• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Miles, Jan 21, 2018.

1. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,566
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    One of my coworkers came back in after his shift to do some shopping, and he was wearing a shirt that said "I only drink beer on days that end in 'y'". I asked if that meant that he wouldn't be drinking any beer tomorrow because "tomorrow" ends with a "w" instead of "y":p

2. Miles

Miles Well-Known Member

+2,593
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Planning to ride a fun mtb trail this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+6,944
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    So I happen across this vid on YT of a girl named Erin reviewing some old NES accessory called the power pad, trying it out with a few games. I found it cute, informative, and entertaining. Three traits that each alone often make a YT vid good, much less a pleasant combination of all three. So I comment (amidst, keep in mind, a sea of comments where guys are obsessing over Erin's legs, so I don't exactly consider myself being lewd here in the least), quite innocently, "Cute, informative, AND entertaining. Well done, Erin. =) "

A day later I get a notice of some guy I don't know replying, "Thirst, creepy, AND weird. Well done, Virgin."

:sigh:

... The bitterness of some folk with their own personal lives that they must project upon some random person through YouTube trolling.

4. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,608
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Sorry to hear about that SK; you're comment certainly didn't come across in the way he was suggesting. I think you hit it spot on - he's projecting himself onto someone else.

I wouldn't take it personal, he's probably just looking for a random person to troll.

5. SarahsKnight

+6,944
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I know. Thanks. :)

6. MarkSB

MarkSB Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I wasn't expecting to like it, but Aquaman was a decent movie. A little over-the-top at times, but still a decent movie. In the old cartoons from the 80's I think Aquaman had a team of like 5 dolphins - but in this movie he commands like the entire ocean, including about 50,000 sharks, some sea dragons, and a cracken-like creature, lol. :D I'm not a comic book guy, so maybe that's the way it was in the comics, but it just seemed a little OTT at times. Having the subwoofer going with full bass also helped make it a more enjoyable experience. :D :sorry:

Some of the casting was a bit odd though, imo. Like the only black people that were in the movie (2 or 3 characters) were villains. It just seemed a little strange. I don't want to start an internet debate or anything - and I'm not one to get involved in controversies (I avoid them like the plague) - but it made me take notice. Its ok to have a black guy be one of the villains - but then also have some that are good guys. In this movie, all of the black people who were in it were villains. I'm not saying that there was any malicious intent there - it just seemed a bit odd.

But anywho - It's not the greatest movie, but if you like superhero movies to some degree, it's worth a watch.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  7. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,814
    Christian
    Well, back in the 1920's/30's being a gentleman was ACTUALLY a thing.

I hate how millennial's stigmatise being well mannered.

8. Citanul

Citanul Well, when exactly do you mean?

+2,197
    South Africa
    Methodist
    Single
    I've finished checking in for my flight to Germany. This time tomorrow I'll be on my way to my first overseas holiday in a long time. :airplane:

9. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,814
    Christian
    You can't go wrong with Germany. Some of those little towns (particularly on the Dutch border like Kleve) are just magnificent.

10. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+3,027
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I thought it was going to be a cheesy movie. It was cheesy but way better than I expected. I had a lot of fun watching it with my family. ^_^

That sounds fun! Have a great time!
    (I’m going on my first overseas trip this year too!)

11. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,562
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    A woman made fun of my height the other day.. Sadly for her she did not realize how much of a better insulter I am regarding female appearances than you'd find on something like Reddit/Red Pill or an Incel. I am always looking to modify and perfect the language and description of how vile a woman's appearance can be to deal the heaviest emotional blow.

It is funny. Occasionally I will see women engaging in their favorite past time of mocking shorter men, and other short men try to come up with insults to fling back but they never end up going anywhere. Then I step in and quickly these same women shut up and go away (I suspect many are quite pretty at the time too..). Never any apologies or anything, they usually just leave but still. Sometimes I really think I should be offering classes teaching men how to better verbally defend themselves. I will give women one thing. They're generally more empathetic and able to use those skills to provide more psychologically imagined damaging insults. While men are more blunt and less descriptive with theirs.

12. Rene Loup

Rene Loup A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+12,543
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    This is why I refrain from commenting on YouTube videos or any other comments section nowadays. You can post literally anything and people will try to pick a fight with you.

On a more positive note, at least it wasn't Donald Trump related. :ahah:

13. SarahsKnight

+6,944
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yeah, already started getting references to Trump and SJW's in one of my own videos, a simple clip from Married With Children that somehow went viral for about two weeks very recently.

14. Rene Loup

+12,543
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    If politics and religion are the Fat Man and Little Boy of the internet, Donald Trump is the friggin' Tsar Bomba!

15. MehGuy

+6,562
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    The 50 megaton one or the 100 megaton one was initially planned? Lol.

16. Rene Loup

+12,543
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Panel 1.jpg Panel 2.jpg Panel 3.jpg

17. SarahsKnight

+6,944
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    To my fellow lady knight @Multifavs ,

1b0811cf5b6b7b09acb6a1fd811dc1f5.jpg

I am sorry I missed your birthday yesterday, but thank you for being my friend, a good friend to all of us here, and for being the good lady knight watching my back and lifting others up before yourself.

18. Rene Loup

+12,543
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Shoot, it was her birthday yesterday??

Happy Belated Birthday, @Multifavs ! I hope it was a good one!

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. SarahsKnight

+6,944
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, and I in particular should have remembered, considering the gracious thing she did for me in remembrance of my own birthday the week before.

I would think everyone here would agree she has been a blessing to us all despite the faults she is kind and humble enough to have admitted to us to having.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. MehGuy

+6,562
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Man, it'll always be a tug of war regarding my anger.