✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does trolling in a website mean?
Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.

(Source: Urbandictionary)

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Starnchrist

Queen_E Formerly Soldier <3
Jul 7, 2010
New York
✟12,690.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.

(Source: Urbandictionary)

Thanks. :) I never really understood it.

Upvote 0

Starnchrist

Queen_E Formerly Soldier <3
Jul 7, 2010
New York
✟12,690.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It's been deader than a door nail in here. I would have thought the social distancing and everything would have caused an uptick in CF Single posters.
I would of thought so myself.

• Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We've officially been under a stay-at-home order for two weeks now; it's been a surreal experience. So far it looks like there's no end in sight, and that this order may continue to be extended indefinitely. Most people in my area however seem to be handling it relatively well, and are very friendly even out in public, which is surprising.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We've officially been under a stay-at-home order for two weeks now; it's been a surreal experience. So far it looks like there's no end in sight, and that this order may continue to be extended indefinitely. Most people in my area however seem to be handling it relatively well, and are very friendly even out in public, which is surprising.

I would say I am fortunate to still be able to pretty much come and go as I please where I am, then, other than across state lines. To be able to still work and all without restriction. While the population of my city is only 11000, it does seem like we're one of the lucky ones with only 4 confirmed cases of the virus so far in the entire county, at least as far as I heard it a few days ago.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We have about 10 cases in the county I live in,and we did have a travel ban across state lines
for a day or two but no longer. The only places I have been really are a couple grocery stores and a couple restaurants to get food to go.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
The best thing about lockdown is the focus you'll get. Eventually, the novelty of unlimited YouTube and Netflix wears off, and you'll actually WANT to crack on with the things you'd usually procrastinate from. Two weeks in, and I'm more disciplined than I have been in years.

The mid to late 2010's were a bit of a jamboree for me - I was having too much fun and achieving half of what I could have. Sure, a lot of it was life affirming and life enhancing, but it wasn't making me any bacon. I was, in essence, the ultimate consumer. This pandemic - for all of its misery, does bear some green shoots.

I haven't had a drink or a smoke in three weeks either. It's all focus now.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I've been wondering how our buddy Wayholka is doing. He left us in order to be more connected to his church family, but many churches have been shutting down for now over the virus...

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I've been wondering how our buddy Wayholka is doing. He left us in order to be more connected to his church family, but many churches have been shutting down for now over the virus...

He used to indulge some pretty dark thoughts, I hope he hasn't done something stupid. That's all I can say.

I know I sound a bit crude there, but I've honestly seen it happen before in my forum lifetime. (It wasn't here.) That's why I get the heebie-jeebies every time I see a "goodbye" thread. A guy I knew once, meant it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've felt more connected to God lately through all the livestream bible studys and
especially am enjoying the zoom video chat one.

That's good to hear, Nicole. I do remember that at some points in the last couple of years you appeared to be particularly concerned about growing closer to God in your personal relationship with Him. :) Any sermons or lessons in particular that helped you, may I ask? What were they about?

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A nice little memory, however momentary it was, earlier this morning as I was about to leave work.

There's an area just outside the lab building where I work called a breezeway. Well lit so we can make our way through it at nighttime (such as then, about 5 in the morning when it is still dark) either coming or going to work without the possibility of bumping into some rather delicate objects that are set up along the walls of the breezeway and help us operate our instruments back inside. ^_^

As I have been occasionally wont to do on nights when there isn't much labwork, I got bored enough to spend the last fifteen to twenty minutes of the shift sweeping out the months of dirt and trash that have accumulated on the floor of the breezeway (it's probably a good eighty feet in length). The B crew was to be coming into work for the day shift this particular morning, and so, I met most of them coming through the breezeway from their cars and into the lab building. ... One of them, of course, is the lady I am crushing on, Erin. She softly but cheerfully says good morning, and I respond in kind, knightly reflexes kicking in just quickly enough to slightly lower my head in a lighthearted gesture of respect and stand to the side a bit to allow her through as she smiles and delicately steps by, all "oh, please excuse me". I suppose the broom in my hand at the time could have substituted for a sword being held in that common pose that you might see knights doing looking all stoic and honorable and stuff. ^_^

I will tell her soon. I just think it is still too early to do so right now considering what she revealed to me of her personal life in previous conversations, to be considered sensitive toward her. But I wonder if my sometimes slightly outward giddiness in my fondness for her will end up betraying me too soon, and she will at least suspect something if not outright know.:sohappy:

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0