• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What's the right thing to do?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by sk8brdkd, Oct 30, 2013.

1. sk8brdkd

sk8brdkd Audio A Sk8er

+787
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    If you were put in a situation at a job where someone u knew got in trouble for something they shouldn't have if they didn't do anything wrong which they were blamed for, Would you stand up for them or just let it go? I mean, let's say you were there and someone blamed them for something, told a manager and then that person got in trouble.

Is the right thing to stand up for that person, speak to a manager and tell them what you saw/heard or to just let it go and let the person get in trouble?

I'd like to hear what you would do, but, for me, i was told to keep my mouth shut and not get involved, however, my conscience was telling me something different. For the last 3 days, my conscience told me to talk to a manager and, today I did. I'll tell you, I did feel a lot better after I told the manager but, the situation is still in place and there's still a problem there and i'm still struggling w/ it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pal Handy

Pal Handy Irregular Member

+202
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You did what you felt in your heart you needed to do so your
    part in this is over, except for your prayers for your coworkers.

Don't take on the position that you somehow must save the world as
    that place belongs to Christ alone.

The enemy will try to get us so worked up about situations that
    have gone wrong in this broken and fallen world that we will lose sight of
    our true calling, to follow Christ and point others to Him as the answer
    and not to rely on our own strength, wisdom and abilities.

You did what you thought was right and yet nothing changed, at
    least in the short term but give God a chance to work as you pray
    for those at work and trust that God can change things at work as
    you trust in Him to make a difference through your prayers for others.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. David Sylvian

David Sylvian From Japan With Love

+2
    Christian
    Private
    I would stand up and say something -- why on earth not?

There are times when truth hurts more and does more damage then good.

4. rocklife

rocklife Senior Veteran

+127
    Christian
    When I witness a car accident or crime, I report it and write down the time, date, and relevant information. I would kind of do the same thing in a work situation if I saw something wrong, at least let the head people know you were a witness, which it seems like you did in the end.

5. Max Shade

Max Shade Well-Known Member

+27
    Celtic Catholic
    Married
    Excellent advice, couldn't have said it better, so I am quoting . . .

Yup, looking the other way or not saying anything is the source of much that is evil in the world's power. All it takes for evil to triumph is . . . ?