Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. :) I only hope she would not be ... put off, shall I say ... by our age difference. I didn't even think of it when I first started feeling so warmhearted towards Erin, but, it's true that she is only 2/3 my age. And while still young myself, and being a guy, I can see that possibly being frowned upon even in today's generally more accepting society. No ones raises an eyebrow at an elderly married couple who are 12 years apart in age, even if it's the guy who is the older one, but if they first got married in their thirties or something? .... Ah, perhaps I am being too cynical here in my thoughts, and besides, I am most confident that my crush on her is innocent. :)

As for what you were saying in your thread about friendship advice, you are trying, I know that, but now that this friend has come back and unblocked you, you will simply have to try and not be so pushy - however well-meaning it is - from now on, and not, perhaps, immediately think the worst and need to fix whatever problem you might see in your mind right away by trying to get her to open up just because she might go silent for a while, you know? I understand the anxiety that can cause, to where you just feel you have to find out what's wrong, if there is anything wrong at all (and almost always there isn't), but still, you will just have to try not to let that get to you, okay?:angel:

As long as she's over 18, who cares what others think. Biologically it is natural for men to prefer younger women. Just a messed up feminist society that has convinced men that liking younger women is "weird" and that we must be "psychologically" damaged for it.. lol.

Although if Madonna pals around with a much younger guy she's "empowered" and its suddenly not "creepy" at all. Even when she kisses younger men without their permission. No metoo anywhere to be found.. lol.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,003,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. :) I only hope she would not be ... put off, shall I say ... by our age difference. I didn't even think of it when I first started feeling so warmhearted towards Erin, but, it's true that she is only 2/3 my age. And while still young myself, and being a guy, I can see that possibly being frowned upon even in today's generally more accepting society. No ones raises an eyebrow at an elderly married couple who are 12 years apart in age, even if it's the guy who is the older one, but if they first got married in their thirties or something? .... Ah, perhaps I am being too cynical here in my thoughts, and besides, I am most confident that my crush on her is innocent. :)

As for what you were saying in your thread about friendship advice, you are trying, I know that, but now that this friend has come back and unblocked you, you will simply have to try and not be so pushy - however well-meaning it is - from now on, and not, perhaps, immediately think the worst and need to fix whatever problem you might see in your mind right away by trying to get her to open up just because she might go silent for a while, you know? I understand the anxiety that can cause, to where you just feel you have to find out what's wrong, if there is anything wrong at all (and almost always there isn't), but still, you will just have to try not to let that get to you, okay?:angel:

Wow. That is one heck of an age difference. It actually makes me nervous about your chances. :(

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟989,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It actually makes me nervous about your chances.

It'll be all right. Like I said, even if she turns me down, I am confident we can still go on getting along as well as we do now. She's just so danged cute it's impossible to imagine her ever being cruel for any reason. And as I also once said here if I remember, there are two other people I work with who attest to her being really sweet as they work around her more than I am able to.

Even so with the age difference, I still feel like I am on her level when conversing with her, like I am just fresh and out of college too, like she is. It helps that I somehow have maintained a positive attitude about "not feeling too old" for anything (despite my small concern earlier about society not looking at my hanging around a younger lady very favorably), and that while I am not very physically attractive, I still look at least ten years younger than I really am. ^-^
All in the mind-set. You just have to be like, "hey, I'm still a kid at heart. Nothin' wrong with having the ideals that I do, no matter how childlike they might seem to some others". :cool1:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess my father will be discharged from the nursing home. He's come a long way. From being in a medically induced coma for about a month, to doctors thinking he'd need dialysis and oxygen tanks for the rest of his life and a feeding tube he doesn't need any of that now. Apparently hundreds of doctors were seeing him and most thought he'd die.

It will probably further bolster his faith in Christianity. Which if it gives him more hope, that's good enough for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟989,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:notlistening:Right now I dont want to listen to the debate going on in my household. Current debate being nature vs. nurture. :notlistening: Please be quiet :sadd:

I hear ya, sister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,077.00
Faith
Christian
There was a guy in my street sectioned this morning.

He wasn't the best mentally as it was, but I'll tell ya, these disgustingly dark thoughts have got to the best of us at times. I can't imagine what he must have been going through. Ambulances called, police there, the lot.

Lockdown, is now definitely taking its toll. Healthy lungs are important, sure - but they're just as much so as a healthy mind. We've simply GOT to learn from this. A uniform lockdown can never happen again. It's about as efficient as a glass hammer.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Happy Easter!

9d4a3a95460f93c3ccc85487ac363ee8.jpg

We've officially been under a stay-at-home order for two weeks now; it's been a surreal experience. So far it looks like there's no end in sight, and that this order may continue to be extended indefinitely. Most people in my area however seem to be handling it relatively well, and are very friendly even out in public, which is surprising.

Surreal is a good word for it. I've been working from home since mid March, and rarely leave my property. Who knows how long this will continue. The cat keeps me company, and I've been practicing guitar a lot. Between my day job and volunteer work, however, I've been surprisingly busy considering the circumstances.

Fortunately, most people do seem to be making the best of the situation. We're concerned about our communities and extended families. There does seem to be a vibe of friendliness in these trying times.

Praying for everyone's safety, and for healing and comfort to those struggling with this virus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Surreal is a good word for it. I've been working from home since mid March, and rarely leave my property. Who knows how long this will continue. The cat keeps me company, and I've been practicing guitar a lot. Between my day job and volunteer work, however, I've been surprisingly busy considering the circumstances.

Fortunately, most people do seem to be making the best of the situation. We're concerned about our communities and extended families. There does seem to be a vibe of friendliness in these trying times.

Praying for everyone's safety, and for healing and comfort to those struggling with this virus.
Hopefully we're able to lift these restrictions soon, or at least begin to lift them gradually. If people are forced to isolate much longer, it could get hairy.

How is everyone else holding up?

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0