Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I wish people would stop being so easily led. Can't they see that Trump is basically just Jay from The Inbetweeners?

Haha he really is. I bet he's claimed at one point that his Dad used to steal Ferraris for the mafia too

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So, they got my newest bike...

Good news is it was on the property where I work and the boss is gonna file a claim.

But that was My custom "Green Machine" and I have been on the hunt.

• Prayers
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No conservative would back Kamala.

Maybe. I don't know too much about her. I just thought the left would come in droves compared to the right to vote against Trump.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe. I don't know too much about her. I just thought the left would come in droves compared to the right to vote against Trump.

Each side has staunch supporters who’ll stand with them. That’s true for any cause. ;)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Each side has staunch supporters who’ll stand with them. That’s true for any cause. ;)

Yeah, but I thought he'd have lost a lot of them. My father is one of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, but I thought he'd have lost a lot of them. My father is one of them.

You have to separate the man from the message. The message resonates with the populace he targets. That’s how marketing works. But the person behind the message is another matter.

The more money you have the narrower your social circle. No one’s giving a guy $100M for a campaign without something in return. Because ROI is a staple of the wealthy. And power hungry people hang on their coattails.

That’s why you see photos of him with former friends turned enemies. They run in the same circles. Where they differ from the rest is this. They can slug it out on television and go have drinks afterward. Business is business. The gloves can come off but that doesn’t infringe on personal relationships.

Whereas most people would have difficulty doing the same. The offense would be hard to set aside. You need a hearty dose of indifference to pull it off and politicians have it in spades. People waste their breath arguing for this one and that one and they could care less.

You don’t get an audience at that tier by being a Robin Hood or do-gooder. That may be your spiel to get elected. But you have to pay the piper.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Saw yet another one of these 'entrepreneurial' Instagram millionaires pop up in my feed just now - he was claiming to have gone from 'homeless to millionaire' and his page was just sodden with inspirational quotes and travel pictures. I was curious, so I thought "what the hell?" Let's do a search on the Companies House website...

Within seconds I dig up the Statement of Affairs, and see that the guy in question was actually terminated from the company he claimed to OWN back in January. The company has subsequently filed for liquidation with debts exceeding £800,000.

Didn't enjoy that at all - wish I'd just skimmed by and moved on to be honest. What is social media doing to people?! Awful.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is social media doing to people?! Awful.

Social media isn't doing a thing to anyone. It exposes what's there. Much like the women complaining about tidy homes and food in their feed. They'd have the same if they didn't spend the day talking on Facebook. But it isn't a priority. Instead of admitting the truth they say they're pressured, judged, etc.

The guy you saw is a shyster. The website confirmed his duplicity. Some confused soul will listen to him. That's the sad part.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Social media isn't doing a thing to anyone. It exposes what's there. Much like the women complaining about tidy homes and food in their feed. They'd have the same if they didn't spend the day talking on Facebook. But it isn't a priority. Instead of admitting the truth they say they're pressured, judged, etc.

The guy you saw is a shyster. The website confirmed his duplicity. Some confused soul will listen to him. That's the sad part.

Come to think of it, he's just a Chris Gardner rip off - I don't know WHO he thinks he's fooling. Unbelievable.

The only thing social media has done for me is connect with people that I otherwise wouldn't have met - especially within the craft beer community. A brewery even posted one of my OWN quotes on one of their cans, which was pretty cool. Besides that though, I prefer the old days. (This wasn't an insightful quote, it was an ode to mosaic hops.)

I'm fortunate in some ways that ALL of my long term girlfriends were pre-social media. It just makes couples paranoid if you ask me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Come to think of it, he's just a Chris Gardner rip off - I don't know WHO he thinks he's fooling. Unbelievable.

It's probable he'll deceive others. But hopefully, not for long.

The only thing social media has done for me is connect with people that I otherwise wouldn't have met - especially within the craft beer community. A brewery even posted one of my OWN quotes on one of their cans, which was pretty cool. Besides that though, I prefer the old days. (This wasn't an insightful quote, it was an ode to mosaic hops.)

Social media can be used as a tool for growth or self-destruction. You determine your course. You've shared a positive result. That's what you're about. Others can experience the same.

I'm fortunate in some ways that ALL of my long term girlfriends were pre-social media. It just makes couples paranoid if you ask me.

Paranoid in what way?

I believe couples should agree on social media boundaries and exposure upfront. Before you share a snap or story. Set parameters both will maintain.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@cara-mia Sound familiar? You know I laughed. :heart::purpleheart:

9C1F7E02-6042-4145-BED5-DCB524598B07.jpeg

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@cara-mia,

December looks doable. We should hear something in a week and she'll schedule a call. We need to consider our focus beforehand. It will come up in the call. I think 3-6 possibilities is best. Particularly where accountability is lacking. I have two in mind and I'm considering a third. We should figure it out today. The holidays are coming.

Upvote 0