Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's mainly just playing my Nintendo Switch. Only escapism I have right now. I have others... but this one seems to be the most immersive, lol.
Well I guess enjoy your brain being in neutral because tomorrow it will be fully engaged!!!!!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, I totally get that. I've tried hard over the past few years to try a few things and had to bail out early because I couldn't afford it. This is the first time it's God-centered, so I'm praying He will provide what I need to get it going.

What have you done in past? How did you go about it and what was too costly?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I totally get that. I've tried hard over the past few years to try a few things and had to bail out early because I couldn't afford it. This is the first time it's God-centered, so I'm praying He will provide what I need to get it going.
It's a lot. And it can be a lot of stress, too. There's one customer whose site is Christian, but he does not act Christian at all, and if he is Christian, he has utterly crapped on his witness to us by freaking the heck out and using all kinds of vile insults and language and accusations against us when we do things like ask for clarification of important details, or tell him the proper way to do what he wants to achieve on our servers is different from what he asked for. We keep notes of every interaction, and we don't share those unless they are subpoenaed. But if he's Catholic and his priest were to see them, I would be very interested to know what kind of penance he would have to do. I have a feeling it would be long and very unpleasant.

Point is, be aware of what's ahead of you. If you can't deal with the stress, find something else to do.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What have you done in past? How did you go about it and what was too costly?
On my previous diet, I was doing Keto quite successfully. I did so much research on the diet that I created a Facebook group that has almost 5k members. I was going to write a book and tell my story, sell keto products, etc. But more than anything, my struggle to figure out the tech and lack of money to pay someone to help me figure out the tech ended that project. I also got off keto after losing my gallbladder and couldn't break down a high-fat diet any longer.

I invested in crypto a few years ago. One of the coins I had, I owned over 100,000 of them, but things got super tough and I ended up selling them for a few hundred dollars. A few months later, it hit the $1 mark, which means I lost out on $100,000.

Before I really took my faith seriously, I write a few horror books. Sold a few thousand copies and was gaining popularity. But when I got serious, I pulled them from Amazon.

Just a lot of bad timing and ups and downs. I've been an entrepreneur most of my life, writing for money. There are months I made between $7k and $10k, but it would be followed up with several dry months. Clients who promised me to the moon and paid me a lot, then found a cheaper option. The best job I ever had was working as an editor for a white label site that offered content for clients. When I took over as content manager, we had three writers. After a year and a half, I had over 50 writers and 3 other editors under me. But my assistant was from Africa and rather than give me a raise, let me go and promoted my assistant.

Having ADHD, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because I struggle to understand the tech stuff.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm so glad that you're feeling better this week. My mom has been sick all this week with something, and she never gets sick. It totally worries me. She's always out in the yard usually working and has not been able to do that yet. Her's is stomach issues.

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear your mom is ill and hope she's better soon. We had sandwiches for lunch and we're having smoked salmon for dinner. It's warm and I prefer something light. Add a baguette, cheese, and accompaniments and we're set. I should put charcuterie in my meal plan. We could eat it every week!

Much better seeing him on video and hopefully the conversation will continue to flow when we meet in person. He also made me feel safe, he said we could stay on the dating app just in case I change my mind before meeting.

That sounds promising. Give him a chance and see how it goes.

I hope you're able to continue to discover better ways for your health and the meal planning that you want to do. I am 6 months into the recipes that I planned for the year. It's been hard, but it's been nice to finally do some of the recipes that I've wanted to do. And people always appreciate when people bake or cook.

I need to revamp some routines to reflect changing goals and projects on the horizon. I'm taking my must-dos and turning them into content. It addresses two problems at once and keeps me accountable. Homesteading relies on the winter season for catch up and getting ahead. But I won't have the margin.

Fashion never sleeps nor does food or home. To manage them all and self-sufficiency requires some tweaking. I can't follow the norm because they don't have the other stuff on their plate. It gives me a chance to try a different approach and see what works.

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's a lot. And it can be a lot of stress, too. There's one customer whose site is Christian, but he does not act Christian at all, and if he is Christian, he has utterly crapped on his witness to us by freaking the heck out and using all kinds of vile insults and language and accusations against us when we do things like ask for clarification of important details, or tell him the proper way to do what he wants to achieve on our servers is different from what he asked for. We keep notes of every interaction, and we don't share those unless they are subpoenaed. But if he's Catholic and his priest were to see them, I would be very interested to know what kind of penance he would have to do. I have a feeling it would be long and very unpleasant.

Point is, be aware of what's ahead of you. If you can't deal with the stress, find something else to do.
I'm sorry to hear that! I can handle hard work and stress. The faster it is, the better I do at it. I just struggle with the issues above ^

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm praying to catch a break one day. I don't even need or want to be super rich. I'm tired of having months where I'm late on bills and living paycheck-to-paycheck and struggling (like I am now) when work is slow.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry to hear that! I can handle hard work and stress. The faster it is, the better I do at it. I just struggle with the issues above ^
Struggling with issues you don't understand under stress, as you might have found, compounds the stress. This either happens directly, or indirectly (via choosing and insisting on a path that's going to cause you more problems).

• Agree
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been an entrepreneur most of my life, writing for money.

Every endeavor must have the following documented and frequently referenced:
  • A list of gifts (spiritual), talents (natural), and skills (learned) with the appropriate assessment of your proficiency in each.
  • A list of the required tasks for the endeavor with competency noted for all.
  • The enjoyment factor for everything named.
  • The ROI for each.
You cannot determine the ROI until the assessment is done. If income is the goal you'd invest more time in income producing activities and less on the other tasks.

On the technical side that means an affordable managed host. They have the expertise you lack. You can ask questions and seek assistance when needed. If you break something they'll tell you how to fix it or do it for you. And they handle the security.

Writing is your strength. You should be capitalizing on it vigorously. You don't have to be on every platform. You just need to make content. If income is the goal you need to make conversions. That's going to be Facebook or Instagram depending on your demographic.

You're worrying about the technical stuff. But I told you to make a tripwire. You need to sell. You don't need a website to do it. Create the product and copy for the ad. Setup an account with Convertkit for your mailing list. They give you a free landing page. That's all you require right now.

You have a lot of ideas but they're all over the place. You've gotta settle on a topic and stick with it. Just because you know something doesn't mean you should turn it into a business. You have to consider the time, expense, knowledge and skill requirements.

Most expensive niche: fashion, food, home, diy, crafts, and travel. They're also photo heavy too.

When you don't have a lot of capital its unwise to choose a topic that requires a lot of money to produce. The keto idea is good but you went about it in a way that rarely works. You start a blog and build your audience and platform. Work with sponsors and brands and get your name out there. Then pitch the book. They're more likely to accept it and your followers will share it.

If you've settled on a topic you need to be conversant in their problems. What are they struggling to resolve and how can you solve it? That's what makes people pull the trigger. Everything you create should be related to that in some capacity. When you start delivering solutions and wins they'll open their wallet and continue doing so.

And you need an administrator. You should look for that in a companion. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Every endeavor must have the following documented and frequently referenced:
  • A list of gifts (spiritual), talents (natural), and skills (learned) with the appropriate assessment of your proficiency in each.
  • A list of the required tasks for the endeavor with competency noted for all.
  • The enjoyment factor for everything named.
  • The ROI for each.
You cannot determine the ROI until the assessment is done. If income is the goal you'd invest more time in income producing activities and less on the other tasks.

On the technical side that means an affordable managed host. They have the expertise you lack. You can ask questions and seek assistance when needed. If you break something they'll tell you how to fix it or do it for you. And they handle the security.

Writing is your strength. You should be capitalizing on it vigorously. You don't have to be on every platform. You just need to make content. If income is the goal you need to make conversions. That's going to be Facebook or Instagram depending on your demographic.

You're worrying about the technical stuff. But I told you to make a tripwire. You need to sell. You don't need a website to do it. Create the product and copy for the ad. Setup an account with Convertkit for your mailing list. They give you a free landing page. That's all you require right now.

You have a lot of ideas but they're all over the place. You've gotta settle on a topic and stick with it. Just because you know something doesn't mean you should turn it into a business. You have to consider the time, expense, knowledge and skill requirements.

Most expensive niche: fashion, food, home, diy, crafts, and travel. They're also photo heavy too.

When you don't have a lot of capital its unwise to choose a topic that requires a lot of money to produce. The keto idea is good but you went about it in a way that rarely works. You start a blog and build your audience and platform. Work with sponsors and brands and get your name out there. Then pitch the book. They're more likely to accept it and your followers will share it.

If you've settled on a topic you need to be conversant in their problems. What are they struggling to resolve and how can you solve it? That's what makes people pull the trigger. Everything you create should be related to that in some capacity. When you start delivering solutions and wins they'll open their wallet and continue doing so.

And you need an administrator. You should look for that in a companion. :)
Thank you for sharing!

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That sounds delicious! I'm not even sure if I've had it before. I sometimes wonder if I had the money or a choice, what it would be like to have someone cook for me. I could easily sit down and come up with the recipes if they were to get the ingredients and do the cooking.

It's really good. I pick up a package every month that's already portioned and perfect for small bites. On days when I'm tired, busy, or not in the mood to cook its ideal. I'm putting it together and dinner is done.

You can hire a personal chef. They'll create a recipe based on your preferences or use one of your choosing. They do the shopping and clean up. Some make meals for the week ahead of time. You reheat them as needed.

I'd use a caterer for events but I wouldn't have someone making my meals on a daily basis. It's a control risk. There's too much latitude for breaches. When you bring someone in your home you're taking a risk. You need the appropriate parameters in place to guard against problems.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but it sounds like it's engaging and it's a fun learning curve. Continue with your tweaks and your goals, and I'm sure that you will get there.

It's fun kind of busy. I'm addressing things I haven't had time for or put off and making a lot of changes. A relative clean sweep in most instances. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if you're living the life you had in mind or has it escaped you. And if has; how do you get it back?

Good luck on the date. I hope you have fun! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,469.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Social media sometimes makes my mental health worse. So sick of some of these posts. Not debating or arguing with anyone. :( ugh

Start by unfollowing anyone whose content you know will make your blood boil.

Upvote 0