What's the best tasting coffee in your opinion ?

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is a coffee shop !:cool:

I liked Yuban until Kraft bought it and changed the beans.

Now we drink Maxwell House-
What a quality thread. :wave:

To me the best tasting coffee is a free cup of coffee.
If I cannot get that, whatever's on sale.
If I cannot get that, blueberry-chocolate flavored. But chocolate flavor needs to be all over it. :liturgy:

My coffee-maker just stopped making all the brewing and crackling noises telling me my coffee is ready ... :yum: ...

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love any coffee made in a French press ....any coffee :)
Oh yes.
I bought a great French press sometime ago, stainless steel and thermos type - keeps it hot for a long while ...
You just reminded me about it ... :yum:

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟418,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorites is Hula Daddy Kona Sweet: ($70 a pound so not cheap) but you will not find any Kona coffee rated near this high anywhere else (and Coffee Review has been 100% accurate in my tasting of coffees they have rated top notch).

Hula Daddy Kona Coffee | HulaDaddy.com

Reviewed here: "Kona Sweet" 100% Kona by Hula Daddy Review | CoffeeReview.com

If you read coffee review, you will know that a score of 97 is rare and only a couple of coffees a year achieve this score.

Second favorite is Kenya Mamuta from Terroir Coffees:

Coffee Review - Kenya Mamuto by Terroir Coffee

I buy only beans and grind them myself when I want a brew. Otherwise, the beans are stored in sealed glass mason jars in my freezer. I use a top of the line coffee machine and change the charcoal filter every month.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟418,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I guess Starbucks makes an OK syrup slush, but their real (normal) coffee is horrible.

Dunkin' Donuts does pretty good coffee.

Starbucks has a slow distribution network for coffees you buy from their shops, and they roast their beans almost black so it is extra bitter which strangely enough works out fine when you add milk and sugar, but I don't like their coffee milkshakes as I call them. I drink my coffee straight black, and if you don't, then you would waste your money buying high end coffee like what I posted above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟679,255.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not to picky about the kind of coffee, I am however picky about how strong it is. Everyone I know makes what I think is weak coffee. I want it so dark and rich you can float a horse shoe in it. It'll put hair on you chest and a bounce in your step. :)

I'm the same way, the darker the better. And the water makes a lot of difference too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rich1540

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The best coffee is no coffee. Caffiene is a drug. Anything over 300mg a day will lead to to addiction. Withdrawal from that dosage and you'll suffer headaches and irritability.

The second best coffee is a nice flat white. (an arabica with a touch of robusta blend expresso coffee with streamed milk)

The worst is stuff is what the Vietnamese drink. It has massive amounts of the drug.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess it wouldn't be the same if they just called it the Chaplains Hot Chocolate Shop.

The coffee drinkers would get jittery withdrawal symptoms.
If you ever read the history of Cadburys, you'll find the chocolate brand was started by Quakers. They invented the dairy milk chocolate, originally chocolate was drunk straight by the aztecs (or was it maya) and called the food of the gods.
And Bourneville was originally a model town built around the chocolate factory run by Christians.

I have no idea if coffee is actually any good for you as some claim. I just don't like it, it's very bitter.

In one of my old workplaces I had many colleagues who could not function without their coffee hit. It was sort of sad to see them all be gripey and moany without their morning and afternoon coffee. In my country we call it morning and afternoon tea, not coffee. Because Brits (and Asians) drink tea. If christians opened up more teahouses, we would have a much more relaxing time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a legalistic mormon or SDA who thinks coffee is evil. Just what I've observed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Blue Bottle! It's celestial.

There are also many local coffee shops and vendors in LA that are amazing and sell their beans. If anyone else is from here, be on the lookout for Alana's Coffee that is available at farmers markets around the Westside. :)

Upvote 0