Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's good to hear, Nicole. I do remember that at some points in the last couple of years you appeared to be particularly concerned about growing closer to God in your personal relationship with Him. :) Any sermons or lessons in particular that helped you, may I ask? What were they about?

Well When I was struggling with being a good friend to someone
there was a bible study on friendship and being a good friend last week for instance,Also
when I was having trouble sleeping last week for a couple days worrying about that friendship the pastors sermon sunday was on sleeping in a storm.That really spoke to me.It just seems like lately Gods been speaking to me more and drawing me closer to him.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hope it continues for you, then. :)
Thanks and btw can you check out my new threads? I wrote a praise report and another one in friendship advice.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks sarahsknight that is sweet of you. I'm super relieved to have a job where I can work 100% from home during the shutdown. I've been putting in the required number of hours at work. I would be putting in more hours but I've been super worried about the coronavirus killing my parents. They will probably be fine but they are 63 and each one of them has one underlying condition. What about you? How have you been? What is going on in your life?

That is good you can still work in spite of these times. As you could see above, I too am even so lucky as to be able to still come and go freely from home to work in my particular field, so I don't even have to worry about the possibility of getting cabin fever or something, so I am fortunate. But please try not to worry too much about your parents. :angel: So long as they are following basic precautions, surely the odds of them getting the virus are still very low, even as much of a problem as it has persisted in being to us right now. My own parents are each 60 and 61, quite close to yours. :)

As for what is going on in my life, well .... you could see for yourself in my last several posts in this and/or the crush thread what has sort of been the highlight of my life in the last few months. ^_^ The cute girl at work.

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so what did you think of my posts sarahs knight?

I am looking right now. Sorry, was busy the whole time since you asked because Miss Sea came into the thread. ^-^

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am looking right now. Sorry, was busy the whole time since you asked because Miss Sea came into the thread. ^-^

Its ok,No big deal.Btw good luck with that girl you are crushing on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its ok,No big deal.Btw good luck with that girl you are crushing on.

Thanks. :) I only hope she would not be ... put off, shall I say ... by our age difference. I didn't even think of it when I first started feeling so warmhearted towards Erin, but, it's true that she is only 2/3 my age. And while still young myself, and being a guy, I can see that possibly being frowned upon even in today's generally more accepting society. No ones raises an eyebrow at an elderly married couple who are 12 years apart in age, even if it's the guy who is the older one, but if they first got married in their thirties or something? .... Ah, perhaps I am being too cynical here in my thoughts, and besides, I am most confident that my crush on her is innocent. :)

As for what you were saying in your thread about friendship advice, you are trying, I know that, but now that this friend has come back and unblocked you, you will simply have to try and not be so pushy - however well-meaning it is - from now on, and not, perhaps, immediately think the worst and need to fix whatever problem you might see in your mind right away by trying to get her to open up just because she might go silent for a while, you know? I understand the anxiety that can cause, to where you just feel you have to find out what's wrong, if there is anything wrong at all (and almost always there isn't), but still, you will just have to try not to let that get to you, okay?:angel:

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks. :) I only hope she would not be ... put off, shall I say ... by our age difference. I didn't even think of it when I first started feeling so warmhearted towards Erin, but, it's true that she is only 2/3 my age. And while still young myself, and being a guy, I can see that possibly being frowned upon even in today's generally more accepting society. No ones raises an eyebrow at an elderly married couple who are 12 years apart in age, even if it's the guy who is the older one, but if they first got married in their thirties or something? .... Ah, perhaps I am being too cynical here in my thoughts, and besides, I am most confident that my crush on her is innocent. :)

As for what you were saying in your thread about friendship advice, you are trying, I know that, but now that this friend has come back and unblocked you, you will simply have to try and not be so pushy - however well-meaning it is - from now on, and not, perhaps, immediately think the worst and need to fix whatever problem you might see in your mind right away by trying to get her to open up just because she might go silent for a while, you know? I understand the anxiety that can cause, to where you just feel you have to find out what's wrong, if there is anything wrong at all (and almost always there isn't), but still, you will just have to try not to let that get to you, okay?:angel:

I wouldn't worry too much about the age difference,I dont think thats really much of a big deal.

Thanks for your advice about my friend and its only been a day since she unblocked me and so
far I have been doing ok I think. Its tough to not want to chat with her whenever I see her online though since I missed her. However I keep reminding myself thats what got me into trouble in the first place was being too pushy and demanding with her.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On my mother's side my grandpa was 15 years older than grandma I think? And she got married when she was in her twenties if I remember correctly? I think the important part is that both are good to each other.

Indeed it is.

I need to take my own advice that I basically gave to Sunshine and not be so self-conscious about it, shouldn't I? ^-^

For all I know, Erin will not mind at all. Even if she turns me down, I am positive she will be polite and kind about it at the very least. :)

Upvote 0