✟994,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please pray I overcome my alcoholism before I end up dead. Lord, have mercy

Yes, of course, Riley. I would not have imagined something like this, but if a desire for alcohol has become that dangerous or out of control for you, then we must pray at the very least for the Lord to help you.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, of course, Riley. I would not have imagined something like this, but if a desire for alcohol has become that dangerous or out of control for you, then we must pray at the very least for the Lord to help you.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The loneliness is so darn overwhelming. I wonder if my "friends" (who were never friends at all) would actually care. The mid-20s is so darn lonely. God forgive me.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The loneliness is so darn overwhelming. I wonder if my "friends" (who were never friends at all) would actually care. The mid-20s is so darn lonely. God forgive me.
I am really struggling

It really sounds as though you are not having a good night at all tonight, Riley. :( Still praying for you, that God will give you solace from everything that may be tormenting you right now.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It really sounds as though you are not having a good night at all tonight, Riley. :( Still praying for you, that God will give you solace from everything that may be tormenting you right now.
Thank you

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
mostly relaxing and enjoying the lack of deadlines. It will be nice to just focus on my personal
I'm glad that it turned out well and I pray that you can get the ketchup time and rest that you need.

Oh my gosh. I just spent hours writing a note. It was morning when I began! I haven't eaten at all. Now I have a head
How are you feeling now? I think I've had days like that where I get caught up and stuff.

I finally left my church today. It was really difficult to do and I'm incredibly hurt, but this was the last straw.
Saucy, so sorry that I came to that. Fellowship is so important, and I'm glad that you have a group of people that you are still connected with. I've had some similar experiences and I will be praying for you and the body of believers that were affected. The churches imperfect, and perfection will not come till we get to heaven. It's a process.

I am really strugglin
I am praying for you. I can't imagine what you are going through but I pray that you can get the help that you need. You cannot do this alone. My last boyfriend was revived two times from it but he died the third time. He always said he didn't want his father to find him, but it was his father and had to take to him to the hospital the final and third time. I think he was early 50s.

I broke up with him as a final measure to hopefully save his life. I had only been with him for 2 months and there was many improvements, but without getting help, all the self-help books that I referred him to at the library was not enough. It was 2 years after breaking up that he died.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't know the Mennonites accept converts. I learn something new everyday!

They’re very welcoming. The Old Order groups are stricter on both sides—Amish and Mennonite—but many join the conservative sects. There’s liberal ones too. But you have to proceed with caution.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please pray I overcome my alcoholism before I end up dead. Lord, have mercy

I’m sorry you’re hurting and pray for healing and peace on your behalf. The three things you mentioned are all related: alcohol, loneliness and anxiety. They’re fueling one another. The only way to resolve it is to deal with the strongman.

You have to pray against rejection. That was the catalyst for the sorrow and loneliness. Which exacerbates anxiety and lead to coping mechanisms to silence the hurt.

You begin with forgiveness and must forgive everyone who hurt and abandoned you. Every single person. You cannot break the hold spiritually without doing.

Then follow with confession. Pour out your heart about those experiences and the things you’ve held onto and ask for forgiveness and repent for your wrongs and unforgiveness related to your experiences and coping mechanisms.

Then rebuke rejection, unforgiveness, bitterness, addiction, heaviness, obsessive and compulsive spirits, lust and loneliness. In that order in Jesus’s name.

Ask the Lord to remove them and all helper spirits and for a fresh infilling of his presence. Fill that space with love. Pray 1 Corinthians 12 aloud for 90 days without ceasing. Every day.

You’ll begin to loosen things in the spirit realm. Start sleeping with the word in the background. Use an audio bible or find one on YouTube. It ministers to your spirit while you rest. You’ll feel lighter when you wake.

Keep doing it for the rest of the year. You need to saturate yourself and your environment. Spiritual bondage has an impact on your home. The air is thicker. But it will change as things fall away.

If you do as I suggest you’ll break it. Talk with the chaplains here as well. You need accountability and a trusted ear to share your burdens.

Keep your eyes fixed on God. Not on your problems or lack. Start your day with the word and end it the same. You’ll overcome this. It seems unlikely now but its not the end.

Start praying the divine office. Morning or evening are best. You’ll learn a lot of scripture by doing so. Always pray aloud.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
How are you feeling now? I think I've had days like that where I get caught up and stuff.

I’m feeling better now. But I need to put a meal plan in place. My appetite plummets around this time of the year. I have to make myself eat. I can’t go by hunger.

I think a combination of meal prep and planning is ideal.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m feeling better now. But I need to put a meal plan in place. My appetite plummets around this time of the year. I have to make myself eat. I can’t go by hunger.

I think a combination of meal prep and planning is ideal.
I think you're right. It's a good reminder to me also. Hopefully you can get a meal plan together soon:)

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On my mind: It feels nice to have an attraction to someone that seems to walk with the Lord, attractive to me, a sense of humility, possibly unpretentious, and seems to really like me. Too bad he's so far to see what he's really like in person. (Not as far as the southern gentleman I was in contact with though).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow! I forgot about that. You know we want details. They’re too polite to ask but I will. Spill! :D

Sorry, but, that was pretty much all that happened so far. :ahem:Nothing further to report, until perhaps I am back for my next chiropractor appointment in six weeks. I imagine that at that time Latanya will want to tell me everything she and this yet-to-be-recognized guardian angel of mine, Sally, had to say once I was out of earshot. ^-^

Very pretty lady. Wavy sandy blonde hair, and a lovely face for a woman so close to me in age (if I recall correctly, she is also in her late thirties). I kind of like what sense of humor I have beheld in Sally so far, too; when she first came through the front door and was notified by Latanya that the check-in device thingy that we are to use now was not in service today, and Latanya just out of basic, auto-politeness said sorry about that, what caused me to look up and recognize Sally's face from her picture several months ago was her replying, like, "well, no need to apologize. It's Lisa here who is being stubborn and refusing to work." Or something like that. I don't know; naming inanimate machines on the fly just to playfully scold them is kind of amusing in a cute way to me. ^-^
Sally's face definitely somehow held the look of a college teacher, which is what I recall Latanya telling me that her profession was. I certainly hope it is not too a trying profession for her these days. Much like doctors and nurses, I have always thought that there can never be enough teachers in this world.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you're right. It's a good reminder to me also. Hopefully you can get a meal plan together soon:)

I’d like something seasonal if possible. The body’s needs change as the year unfolds. I’ve been working on it off and on. I’m reluctant to tier meals to a specific day. Like meatless Monday. It puts you in a box.

But designating meals for the week is more flexible. You can make alterations if needed. And my diet has changed. I’m still adapting. This is a busy time of year due to canning. That saps my energy.

Some easy dishes on the ready would help.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I imagine that at that time Latanya will want to tell me everything she and this yet-to-be-recognized guardian angel of mine, Sally, had to say once I was out of earshot. ^-^

This is promising! You have something to look forward to. It sounds like the first impression was good. Keep going. New starts are wonderful. :)

*nudging @.Mikha'el. for making me do the work!

Upvote 0