SSior.27

May 31, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does having a favourite book of the Bible have to do with being a good Christian? Even non-believers enjoy portions of it, like Psalms and the like. (Even that phrase, nothing new under the sun, has basis in Scripture)

Recently, it's been Daniel. Lot of good stuff in there past the whole Lions' Den story (yawnorama from hearing it so much).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crazy faith

crazy-faith
Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the replies guys! I am really working on understanding different books in the old testament and really trying to learn the historical meanings as well as how god wants me to use them.

I like to get an input on what other people like so i can look at them in a different view.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What does having a favourite book of the Bible have to do with being a good Christian? Even non-believers enjoy portions of it, like Psalms and the like. (Even that phrase, nothing new under the sun, has basis in Scripture)

Recently, it's been Daniel. Lot of good stuff in there past the whole Lions' Den story (yawnorama from hearing it so much).

It does not have a basis in scripture, it is word for word from most English translations.

Rather surprising so many like the book it is from. Or is it that many others got the reference and at least for now like the book it is from. Gosh perhaps I should feel proud of possibly influnecing the results of this thread! Nah, shouldn't do that, people might think I'm vain!

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Rather surprising so many like the book it is from. Or is it that many others got the reference and at least for now like the book it is from. Gosh perhaps I should feel proud of possibly influnecing the results of this thread! Nah, shouldn't do that, people might think I'm vain!

That all depends. If you continue trolling like this, one might be inclined to think so no matter what...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SSior.27

May 31, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does not have a basis in scripture, it is word for word from most English translations.

Hahahahahaha, sorry, but it's quite silly how inaccurate that post is.
The Scripture reference was not to Daniel at all but, as was previously stated on page 1, Ecclesiastes.

Daniel was simply my answer to the original post, as was others'. Chance just has it that many favour Daniel among others.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hahahahahaha, sorry, but it's quite silly how inaccurate that post is.
The Scripture reference was not to Daniel at all but, as was previously stated on page 1, Ecclesiastes.

Daniel was simply my answer to the original post, as was others'. Chance just has it that many favour Daniel among others.

Yes it is a quotation from Ecclesiastes. I can see the confusion, but carefully read there is nothing in my post that implies in any way I or the poster I responded to thought the quote was from Daniel.

Upvote 0

SSior.27

May 31, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ahha, it was the bolding of 'Daniel' in the quote which misled me. Still, was worth a chuckle, lol.

Not going through the list of responses, but seems it's a toss-up for the majority between Daniel and Ecclesiastes, so either way it's believable which one you were referring to.

Upvote 0