Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's okay if you dont know what your gift may be right now. I feel that in due time you will know what it is. What ever brings you joy the most.
That is sweet of you to say. I have a few talents. Perhaps talents are gifts:)
Bless you for caring enough to respond to my post.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God literally gifted me with a business. yes we worked hard, but the initial start up was a loan from someone I have never met before. he knew me by reputation and asked me one day if I want to start my own business/talk it over with your wife and the next morning invited us to breakfast and the second time I met him (at breakfast) he wrote me a check for 25k.

We worked very hard paid him back in a year. worked very hard long nights got the attention of a international refrigeration company who wanted us to represent their brand the normal deal buy in was 150,000.00, but because they wanted into our market, and they felt like they could trust us they worked with us and set us up for free.

one thing leads to another and we are gifted crazy awesome opportunity after another after another now 20 years later We had to subdivide the business as we picked up a car dealership service center, refrigeration up fitter and service, and now working on small retail shop. only ever having little more than our daily bread. Having what we need when we need it with little room for anything else. As everything we make gets reinvested almost immediately. God has faithfully given us what we need when we need it.

The real gift in all of this is the freedom my job now affords me. I spend most of my day studying and answering questions about the bible God and our time here. The lord has given me insight and knowledge about a great number of thing which I am trying to put into a youtube format. like how to assimilated all of evolution into a literal seven day creation without changing either narrative.

Upvote 0

JD011089

With God anything is possible
Nov 10, 2018
El Paso
✟23,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been published, but I gave up writing. I went into computers, I'm good with details and helping people, but it was really my kids, they are so important to me.
I have a song too. My youngest wrote, plays and sings it. The title is a play on my last name. The artwork is my oldest son's, the song was written not long after my oldest son died. My youngest was 17 at the time. I think he finished up the lyrics when he was in Budapest a couple years later. So, that's the sadness in the song, but it's more about overcoming it. (also, every year when my kids ask me what I want for a holiday, I say something homemade - so, I got the music one year, lyrics the next)
Hell Well
Wow it seems like your kids are you biggest blessing and God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave them to you. thats amazing that you've been published and that you're good with helping people. Your kids are your gift and as a parent i have to say its one of the best gifts of all.

• Winner
Reactions: Nancy Hale
Upvote 0

JD011089

Nov 10, 2018
El Paso
✟23,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is sweet of you to say. I have a few talents. Perhaps talents are gifts:)
Bless you for caring enough to respond to my post.
I'd say talents and gifts go hand in hand ultimately. As long as you enjoy it and god has put the love of it in your heart thats all that matters. Someone will be blessed by what you can do.

Upvote 0

JD011089

Nov 10, 2018
El Paso
✟23,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God literally gifted me with a business. yes we worked hard, but the initial start up was a loan from someone I have never met before. he knew me by reputation and asked me one day if I want to start my own business/talk it over with your wife and the next morning invited us to breakfast and the second time I met him (at breakfast) he wrote me a check for 25k.

We worked very hard paid him back in a year. worked very hard long nights got the attention of a international refrigeration company who wanted us to represent their brand the normal deal buy in was 150,000.00, but because they wanted into our market, and they felt like they could trust us they worked with us and set us up for free.

one thing leads to another and we are gifted crazy awesome opportunity after another after another now 20 years later We had to subdivide the business as we picked up a car dealership service center, refrigeration up fitter and service, and now working on small retail shop. only ever having little more than our daily bread. Having what we need when we need it with little room for anything else. As everything we make gets reinvested almost immediately. God has faithfully given us what we need when we need it.

The real gift in all of this is the freedom my job now affords me. I spend most of my day studying and answering questions about the bible God and our time here. The lord has given me insight and knowledge about a great number of thing which I am trying to put into a youtube format. like how to assimilated all of evolution into a literal seven day creation without changing either narrative.

Wow this is truly an amazing story and what a gift that God has given you. Just reading it motivates me to not give up on my business and continue to trust God that he has the best interest for me. Going international is truly something wonderful as well. Not many get that opportunity and because you were faithful to God and his plan for your life, he gave you things in abundance. Your story is truly inspirational and I thank you for sharing it. I pray others read it and helps lift them as well. God bless.

Reactions: drich0150
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow this is truly an amazing story and what a gift that God has given you. Just reading it motivates me to not give up on my business and continue to trust God that he has the best interest for me. Going international is truly something wonderful as well. Not many get that opportunity and because you were faithful to God and his plan for your life, he gave you things in abundance. Your story is truly inspirational and I thank you for sharing it. I pray others read it and helps lift them as well. God bless.
The lesson I learned is 1 is along the lines of the parable of the talents. be faithful to what you have been given. and allow him to give you more. (then reinvest everything you can back into the business./I went from working out of a truck and my dads garage to a 50,000 sq foot air conditioned production facility and a cat lot. by not buying things/living modestly. treating everything like God's money.)
2) Work as hard as you can with what God has given you, till he takes it away. don't assume the business he has you working in now will be what you will be doing in the end. When God makes a change or asks for the business back be humble enough to let it go. He had me out right fail once before the guy who gave me start up money the second time. then this business has changed it's primary function 3 different times. From truck refrigeration repair, to installation and refrigeration sales, to designed installation and now complete refrigerated truck sales and service as a licensed car dealer.
3) go through doors he opens when he opens them. walk by faith even if he leads to or through failure. we all want success, but failure is where wisdom is gained. You got to be willing to trust God enough to fail. if and when that happens he will open another door, and you can be bogged down in emotion to not go through it.
4) try and learn contentment early on. with more success comes more responsibility. I sometimes wonder at christmas how we where going to pay the bills through the slow times and give out presents... Now i wonder this 10x to 15x over (depending on the number of employees, as I now have to see to their well being through the slow times as well.) not to mention the 23 kids all depending on me to bring business in to the company so their parents can give them a good christmas.
Meaning if Got has given you 3 bags of gold to work with and you are making it, don't be mad or envious of the brother God has given 6 bags to work with, because it takes a lot of wisdom/failure to manage all of that. That is a hard path to walk and work down lots of sacrifice and lost family time as well. be content on what God has given and whatever the increase or change of direction.

remember this is not pass or fail, success or failure it is about serving God with what you do better than you could while working for someone else.

Upvote 0

JD011089

Nov 10, 2018
El Paso
✟23,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I can say is WOW! this is very valuable information and as valuable as it it is. It will be taken in very deeply. I couldn't have agreed with you more on this and with that being said I will be copying this down and reading over it again to help push myself with what I have to do to ensure I can help others and do everything according to God's plan. Thank you so much. Maybe I can speak with you in a PM and talk about a few more things if you don't mind.

• Agree
Reactions: drich0150
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I can say is WOW! this is very valuable information and as valuable as it it is. It will be taken in very deeply. I couldn't have agreed with you more on this and with that being said I will be copying this down and reading over it again to help push myself with what I have to do to ensure I can help others and do everything according to God's plan. Thank you so much. Maybe I can speak with you in a PM and talk about a few more things if you don't mind.
i'll try and help any way I can.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your encouragement :)
This is the most recent track I've written. I wrote it in memory of a special friend that passed away. I tried to captivate in the first part the affection and respect I had for them - by the example of the life they led. And finally that I can let go and surrender them to the love of God. They are now in heaven and at perfect peace.

That is so beautiful, it must be wonderful to have this precious gift God has given you as well as being able to bless others with it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a gift to know what your gift is:) I don't have that gift either. What to do if you don't know?
Thank you for this nice thread and bless you and your family!

Well,I know your gift.

It is the gift of love and compassion for Gods creatures that enables you to help them.:cat:

Every creature is precious to God and He enables each one of His children to use the gift that He has given them, all different, each one important.
God bless you :)

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Family, I come here to ask a question. What has God gifted you with? There's so much that we are talented with, but what are you gifted with. What comes naturally to you without breaking a sweat. How can/Do you use your gift to help out our fellow brothers and sisters in christ? I'm interested in knowing your thoughts and answers. Thank you for reading.

Being a friend to those that seem to have no friends.

Trying to be a Godly example.
Can be a test.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cheryl6397

Mar 9, 2018
Birmingham
✟33,306.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My gifts? I bake and most of what I bake are cakes for my grandchildren, children, friends, my son in law (because he was working away from home for a week so made him his favourite flapjacks to take with him). I gift these and the repayment is seeing faces that light up. To see them happy gives me pleasure for which I thank God. Not a master baker by any means

Upvote 0