What's the weather like where you are? (10)

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where's here? My guess would be the eastern US. Just curious.:)
Yes, that's pretty much the area :).

I might as well give a weather update.. it's now 24 degrees.. up from 10 when it snowed yesterday., then rained a few hours later.
We were leary of ice so we stayed in. Then the plow went by and created a wall of snow at our driveway so we've been waiting till it melts so we can drive over it.. we're getting low on supplies.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's pretty much the area :).

I might as well give a weather update.. it's now 24 degrees.. up from 10 when it snowed yesterday., then rained a few hours later.
We were leary of ice so we stayed in. Then the plow went by and created a wall of snow at our driveway so we've been waiting till it melts so we can drive over it.. we're getting low on supplies.
Oh the snow plow, yes...often a hazard... :) but they do a good job, basically...

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another round of storms coming in from the Pacific into the PNW today; winds of up to 23mph here in the Eugene area; with high waves to hit the southern Oregon coast of 20-30 ft; NWS warning to stay away from the beaches; 43F right now with rain.
2020-01-21 07.46.59 forecast.weather.gov 048d88b7a2c8.png

• Prayers
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh the snow plow, yes...often a hazard... :) but they do a good job, basically...
It's far better than us getting out there with a shovel and do it ourselves. Or, rent a bunch of dogs to line up and dig it away.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's far better than us getting out there with a shovel and do it ourselves. Or, rent a bunch of dogs to line up and dig it away.
Some of us have to avoid more heart attacks also; shovelling snow is often how old men die...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of us have to avoid more heart attacks also; shovelling snow is often how old men die...
The older we get, the less we should require of ourselves and do some outsourcing instead. Children, grandchildren, young neighbors, buy a small snowthrower.. etc.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The older we get, the less we should require of ourselves and do some outsourcing instead. Children, grandchildren, young neighbors, buy a small snowthrower.. etc.
We have a kind friend who helps us... :)

Do you still shovel at all? or maybe you manage not to...

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have a kind friend who helps us... :)

Do you still shovel at all? or maybe you manage not to...
We've got a small 'thrower to clear it away. Although it means getting the car out of the garage which requires that we first move our two other cars parked in the drive out of the way. It's fun to figure out how to move our cars in the drive when we can't back out to the street for the snow blocking our way.

• Informative
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We've got a small 'thrower to clear it away. Although it means getting the car out of the garage which requires that we first move our two other cars parked in the drive out of the way. It's fun to figure out how to move our cars in the drive when we can't back out to the street for the snow blocking our way.
Oh we face a similar problem... :)

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When we're young we can't wait to play in it. When we're old the thrill has gotten old.
I'm sure this is true...

And when the effects of being older comes upon one, it seems to happen suddenly, even if the signs may have long been there....

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This morning, I did the short walk up to our local church. It had gone well below freezing overnight and still very chilly this morning. Walking up the canal to the church, the fog still hadn't lifted. During the service, everyone sat in parts of the pews which were closest to the overhead heaters. I certainly needed that hot cup of coffee at the end before I thought of venturing back outside.
So you guys have a lot of fog, too...

What do you call it over there, pea-soupers? :)

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure this is true...

And when the effects of being older comes upon one, it seems to happen suddenly, even if the signs may have long been there....
I watched the aging process happen to me over time, noticing this or that here or there that hadn't been there the last remembered time I looked. For some reason when I was young I simply hadn't thought when I looked at the elders.. that I would some day become like them. But why borrow worries prematurely like that when you're young?

Last edited:
Upvote 0