Magnolia, AR
✟981,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Given the stress she’s undergone, this may be the Lord’s doing. Many prayers have been offered on her behalf and hopefully you’ll keep in touch. It is my hope that her new position will be fulfilling and the environment equally so. :)

~Bella

We spoke at length when I first came to work this evening, Lady Bella. Heidi seems well and assured of a new path God has laid out for her. Surely it was no accident that she had to stay over two hours today, into the night shift, and that I myself had only 1/3 of the normal amount of work to do tonight (so that I was free at the beginning of the shift), so that we would have this free time to converse. Even though I can no longer see her in person by the end of this month, we will always be friends, I imagine. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,608.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Just thinking/typing out loud...

Can large age gaps work when age isn't the focus? I wouldn't date someone *because* she's younger, for instance, and I wouldn't want to be dated *because* I'm older, but there often seems to be a sizeable age gap between myself and the women I get along with best. Sometimes, she's older than me but there's still usually a considerable difference in age.

The answer, as far as I can tell, is yes... but finding somebody on the same page is important.

I think age gaps tend to matter less the older you get. There is someone who I get along really well with and with whom I have more interests in common than most women I've encountered in my failed attempts at dating, but she's 15 years younger than me, and that feels a bit too awkward to me. However, if we were both 10 years older then I don't think the age difference would be that much of a problem (although her currently having a boyfriend would...). I'd be lot more comfortable being 50 and dating a 35 year old than our current ages of 40 and 25.

So right now I'd tend to go for with a few years of my age as we're more likely to be at similar places in our lives, and having had the same sort of experiences growing up with things like technology and pop culture we would have some common ground than if it were a bigger gap. I wouldn't necessarily rule out that bigger gap though, but I think the circumstances would have to be just right.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
> Neighbor starts blasting Tupac again for the third morning within the past few days.
> I bring out my stage amplifier and blast a sermon jam right back at him at full volume.

> Neighbor turns down his volume.

:hrelax:

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've since I tried to become nicer I've only become more bland and depressed.

Part of me thinks it's still a noble effort, but if I am not going to be treated with the same equality and respect.. there isn't any point to it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such a masochistic fool I am..

Ideally women should keep their mouths shut what they find attractive and not attractive.. and men should keep their mouths shut the same..

But if one opens their mouth, equality demands the other should be able to open their mouth too. Arguing otherwise.. is probably arguing for feminism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I appreciate the sentiment.. but I don't need or deserve a hug.

I'm not even sure how I feel right now.. I probably shouldn't delve back in to my old hyper anger ways where I only look for the worst in others.. still.. I don't see why I should tolerate those who want to treat me unequally.. its not like these things don't exist.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn’t take away the sheepish grins, the twinkle in their eyes, or satisfaction they felt in knowing they pleased me.

Just us guys being guys, Lady Bella. ^-^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that’s true. The carpet and painting crews were equally helpful. I ordered pizza for lunch. They’re on a tight schedule and have done a great deal.

It seems as though you charmed them, however. ^_^ Just by being accommodating and grateful for their work. We would be foolish to ask for much more from a lady. ..... And pizza. Pizza always wins our hearts.:D

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
I'm starting to think trying to be a nicer guy was not a good idea.

Equality isn't being met.. and I never turned into some feeble submissive male feminist.

Being "nice" to me, means shooting straight and being 100% honest. Being nice and being fake are often confused with one another.

To be good, is often most people's idea of being bad. That's not a problem with you, it's a trend that exists in today's society of snowflakes.

• Agree
Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Showing your appreciation and passing on the same to their employer means a lot.

Of course. It's just that I also find it charming. That's just me. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0