What's the weather like where you are? (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not bad today. It was sunny, a light breeze.

Short note: About two weeks ago, they changed my route. I'm doing the Joliet- Crest Hill area these days. Just in time for the 20th anniversary.

Anniversary of what, you ask? Well, 20 years ago a tornado rolled through the area. It destroyed parts of Plainfield, Joliet and Crest Hill. It killed a number of people, most in the High School and a church in Plainfield. Crest Hill got hit pretty hard too.

I don't get into Plainfield on this route, but the rest of it--- yep. The twister came right down Rte 30, and sometime during the day I'm going to be in "Tornado Alley" every day. Interesting bit of history. And, it was twenty years ago this past week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
a hot, sunny, in the mid-nineties, beautiful day, with low humidity......it was unusually quiet for a Monday afternoon when i was grocery shopping....quiet for Baltimore. Ev'ryone seemed relaxed and in good spirits haha

Reactions: pilgrimgal
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.