What's the Difference Between White Cheese and Yellow Cheese?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The cheese aisle of your local supermarket probably features a collection of pale cream, sunny yellow, and deep orange offerings. More colorful shades of cheese are so common that in some cases they've become the default. (Lighter cheddar is labeled white cheddar, while the orange variety is just cheddar.) But most blocks, wedges, and wheels of cheese that aren't white are technically unnatural. And the yellow and orange cheeses sold today are the product of a tradition that originated in the 17th century.

THE HISTORY OF YELLOW CHEESE

Continued below.
What's the Difference Between White Cheese and Yellow Cheese?

• Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have known about annatto in cheddar cheese for quite some time. If you like Mexican food you have probably had it in a more concentrated form it is a key ingredient in achiote paste. That is used in Spanish rice and Arroz con pollo. I have some in my house waiting for my next batch of Spanish rice.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have known about annatto in cheddar cheese for quite some time. If you like Mexican food you have probably had it in a more concentrated form it is a key ingredient in achiote paste. That is used in Spanish rice and Arroz con pollo. I have some in my house waiting for my next batch of Spanish rice.
Yum!

Upvote 0