bradfordl

Veteran
Mar 20, 2006
✟17,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So my thread where I posted the message from a moderator was closed and deleted. Is transparency a problem on CF? The issue I have is that non-reformed baptist are freely allowed to argue and debate on SR, but apparently those of us who are reformed but not baptist may not on threads expressly related to reformed theology on the baptist forum. The thread in question there was closed, but none of the threads the free-will baptists started and argued in here have.

CF is not so valuable to me that I am willing to compromise truth and transparency in my communications here. I will not submit to a secretive "star chamber" of unnaccountable overseers. I have asked questions regarding this issue, and have recieved no replies except one that determined they should close the previous thread about this, and another that announced a post I had made was deleted.. No answer as to why a double standard is applied. That is not how a group of people who claim to follow Christ should behave. If their behavior was not something to be ashamed of, why would they need to delete threads that leave it open for all to see? If there had been an apology offered, I could understand and forgive them removing the thread, but to do so under the pretense that there was something wrong with it other than their own behaviour is very questionable.

Maybe I'm being too tense about this? Maybe somebody can help me to see this in a proper light. I'm not much of a CF veteran, I post 99% of the time here in SR, and this is the first time I've encountered this kind of stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Reactions: GrinningDwarf
Sep 10, 2005
SE
✟24,268.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So my thread where I posted the message from a moderator was closed and deleted. Is transparency a problem on CF? The issue I have is that non-reformed baptist are freely allowed to argue and debate on SR, but apparently those of us who are reformed but not baptist may not on threads expressly related to reformed theology on the baptist forum. The thread in question there was closed, but none of the threads the free-will baptists started and argued in here have.

CF is not so valuable to me that I am willing to compromise truth and transparency in my communications here. I will not submit to a secretive "star chamber" of unnaccountable overseers. I have asked questions regarding this issue, and have recieved no replies except one that determined they should close the previous thread about this, and another that announced a post I had made was deleted.. No answer as to why a double standard is applied. That is not how a group of people who claim to follow Christ should behave. If their behavior was not something to be ashamed of, why would they need to delete threads that leave it open for all to see? If there had been an apology offered, I could understand and forgive them removing the thread, but to do so under the pretense that there was something wrong with it other than their own behaviour is very questionable.

Maybe I'm being too tense about this? Maybe somebody can help me to see this in a proper light. I'm not much of a CF veteran, I post 99% of the time here in SR, and this is the first time I've encountered this kind of stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

I don't know why your thread was deleted or closed or whatever it was. I think one time I read the rules and you cannot post in a reg. forum about a moderator. I think you have to go to the section where the admin. stuff is.

CF Support then Discuss Rules and Staff Team Policy.

Maybe you've already done that, I don't know. You would not be the first one to question how the rules are applied here on CF.

CC&E

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So my thread where I posted the message from a moderator was closed and deleted. Is transparency a problem on CF?

I think it is.

The issue I have is that non-reformed baptist are freely allowed to argue and debate on SR, but apparently those of us who are reformed but not baptist may not on threads expressly related to reformed theology on the baptist forum. The thread in question there was closed, but none of the threads the free-will baptists started and argued in here have.

Good point. It's an issue I raised once, too.

I will not submit to a secretive "star chamber" of unnaccountable overseers.

Let the revolution begin!! :D

I think if you stay in here, you have been very sheltered on CF. It's so bad on most of the other theology forums that I don't even bother going there anymore...just SR and some 'safe' hobby boards, like hobbies, music, and lit.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Um, I for one wonder why it weren't moved to a comments to-the-moderators forum or some such.

The basic problem is that when the rules themselves get their own threads in a purpose-specific forum, they (1) normally spiral out of control and they (2) rarely accomplish the purpose the forum is built for.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.