Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you to all the prayed for my procedure today. No cancer was detected. Snow is holding off till noon. Just a lot of rest today.
Dear Heavenly Father,
We come before the throne with confidence that you will give Sampa and her mother safe travels to and from the hospital. Plus we know you will give the hospital staff clear minds to complete the procedure and we pray for complete and total recovery and make her stronger that ever. In your son's name we pray and give you all the glory...Amen!
What a wonderful prayer and I can tell by your prayer that you are a godly Man.

@Saucy thank you also!

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you to all the prayed for my procedure today. No cancer was detected. Snow is holding off till noon. Just a lot of rest today.

@Saucy thank you also!

Definitely good to hear, Miss Sampa. Rest well, as you always seem to be active every other day. ^-^

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
She said once that she could see mine, as well. ... Somehow I think she really can. ^-^

If I told you how you’d know my superpower. :cool1:

But truthfully, its a combination of observation and listening with a smattering of intuition. You have to let the other speak without imposing your impressions or experiences upon them. Just sit back and receive. That’s how you hear them and discover the facets others overlook or never encounter. That’s when you see their beauty.

Sometimes I articulate it through encouragement or terms of endearment. I’m testifying to their specialness or qualities they don’t acknowledge. It’s more than words its a mirror. A gentle way of saying, do you see what I see? Many times they haven’t until then. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Definitely good to hear, Miss Sampa. Rest well, as you always seem to be active every other day. ^-^
Thank you! Just woke up from a 3-hour nap. Looks like I will need to get some good rest tonight because I could be in a snow plow truck tomorrow. I have a busy day already planned but my mom was telling me that I need to focus on being in a plow truck. The weather forecast keeps shifting, I don't see snow in the forecast for tomorrow but we shall see. It's winter.:frozen2:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I tried 15 times to make my YouTube video tonight, but I just couldn't get it to work. Putting it away until tomorrow. I'm just mentally tired.

Also, had a job interview today! Prayers appreciated!

Kwilson

Nov 5, 2022
West Coast
✟25,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you, Sampa! I have much room for improvement on being a Godly man. But thank you again. I am just glad all went well for you today.

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There's an interesting discussion going on in one of my Facebook groups. If one is treating the operation of a weed eater as a verb, is the past tense of that verb "weed ate", and if not, what is it? ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another praise! My podiatrist said my plantar fasciitis rupture is healed. It's the scar tissue that makes the nerves more sensitive, why I'm still hurting. But in time that should go away. Hopefully February I can do exercise walking again.

Also I think I just learned that my podiatrist is a Christian. He asked about Thanksgiving plans and when he mentioned one of his kids going to South America I asked why. For some reason I was thinking maybe for missionary work but he didn't answer that way. But then when talking further he went into a story about his daughter being in college and studying abroad. While she was on her spring break there she met up her future husband. They dated for a month when they got back a year later they both happen to be in another country at the same time. They dated for 2 months. About 2 years later she was working at some book place and he happened to be working at the same location too. They hadn't been dating seriously the years prior, just Christian groups that got together, and the guy said I think we need to have a real dinner and that God is saying something. The rest is history!:love2::love:

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Food prices keep going up. Thankful that there are things out there for discounts but you really have to shop. Today I used a $5 off of $20 purchase at a grocery store from my bank card. Another credit card had $25 back with $50 purchase at Kroger. And I have another credit card that offered me 5% off at grocery stores.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟240,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Food prices keep going up. Thankful that there are things out there for discounts but you really have to shop. Today I used a $5 off of $20 purchase at a grocery store from my bank card. Another credit card had $25 back with $50 purchase at Kroger. And I have another credit card that offered me 5% off at grocery stores.
It's getting bad. Thankfully for the next two months I get grocery discounts, thanks to being a Walmart associate. But after New Year's, the grocery discounts stop until Novermber comes around again.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's getting bad. Thankfully for the next two months I get grocery discounts, thanks to being a Walmart associate. But after New Year's, the grocery discounts stop until Novermber comes around again.
I should bump the thread that has for ways to save money. One of my credit cards has a deal that I get $10 back if I spend $80 at Target or Walmart. Every credit card has a section that has offers but you have to activate the discounts.

Sometimes fast food, sometimes Starbucks there's all kinds. But it is work just like digital coupons can be work.

I'm glad that you're getting some kind of discount from walmart. It's very much needed during these times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

They’re not coming down and there’s more to come next year. We had a lot of crop failures and you’ll see that reflected at the store.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry for always whining & complaining, but I HAVE to say this.

Public schools are completely terrible. I went to a 'good' one & absolutely hated it. When I reflect on it now, I can see all the problems. I'm sure private schools have their own share of issues, but the reality is during your developmental years, you want to be put in a good spot or you'll be in trouble the rest of your life.

4 year universites aren't much better. You can learn everything they teach you online or in a library. They don't teach you anything relevant to what you want to do. Half of it is just a repeat of high school but a little faster & maybe a little different spin on it depending on the subject. It's time to reject 4 year universites. I liked my time at university better than high school, but it still wasn't great. I liked the independence of course, but I would never encourage anyone to go to a 4 year university unless they want to become a Doctor or Lawyer, for example. Other professions like Teaching aren't worth it paywise & 'fun' professions can be very competitive.
I'd encourage everyone to get a 2 years Associates at their local community college & go from there, gaining work XP as much as you can, trying to move up the ranks as quick as you can, doing a bit of job jumping from job to job, department to department, industry to industry, etc. If you really need a Bachelor's, the door will open. Work experience is more valuable, that's what employers want.
And you're starting to see this. Most universities are struggling now outside of the big state flagships & some of the more wealthy private colleges. The other schools are simply raising tuition, so the value of your degree is going down but you're paying more for it. A lot of people think it's only a matter of time before more of the smaller public's start consolidating, & some privates are closing too. These schools are absolutely bloated. But instead of cutting back, they only spend more, & that means raising tuition more. They're killing themselves. It's a total bubble waiting to pop but probably won't b/c somehow they never seem to run out of $$$ even tho these schools get deeper & deeper into debt.

Plus I know a lot of grads who graduated & then expect to make 6 figures out of the gate after they graduate. They expect to be upper tier boss. I try telling them you have to work your way up, even w/ a degree, but they refuse that. I understand money can be hard, but there's ways to make it. Show up, do your stuff, do it good, & in a few years you'll be making better money. Instead they complain everything is rigged against them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Before you make any decisions look at the forecasts for the next two years and 2030. Once digital currency is implemented everything will change.

Currently, the Federal Reserve predicts the national unemployment rate will reach 4.1% in 2024, but the Brookings team argues that the Fed will need to push it "far higher" in order to bring inflation down to its 2% target, which it wanted for the end of 2024. —The Scariest Economic Paper

The Fed forecasts the unemployment rate to rise to 4.4% next year, from 3.7% today — a number that implies an additional 1.2 million people losing their jobs. —Buckle Up America: The Fed Plans to Sharply Boost Unemployment

If you don’t have a side hustle its a good time to start. Diversifying your income fills in the gap when the unexpected happens. If you lose your job you’ll have something in place to carry you. As the articles demonstrate, hard times are on the horizon.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0