North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Let's all parade out what good Christians we are by talking about our favorite books of the Bible.

Truely there is nothing new under the sun.

It does not have a basis in scripture, it is word for word from most English translations.

Rather surprising so many like the book it is from. Or is it that many others got the reference and at least for now like the book it is from. Gosh perhaps I should feel proud of possibly influnecing the results of this thread! Nah, shouldn't do that, people might think I'm vain!

That all depends. If you continue trolling like this, one might be inclined to think so no matter what...

:thumbsup: Exactly,Antigone!

I would say for myself Exodus, Esther and Daniel,especially about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Also must include Psalms and Proverbs.

Upvote 0

Via Cassian

Fuga mundi (flight from the world)
Dec 24, 2009
South
✟24,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would say for myself Exodus, Esther and Daniel,especially about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Also must include Psalms and Proverbs.

Hey CF Monitors, look at soblessed53, that's not fair. We were supposed to pick one favorite book, soblessed53 got to have five!

OK, after Psalms (praying without ceasing), my other two favorites are Genesis (the whole thing at the beginning) and Ruth (steadfast faith is met by God's everlasting love). And I still get two more!

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
im not sure where to ask this, but what are your favorite Old Testament books or stories?

I am just starting back in Kings again, trying to dig a little deeper in the word

Hey CF Monitors, look at soblessed53, that's not fair. We were supposed to pick one favorite book, soblessed53 got to have five!

OK, after Psalms (praying without ceasing), my other two favorites are Genesis (the whole thing at the beginning) and Ruth (steadfast faith is met by God's everlasting love). And I still get two more!

I think you need to re-read the OP where it says favorite Old Testament books or stories! Notice they are plural? However the thread title does say "book" so I'd say we are both right! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Q

queenbeesorrow

im not sure where to ask this, but what are your favorite Old Testament books or stories?

I am just starting back in Kings again, trying to dig a little deeper in the word

I'm personally a big fan of Jonah. Because...I often feel like I act like him a lot. I run away from God until God has to do something big to make me realize that His Way is the best way, the way that will come to something in the end. And then it doesn't stop at that--Jonah gets angry at God for giving the city a second chance eg. he doubts God's judgment. It's just...how I am a lot of the time. I love the book; God's patience and love to Jonah, and Jonah's honesty with God.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like Isaiah and Job the best (also my favourite books even including NT ones). Isaiah is comforting, and I can often identify with Job. I like all the other prophets also, but it would definitely be going over the top to name them!

You have my deepest sympathy, I'll pray for you and pray to God that I will never be able to say that I identify with Job. My favorite book is Ecclesiastes
I bet no one would have guessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums