Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Being single is the worst!
What is even worse is when you don't have friends that want your company and equally seek out to be with you. I have a few friends but they are always busy with other people I have to call them and try and work around their schedule just to hang out with them. About the only solution to this is getting married to someone that loves your company so you won't have to bug people to hang out with you as (to me) it feels like you are forcing yourself on others and I feel somewhat less relaxed around people that won't visit me just once a year even when they are invited to. I guess I wonder if my personality is defective, perhaps I'm overbearing and egotistical and have bad breath and unseen pimples or something.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is even worse is when you don't have friends that want your company and equally seek out to be with you. I have a few friends but they are always busy with other people I have to call them and try and work around their schedule just to hang out with them. About the only solution to this is getting married to someone that loves your company so you won't have to bug people to hang out with you as (to me) it feels like you are forcing yourself on others and I feel somewhat less relaxed around people that won't visit me just once a year even when they are invited to. I guess I wonder if my personality is defective, perhaps I'm overbearing and egotistical and have bad breath and unseen pimples or something.
I didn't know you wanted GF/marriage too. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes, I wish I followed sports. I rarely keep up with scores, who's playing on what team, etc. We were discussing weekend plans at work, and I mentioned mountain biking and an R/C NSX that I'm building. Not that those are my only plans, but still. Those involve outdoor activity, and about as close as I get to following sports. If it rains, then I'll probably do things like practice music and sketch.

Then again, @One Old Soul mentioned listening to baseball. Something I occasionally listened to in the past, on an old AM radio that belonged to my grandfather. The slow pace of the game works well with narration, painting a clear picture of what's going on. Considering the fact that I pulled the same radio out of a closet the other day, maybe I'll see if it still works and if I can tune into a game.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love sports. I’m terribly inathletic but still love sports anyways. I find watching a game much more relaxing than a 2-hour movie or 50+ episode TV show. Especially after work.

I have blind family members that love listening to baseball on the radio.

Football is my favorite tho. Hockey used to be, but I feel like I’m getting older b/c now I feel like it’s getting too fast for my eyes to keep up! I primarily watch the Big 4 (baseball, hockey, football, & basketball) but occasionally catch soccer or golf.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Still need to get Disney+ set up. They market it for the newer stuff, & I think that’s what people mostly watch, but all the newer stuff sounds so bad. TBH I want it for all the older stuff.
Yeah some of the new wokenated stuff is said to be so bad that people would rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Islands than them.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0