• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What's the weather like where you are? (4)

Discussion in 'Golden Eagles (age 50 or older as of 2019)' started by rebornfree, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatLovesChrist2

NatLovesChrist2 Yes, I am one of those Jesus freaks!

+5
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I think I felt some rain drop.. first time in 3 months here is Houston.. Praying the drought is over with!

2. mjmcmillan

mjmcmillan Well-Known Member

+442
    Pentecostal
    Private
    US-Others
    It's raining. 63F and we're having a thunderstorm, under flood watch.

3. Savedsis

Savedsis Seasoned Salty Sista

+16,257
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Getting ready to storm of course.

4. mjmcmillan

+442
    Pentecostal
    Private
    US-Others
    A couple of weeks back I wondered here how a couple hundred miles could make such a difference. Raining in Missouri while it was dry in Oklahoma.

Now, I could ask that same question about thirty miles. We've had a couple of sprinkles here in Carol Stream while in De Kalb it's been pouring for the last several hours. They've got five inches of rain from a relatively stationary storm. Seriously, De Kalb is only about thirty or forty miles West of here.

Right now: 56 F, cloudy. Rainy weather promised through the weekend. I hope the storms don't just sit over us the way they have over De Kalb.

5. nChrist

nChrist AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith Supporter

+16,912
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    We had something very similar to this happen near us recently. It's a very strange situation indeed. Yes, a stationary storm sat over and flooded a relatively small area, and people all around it had been praying for rain for months. Frankly, I don't have a clue how something like this could happen, but it does. Most thunderstorms move because of all the forces forming it in the first place. Sitting in one place seems to defy logic, so strange things happen in nature. Oddly enough, this downpour I'm talking about was also about 30 miles from us, and we didn't get a drop of rain from that storm. It was as if God got a huge bucket and emptied it out almost all at once.

6. freezerman2000

freezerman2000 Living and dying in 3/4 time

+1,112
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It's looking like we will finally get some extended rain in my neck of the woods.

7. CindyisHis

CindyisHis I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Same here. We're about to get a thunderstorm. I can hear it rumbling. :)

8. mjmcmillan

+442
    Pentecostal
    Private
    US-Others
    It's cool (45 F) and rainy. We've had our high for the day this morning, it goes down from here. Cast-iron kite flying winds from the NNE at 30 mph, gusting higher.

Side note: At the apartment complex I live in they've shut off the main heating plant, so we 're filling in as best we can. It'll get chilly in here tonight, and my electric bill is going to jump when I turn on the space heater.

9. servant of Merciful Love

servant of Merciful Love Goodbye~God bless Supporter

+8,737
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    Cool @ 55 with heavy rain today
    All week will be below normal temps, a bit humid, and showery

10. Susie~Q

Susie~Q John 3:16 God bless you. Supporter

+2,228
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Rain and cold, supposed to be this way until Thursday. Leaves are just now starting to show, been a very cold and strange Spring for sure.

11. missmsdancearama

missmsdancearama Senior Veteran Supporter

+19,614
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    cloudy, windy and only 47f

12. gratefulgrace

gratefulgrace Contributor

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Still pretty wet and cold predominantly. Still skiing on the nearby mountains. I did see two deer feeding by the side of the road today though in our wooded area so spring must be here.

13. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    it's cloudy, breezy, warm, and real humid....looks like it's gonna rain

14. davedajobauk

davedajobauk dum spiro spero Supporter

+27,155
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Wet, wet, wet and not at all warm

brrrrrrrrrr

:wave:

dave

15. CLM9999

CLM9999 Newbie

+1
    Christian
    Married
    Hades Lite...

16. nChrist

nChrist AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith Supporter

+16,912
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Here it's been around 80 and gorgeous. We have a chance for rain in the next few days, and we're still praying.

17. CindyisHis

CindyisHis I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    It was only 60F this morning! Nice and cool for us. :clap: I think the high was around 85 and sunny.
    Florida

18. missmsdancearama

missmsdancearama Senior Veteran Supporter

+19,614
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    partly cloudy and 43f

19. mjmcmillan

+442
    Pentecostal
    Private
    US-Others
    53 F, cloudy.

I just had a look at the weather radar. Goofiest thing I've seen in a while, the weather is running backwards. I kid you not. There's a band of rain out by Rte 39 and 88, and it's headed away from us. Normally weather from Rochelle comes here but not this time.

Sometimes "Lake Effect" weather will behave that way when the winds are right, but you rarely see that happen West of Berkeley, Illinois around here. Rochelle is a good 50 miles West of here, too far for "Lake Effect" rains.

OK, there's a reason for that. We recently had a low pressure system pass to the South of us and we're on the back side of the system. So, weather is flowing in reverse from what you'd normally expect since the weather in question is on the North side of the low.

20. freezerman2000

freezerman2000 Living and dying in 3/4 time

+1,112
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Sunny and cool after two days of much needed rain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.