all, blessed forevermore. {RH, April 5, 1906 par. 6}

The Lord Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, existed from eternity, a distinct person, yet one with the Father. He was the surpassing glory of heaven. He was the commander of the heavenly intelligences, and the adoring homage of the angels was received by him as his right. This was no robbery of God. "The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way," he declares, "before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth; while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth." {RH, April 5, 1906 par. 7}

There are light and glory in the truth that Christ was one with the Father before the foundation of the world was laid. This is the light shining in a dark place, making it resplendent with divine, original glory. This truth, infinitely mysterious in itself, explains other mysterious and otherwise unexplainable truths, while it is enshrined in light, unapproachable and incomprehensible. {RH, April 5, 1906 par. 8}

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." "The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up." Here the pre-existence of Christ and the purpose of his manifestation to our world are presented as living beams of light from the eternal throne. "Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the Judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek. But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." "We preach Christ crucified," declares Paul, "unto the Jews a stumbling-block, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." {RH, April 5, 1906 par. 9} …" - The Review and Herald April 5, 1906 paragraphs 6-9 (Ellen G. White)

See also:

The Faith I Live By, p. 46.5

The Truth About Angels, p. 23.3

Selected Messages Book 1, p. 247.4

Lift Him Up, p. 16.4

That I May Know Him, p. 11.4

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 5 (EGW), p. 1126.5

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 7A (EGW), p. 440.3

“... “Then said the Jews unto Him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?” “Verily, verily, I say unto you,” Jesus answered, “Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.” Their eyes were blinded that they might not see Him. ST August 29, 1900, par. 12

“Before Abraham was, I am.” Christ is the pre-existent, self-existent Son of God. The message He gave to Moses to give to the children of Israel was, “Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” The prophet Micah writes of Him, “But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, tho thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of Thee shall He come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” ST August 29, 1900, par. 13

Through Solomon Christ declared: “The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth.... When He gave to the sea His decree, that the waters should not pass His commandment; when He appointed the foundations of the earth; then I was by Him, as one brought up with Him; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him.” ST August 29, 1900, par. 14

In speaking of His pre-existence, Christ carries the mind back through dateless ages. He assures us that there never was a time when He was not in close fellowship with the eternal God. He to whose voice the Jews were then listening had been with God as one brought up with Him. ST August 29, 1900, par. 15 ...” - The Signs of the Times August 29, 1900 paragraph 14 (Ellen G. White)

See also:

The Truth About Angels, p. 23.4

Lift Him Up, p. 17.6

“... Study carefully the first chapter in Patriarchs and Prophets. From this chapter, I quote: Lt256-1906 (August 1, 1906) par. 7

The Sovereign of the universe was not alone in His work of beneficence. He had an associate—a co-worker who could appreciate His purposes, and could share His joy in giving happiness to created beings. ‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.’ Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Fatherone in nature, in character, in purpose, the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. ‘His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.’ His ‘goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.’ And the Son of God declares concerning Himself: ‘The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before the works of old. I was set up from everlasting. When He appointed the foundations of the earth, then was I with Him, as one brought up with Him; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him.’ Lt256-1906 (August 1, 1906) par. 8

“The Father wrought by His Son in the creation of all heavenly beings. ‘By Him were all things created, ... whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him, and for Him.’ Angels are God’s ministers, radiant with the light ever flowing from His presence, and speeding on rapid wing to execute His will. But the Son, the anointed of God, the ‘express image of His person,’ ‘the brightness of His glory,’ ‘upholding all things by the word of His power,’ holds supremacy over them all. ‘A glorious high throne from the beginning,’ was the place of His sanctuary; ‘a scepter of righteousness,’ the scepter of His kingdom. ‘Honor and majesty are before Him. Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.’ Mercy and truth go before His face. ... Lt256-1906 (August 1, 1906) par. 9

“So long as all created beings acknowledged the allegiance of love, there was perfect harmony throughout the universe of God.” But “there was one who perverted the freedom that God had granted to His creatures. Sin originated with him, who, next to Christ, had been honored of God, and was highest in power and glory among the inhabitants of heaven. Lucifer, ‘son of the morning,’ was first of ‘the covering cherubs, holy and undefiled.’ He it was who by transgression became Satan, ‘the adversary’ of God and holy beings, and the destroyer of those whom heaven had committed to his guidance and guardianship.” Lt256-1906 (August 1, 1906) par. 10 ...” - Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 34.1 (Ellen G. White)

See also:

Lift Him Up, p. 50.4

Christ Triumphant, p. 7.4

From Eternity Past, p. 9.2

Lt 256, 1906 (August 1, 1906) par. 8

“... “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” What is John’s testimony regarding Christ? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” Ms37-1898 (March 10, 1898) par. 1

What is Christ’s testimony regarding Himself? “Before Abraham was, I am.” “I and my Father are one. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth whom he will, even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son, that all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father.” Ms37-1898 (March 10, 1898) par. 2 ...

… Christ was an instructor, but in a simple and unassuming manner. Yet no one, looking upon the childlike countenance, shining with animation, could say He was just like other children. He was God in human flesh. And when urged by His companions to do a wrong action, His divinity flashed through humanity, and He spoke decidedly. In a moment He distinguished between right and wrong, and placed wrong actions in the light of God’s commandments, holding up the law as a mirror which reflected its light upon the wrong. It was this keen discrimination between right and wrong that often provoked Christ’s brothers. Yet His presence, the sorrow expressed in His countenance, His appeals and entreaties, revealed such a tender, earnest love for them, that they were ashamed that they had tempted Him to deviate from His strict sense of justice and nobility. Ms37-1898 (March 10, 1898) par. 11

Who by searching can find out God?” Nearly two thousand years ago a voice of strange and mysterious import was heard from the throne of God; “Sacrifice and offering thou wouldst not, but a body hast thou prepared me.” “Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God; yea, thy law is within my heart.” Ms37-1898 (March 10, 1898) par. 12

Who is this that was to come to our world and become incarnate? The only begotten Son of God. “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same, that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death.” “The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old,” Christ says. “When he gave to the sea his decree that the waters should not pass his commandment: when He appointed the foundations of the earth: Then was I by Him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.” But Christ humbled Himself to come to this earth. This was the hiding of His glory. Ms37-1898 (March 10, 1898) par. 13 ...” - Ms 37, 1898 (March 10, 1898) par, 1-2, 11-13

Take notice of what sister White states in regards Proverbs 8:

[01] Jesus existed before all things,

[02] Christ was God essentially, and in the highest sense,

[03] He was with God [the person/being of the Father] from all eternity,

[04] God [the person/being of the Son] over all, blessed forevermore,

[05] I [the person/being of the Son] was set up from everlasting,

[06] I [the person/being of the Son] was there [that is with the person/being of the Father],

[07] in the truth that Christ was one with the Father before the foundation of the world was laid,

[08] This truth, infinitely mysterious in itself, explains other mysterious and otherwise unexplainable truths, while it is enshrined in light, unapproachable and incomprehensible

[09] [the person/being of the Son] even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [the person/being of the Son] are God [not the person/being of the Father or the person/being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit]

[10] the pre-existence of Christ [shines from] the eternal throne

[11] [the person/being of the Son] ruler … whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting

[12] Christ is the power of God, and the wisdom of God

[13] Jesus [is the] “I AM” [the eternal] that spake unto Moses, He is not the 'I came to be'.

[14] Christ is the pre-existent, self-existent Son of God

[15] In speaking of His pre-existence, Christ carries the mind back through dateless ages.

[16] He [the person/being of the Son] assures us that there never was a time when He was not in close fellowship with the eternal God [the person/being of the Father]

[17] The Son was “rejoicing always” before the Father

[18] The Sovereign of the universe was not alone in His work of beneficence. He had an associate—a co-worker who could appreciate His purposes, and could share His joy in giving happiness to created beings.​

The person/being of the Son was always, eternally, the “wisdom of God [the person/being of the Father]”. There is never a time that the “wisdom of God” could not be in eternity past.​

Just in case you missed it:

The Son of the Father is “His eternal Son” and is thus ever without beginning or ending, in any way, in His Deity, though Jesus did at a point in eternity take upon himself the [fallen sinful] human flesh [now glorified and immortal] and had a beginning as the second/last Adam, and even a dying therein [with a resurrection and ascension of course!; see Philippians 2:1-11 KJB].

“... Strong is the strength which God supplies Through His eternal Son. ...” - The Signs of the Times January 4, 1883 paragraph 17

See also:

Manuscript Releases, vol. 9 [Nos. 664-770], p. 288.3

Manuscript Releases, vol. 12 [Nos. 921-999], p. 303

Mind, Character, and Personality, vol. 2, p. 513.3

Lt 16, 1896 (November 17, 1896) par. 6

There is an “eternal covenant” between the Father and the Son, witnessed by the Holy Ghost/Spirit, and since there was “never a time when God was not”, then He must always have been the “Father” in covenant relation with His “Son”:

“... Let those who are oppressed under a sense of sin remember that there is hope for them. The salvation of the human race has ever been the object of the councils of heaven. The covenant of mercy was made before the foundation of the world. It has existed from all eternity, and is called the everlasting covenant. So surely as there never was a time when God was not, so surely there never was a moment when it was not the delight of the eternal mind to manifest His grace to humanity. ...” - The Signs of the Times June 12, 1901 paragraph 7 (Ellen G. White)

See also:

God's Amazing Grace, p. 130.2

The Faith I Live By, p. 76.4

Our Father Cares, p. 68.1

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 7 (EGW), p. 934.25

“... Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the covenant was made that all who were obedient, all who should through the abundant grace provided become holy in character, and without blame before God, by appropriating that grace, should be children of God. This covenant, made from eternity, was given to Abraham nineteen hundred years before Christ came. ...” - Ms 9, 1896 (March 23, 1896) par. 19

See also:

Special Testimonies On Education, p. 178.1

Fundamentals of Christian Education, p. 403.1

God's Amazing Grace, p. 141.2

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 6 (EGW), p. 1114.6

“... No one of the angels could become a substitute and surety for the human race, for their life is God’s; they could not surrender it. On Christ alone the human family depended for their existence. He is the eternal, self-existent Son, on whom no yoke had come. When God asked, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Christ alone of the angelic host could reply, “Here am I; send Me.” He alone had covenanted before the foundation of the world to become a surety for man. He could say that which not the highest angel could say—“I have power over my own life. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.” ...” - Ms 101, 1897 (September 26, 1897) par. 28

See also:

Manuscript Releases, vol. 12 [Nos. 921-999], p. 395.3

“... From all eternity Christ was united with the Father, and when He took upon Himself human nature, He was still one with God. ...” - Ms 22, 1905 (March 7, 1904) par. 13

See also:

Selected Messages Book 1, p. 228.4

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 5 (EGW), p. 1115.1

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 7A (EGW), p. 440.6

The Signs of the Times August 2, 1905 paragraph 9

“... But while God's Word speaks of the humanity of Christ when upon this earth, it also speaks decidedly regarding His pre-existence. The Word existed as a divine being, even as the eternal Son of God, in union and oneness with His Father. From everlasting He was the Mediator of the covenant, the one in whom all nations of the earth, both Jews and Gentiles, if they accepted Him, were to be blessed. “The Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1). Before men or angels were created, the Word was with God, and was God. ...” - The Review and Herald April 5, 1906 paragraph 5 (Ellen G. White)

See also:

Selected Messages Book 1, p. 247.2

Lift Him Up, p. 16.2

Lift Him Up, p. 74.5

Evangelism, p. 615.4

SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 7A (EGW), p. 441.2

The Fruitage of Spiritual Gifts, p. 202.1 (Lewis H. Christian)

“... The covenant of grace is not a new truth, for it existed in the mind of God from all eternity. This is why it is called the everlasting covenant. ...” - The Signs of the Times August 24, 1891 paragraph 10 (Ellen G. White)

See also:

The Faith I Live By, p. 77.5

W. W. Prescott later wrote:

“... “The writers of the New Testament believed that in the human body of Jesus of Nazareth lived one who existed from eternity as a person distinct from the Father yet in closest relation to him, the eternal Son of God. This implies that at the birth of Jesus the eternal Son, already the creator of man, entered into a new and very intimate relation to our race.” ...” - The Doctrine of Christ, p. 44.4 (William W. Prescott)

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I actually tried to read through this one and was lost within the first quarter of it. The author bounces around so much with tangential evidences that I could not follow it and gave up. Not that there are many Adventists that come on this subforum but I would like to know who was able to make it through the OP?

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I actually tried to read through this one and was lost within the first quarter of it. The author bounces around so much with tangential evidences that I could not follow it and gave up. Not that there are many Adventists that come on this subforum but I would like to know who was able to make it through the OP?
Ya gotta be a deep thinker, that's for sure. Sister White herself talked about these things. Look up the phrase "dig deep" therein. Thank you for promoting this thread.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
For those not desirous of lengthy and meticulous study, here is the summary of the Key words and ideas:

Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB and elsewhere, speaks about "wisdom". This "wisdom" is the Son of God the Father as attested by local and global scriptural [KJB] context [ie, see 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJB], and many others in history, as cited in the main.

Some have taken the passage, and keywords therein, and have come to the erroneous conclusion that the Son of God is a created being [such are the WTS/JW, Arians, etc], or at the very least if not 'created', was brought into being by the Father by some unknown process [these persons speculatively vary about the manner], at some unspecified point in eternity past.

The words that are focused upon in Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB, are the words:

[1] "possessed [me]",

[2] "set up",

[3] "brought forth" [x2] and

[4] "him, as one brought up [with him]":​

The definitions of these words, in their immediate context eliminates any idea of the Son of God the Father being "created" or having come into existence at some point in eternity past, but teach that the Son of God the Father, was always and eternally with the Father, and never at any point in eternity past not in existence as the Son, and in the act of creation, as seen in Genesis 1, which Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB relates, it was by the instrumentatlity of the person of the Son, who was with the Father, that the person of the Father created the Heaven and the earth and the things thereof, for the Father spake in Genesis to the Son, and the Son made, and the person of Holy Ghost/Spirit moved in response to this:

"possessed [me]":

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB eliminates the meanings/uses of “buy”, “bought”, “get”, “purchased”, “buyer”, “getteth”, “got”, “buyest”, “attain”, “cattle” [property], “getting” [obtain, possess], “gotten” [obtained, received [a birth, Cain from Eve]], “jealousy”, “recover” [buy/purchase back at cost to oneself], “redeemed” [buy/purchase back at cost to oneself], “verily [buy]” [truly purchase at dear sacrificial cost], since the words “in the beginning of his way” [Proverbs 8:22 KJB], “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning” [Proverbs 8:23 KJB], “I was there” [Proverbs 8:27 KJB], “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB], except it be connected to the redemption plan as it is in Christ Jesus, or to the effect that the Father exchanged words with the Son, and the Son believed the Father, or an interchange, exchange of ideas [like as merchandising], the Father sharing His will with the Son, and the Son rejoicing in that will.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “possessed me” carries with it the meanings of “possessor”, “possessors”, which is to intimately know through and through [such as the word “possession” is understood, such that the Holy Ghost/Spirit should possess the whole heart, lest devils occupy/possess it], or to completely occupy or dwell in fully [such as to “possess” the land/earth, and the heart is the like unto the soil], to be LORD or Master of [such as a Father unto a Son], to own [to belong to someone's person], to have all or the whole entirety of something such as the whole mind/heart/spirit.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “possessed me” carries with it the meanings of “keep” [raise cattle, like as to raise a sheep, like as a Lamb, the Lamb of God in the Father's care], “owner” [one who has a purchased possession, such as a cow or Lamb]. The image then is of a tender compassionate Father caring for His Son, holding the Son in His arms, close to His bosom [as Jesus had done with John], cherishing the relationship as Father to Son, see 2 Samuel 12:3 KJB for a pictoral type.​

"set up":

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB eliminates the meanings/uses of “molten” [to form], “melteth”, “offer” [as a sacrifice, or to pour out as in offering], “cover” [to place over], “pour” [out as in offering], “poured” [a drink offering, in anointing an object, etc.], except it be in the meaning of 'poured out upon', as in “anointed” [of the Holy Ghost/Spirit] from everlasting, as the Son of God is indeed, the “Christ” even before He is born [Matthew 2:4; Luke 2:11,26 KJB] and/or in the meaning of being the one chosen [and chose] to be “offer[ed]” in sacrifice from before all things were made; a life to be “poured out” as a gift for the redemption, for sin should it arise.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “set up” carries with it the meanings of “set”, but also dealing with the “anointed” heir and King.​

"brought forth" [x2]:

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB eliminates the meanings/uses of “pain”, “painful”, “pained”, “sorrow”, “grievous”, “grievously”, “grieved”, “fall [grievously]”, “great [pain]”, “anguish”, “afraid [troubled]”, “fear”, “wounded”, “tremble”, “trembled”, “shaketh”, “driveth”, “wounded” since the words “rejoicing always before him” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB], “Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.” [Proverbs 8:31 KJB] are associated, which would go with the meanings of “dance” and “danced”. The only way the other meanings may be included within the contextual definition, is in reference to the Son's Godly awesome reverential wonder at the beautiful and marvelous will of His eternal Father, and in the plan of redemption which included the cross. For instance, see “The fear of the LORD” - Proverbs 8:13 KJB.

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB also eliminates the meanings of 'giving birth' to, as meaning in coming into existence/world at some point in time, such as “travail”, “travailed”, “driveth” [as to push forward], “shapen”, “made”, “bring forth”, “brought [forth]”, “bare”, “calve”, “formed” since the words “The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way” [Proverbs 8:22 KJB], “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning” [Proverbs 8:23 KJB], “I was there” [Proverbs 8:27 KJB] and “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB]. The context declares that the Son had ever been with the Father from eternity, ever “with” Him. The only way the other meanings may be included within the contextual definition, is in reference to the Son's being born/made of a woman, taking upon Himself the flesh nature of mankind, and entering into the world through the miracle of “the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh” [1 Timothy 3:16 KJB].

The context of Proverbs 8 KJB thus helps us to know that the phrase “brought forth” carries with it the meanings of “stayed” [waited patiently or attended to another, as in 'waiting upon', or ever at the ready, ever at the right hand to obey, called upon to attend], “abide”, “hope” [quietly wait upon/for], “look” [towards, up to], “patiently”, “rest”, “tarried”, “trust”, “wait”, “waited”, since the words “When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:” [Proverbs 8:27 KJB], “When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:” [Proverbs 8:28 KJB], “When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:” [Proverbs 8:29 KJB], “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;” [Proverbs 8:30 KJB; see also Psalms 40:8 KJB]. Thus when the eternal Father called for the eternal Son, the Son who ever waited upon the will of His Father, said, 'Yes, Father, here am I.' and thus the Son was brought to accomplish the Father's decrees.
"him, as one brought up [with him]":

The Son was eternally the “fellow” [associate, companion, neighbour, etc] of the Father, for notice that it does not say that the Son became the fellow at any time past, but simply says, “the man, my fellow”:

Zechariah 13:7 KJB - Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.​

The Son is the eternal “help meet”, the “right hand of” [thus ever at His right hand] of the Father. The Son is the ever “faithful” one, the ever “obedient” one to His eternal Father, ever honouring His eternal Father's requests and commands, always “delight[ing]” [Proverbs 8:30; Psalms 40:8 KJB] in doing His will. Ever “rejoicing” in the will of His eternal Father. The Son eternally and ever “believes” the word of His eternal Father, and there is no doubt in the Son about the Father. When the eternal Father says, “My Son.” The Son says, “Here am I, my Father.” Most precious. Think of this eternal relationship. Pray right now. Doesn't your own hurt burn within you to be as the Son?
Thus on the whole, when the eternal Father was to create the Heaven and the earth in Genesis 1 [as recounted by Proverbs 8:22-31 KJB], implementing the plan of redemption which had been hid for eternity in the mind of God should sin arise as it had done in Lucifer's rebellion, the Father by His direction/command/will, He called for the eternal Son to implement that plan, and direction, and the anointed Son ever willing to obey and Honour His Father, rejoicing before His Father carried out the will of the Father and made ["and God made"] all things as specified by the Father ["and God said"], the Holy Ghost/Spirit moving ["the Spirit of God moved"] in response to these things. Thus the Father made all things by His Son - by Wisdom, which had eternally been with the Father.

Upvote 0