What's the weather like where you are? (10)

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad your getting some warmer weather Shirley. :)
But;Well; you know what they say; if something goes up; something else has to go down.

The down is our temps and the snow level for the next week; we are to get another massive "Arctic express" from the Bering sea area to hit the whole PNW; from N. Calif to all the way up in BC, Canada; with snow 2-3 inches on the valley floor to a couple of feet up in the Cascades passes:
View attachment 270081
So it's either; rain or snow; take your pick. Just praying the power stays on.:prayer::)

Well, mnorian, there are some over here who relish the warmer days. We are not in that group. :D My family and I prefer cooler days, but at least it's not humid at the moment. I hope the power does stay on there for you and you don't get snow-bound at all. :pray:

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine and very warm here this weekend, after several milder days which were a joy to us all. Set to continue with warmer temps for a while now.

Oh ya; I forgot you guy's are in your hot season; do you get the blistering heat and fires like OZ does?

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh ya; I forgot you guy's are in your hot season; do you get the blistering heat and fires like OZ does?

No, thankfully. Their temps are nearly always higher than ours and often a great deal higher. We do get the odd bush fire here and it can be reasonably widespread on occasion, but we have not had anything like the scenario happening over there right now. Terribly sad.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have had rain and a little wind today

original.gif

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter how bad the rain and snow get; it's still better then those poor people in OZ and the fires they are going thru.

We have had forest fires real close here 3 years ago; one less then 15 miles away; and had horrible smoke and ash for months on end; made it hard to breath; even if you didn't have asthma. That's a scary thing; when you don't know if a fire may come your way in a matter of hours. My prayers go out to those people.

Was just reading the thread about the bush fires in OZ:

Australian fires

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another hot day, 36C.:( There is smoke haze right across the state and we are advised to stay indoors if possible.

It is little price to pay compared to what others are going through.

There are continual warnings on radio for people to watch and act or evacuate in the different fire areas as they arise.
There is supposed to be a cooler change tonight.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's 34F cloudy; snowing; wind 5mph; so the snow is coming down at an angle; humidity is 81%; so it's damp and too cold to go outside. Outside of that; it's a beautiful day in the PNW-- :rolleyes:

It must be beautiful to watch from the cosiness from inside.:)

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It must be beautiful to watch from the cosiness from inside.:)

Yes it is; that's one good thing about the cold; it is easier to keep it on the outside then the heat like your going thru.

But if the snow gets bad enough; it can cause the trees to fall down and large branches to take out the power lines.

Like last year; we were without power for a week; and as we heat with electricity and oil (which needs power to run the fans and pumps) we were freezing in a matter of hours; and had to go in town and stay at a motel room. That was no fun at all.
My prayers go out to you guy's in OZ. Hope the weather changes soon.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your prayers. As I was typing my last post I realised that there are downsides to snow and cold too, things always look greener......
Its funny you mentioned the trees coming down with the snow because I never think of that, and we have had warnings of falling trees due to the fires, even though they may look safe. Tragically a firefighter was killed by a tree falling on him in the last few days.

It must have been awful with no power for a week. We never realise how dependant we are on it until we have power cuts. A month ago on a day of 43C we had a power cut for six hours and I was laying on the brick floor to stay cool but that was nothing compared to what you experienced.
It puts things in perspective doesn't it?
And reminds us to be thankful always.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your prayers. As I was typing my last post I realised that there are downsides to snow and cold too, things always look greener......
Its funny you mentioned the trees coming down with the snow because I never think of that, and we have had warnings of falling trees due to the fires, even though they may look safe. Tragically a firefighter was killed by a tree falling on him in the last few days.

It must have been awful with no power for a week. We never realise how dependant we are on it until we have power cuts. A month ago on a day of 43C we had a power cut for six hours and I was laying on the brick floor to stay cool but that was nothing compared to what you experienced.
It puts things in perspective doesn't it?
And reminds us to be thankful always.

Yes; when you can't even flush the toilet; because your on well water; it seems we are way too dependent on the power grid.
Then the internet goes out; and your setting in your house; in the middle of the night; with a small batter powered light; waiting for that to go dead. :oops:

Upvote 0