United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Phantom Tollbooth?
Just saw this. That would've been a good choice!

Was trying to find something in non-fiction, but everything was politically motivated. I think I'll just go to the local Christian bookstore & buy something there. :)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just noticed, sitting in the backyard, that a deer running through the woods is much quieter than a squirrel. I'll hear something coming through the woods that sounds like Bigfoot, and it will be a squirrel. :confused:

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I just noticed, sitting in the backyard, that a deer running through the woods is much quieter than a squirrel. I'll hear something coming through the woods that sounds like Bigfoot, and it will be a squirrel. :confused:
maybe it is because deer have a smaller tail that isn't dragging

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I find it interesting that sometimes people here something somewhat upsetting don't say "oh squirrel" but rather say "oh deer".

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
maybe it is because deer have a smaller tail that isn't dragging

Yeah, I think that's probably right. Also, I think squirrels make a lot of noise scrounging through the leaves. Still, it's pretty funny to me how much noise they make. I've been fooled a number of times locking for something much bigger.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think one of the reasons the Internet is so hostile is b/c people often use memes that’s sole purpose is to ridicule or mock the opponent. These often include pictures that ‘trigger.’ These don’t contribute anything other than to rile the opponent up. A picture’s worth a thousand words. You can’t just flash an ‘offensive’ picture in flesh-and-blood conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Maybe it's Bigfoot pretending to be a squirrel.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I think one of the reasons the Internet is so hostile is b/c people often use memes that’s sole purpose is to ridicule or mock the opponent. These often include pictures that ‘trigger.’ These don’t contribute anything other than to rile the opponent up. A picture’s worth a thousand words. You can’t just flash an ‘offensive’ picture in flesh-and-blood conversation.
Several reasons it is mean.
1)anonymity. In some cases nobody knows it is you but the forum itself if you are required to give an identity and can't figure out how to give a false one. People that think that they won't get caught for doing things, tend to be more apt to do them, our human nature to sin.
2)no direct contact. When you are in public people can get in your face where you are the physical presence can be intimidating and often there are peers around that can discourage you from wrong deeds. Online if nobody is spying on you, the only ones stopping you from acting out is the places you are on social media.
3)group mentality. When everyone around you is screaming things at someone and few are standing up to it then you either want to get out of there, be quiet, or are swarmed by those disagreeing with you.
4)moderation that encourages certain types of bad behavior and discourages countering behavior to it. People see that they can attack others and when they likewise attack back they are censored or banned which more than renders their attack ineffective. One could say that certain sites are safe havens for bad behavior (meanness).
5)Ungodliness abounds. God is nowhere anywhere online to speak of and when people do counter arguments with God as a standard they are attacked, censored, and banned into oblivion.

When the majority of people hate God then hate is what their civilization devolves to. We don't hear of any other "good" nation in history that hated God. Those who deny God a honorable place in society at least have a sense of honor, those who ban him, ban honor and without honor people don't respect one another and being mean without good cause is what happens.

• Agree
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Coffee is getting expensive :disrelieved:
Especially decent-quality whole bean coffee, to which I am accustomed.
I'll have to find a place where I can get it in bulk for a better price.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I guess I'm lucky I don't like coffee. My cheap ice tea mix is one of the few things that have not gone up in price in the stores. I do see a trend online of everyone starting coffee companies selling them but not sure of a good price of it for how much at all.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks.
I got my answer today. I saw her kissing her guy. That leaves very little for interpretation.
So it's back to reality for me.

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Amen. Praise be to God.
Reality sucks as do leftover women that are damaged and have kids already and divorced and still chase bad boys.

Reactions: Vinter
Upvote 0