• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Miles, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,566
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Maybe we did? Lol..

2. Noxot

Noxot tohu and bohu Supporter

+2,035
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Well I have no clue how to have a moving gif Avatar. Surely one of the greater technomages understands.

3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I’m almost afraid to ask where you’ve been. ;-)

4. MrMoe

MrMoe Part-Time Breatharian

+2,777
    Christian
    Single
    I have a few questions.

How do you stop procrastinating? I've been procrastinating on a few things and I always seem to forget or put it off because something else gets my attention.

How do I convince my mother to let me fast for an entire week? I did it once, years ago and want to do it again but my mom doesn't like the idea of me going without food for a whole week.

5. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,814
    Christian
    ALL procrastination stems from stress. I used to get it a LOT when I told myself to work hard - my solution, DON'T work hard. It's completely unnecessary. Just enjoy yourself, and say something like "I GET to do this" rather than "I HAVE to do this." Trust me, this works. Don't try and get organised and carry notes and reminders around everywhere either, because it just makes it worse.

And don't judge your achievements with results. The ONLY achievement that matters is satisfaction, and if that comes from a toasted hot pocket then so be it - it's as much as an achievement as anything else in this world. Unless of course you're fasting...

And on the subject of fasting, you're just going to have to convince your mother that you're doing it for a purpose and you're not just starving yourself. I used to fast too - especially when I was going through major life transitions and wanted to focus all of my energy on prayer (eating actually consumes a lot of energy funnily enough.)

She probably won't like it, but she can't force feed you. If you've to do it you've got to do it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  6. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    There’s two types of procrastination: situational and chronic. If you’re always putting things off that’s another matter. You should pray for discipline and against laziness.

Set a deadline and tackle hard things first. This is called eating your frog. It was coined by Brian Tracy. Tracking your productivity helps if you prefer to see steady progress. You can use a task app if you’d like.

If you’re in the weeds and need an overhaul, The 12 Week Year approach is best.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,814
    Christian
    Laziness is always trying to tell you something, discipline will come after you've discovered what that message is. I think prayer, fasting and meditation would be a good thing to get him going. Even better if it's during a week's leave.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just looking at it from an abstract standpoint.

8. somebodysangel_88

somebodysangel_88 one day, I'll fly away. Supporter

+1,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    Hoping to relax sometime today as it's my birthday...

9. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Happy Birthday! May your day be filled with joy and peace. :)

10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That’s correct. That’s why I mentioned both forms of procrastination. Since he didn’t state if he’s putting off a specific task or avoiding everything.

I agree with a spiritual approach too. But I’m also aware of the necessity of backing that up with action. Once you take action you’ll discover the best system. A good way to combat this problem is to list your daily accomplishments. You’ll see your output and make adjustments as needed.

11. somebodysangel_88

+1,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    Thank you very much ^_^

12. Rene Loup

Rene Loup A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+12,558
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Happy Birthday, somebodysangel_88!

0faea4e81cfae9a4c81670ef5c239808.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Happy birthday, Somebodysangel! :oldthumbsup: Hope it's an awesome day for you.

angel_cake.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
  15. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My iPhone color is not in stock!!! They’re filling pre and phone orders first. Delivery is expected between October 8th and the 22nd.

4DB2D847-7940-44E3-A0E3-9695F000B327.jpeg

16. somebodysangel_88

+1,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican

Thank you both :D I love both cakes ^_^

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+2,583
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yeah, I've seen another user with one.

18. Rene Loup

Rene Loup A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+12,558
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Saving up for that gold plated, gem encrusted Bible, @Brent W ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    upgradespam.jpg

Seems a little above average today. :eheh: