Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
We are now that the CF princess is here to wish us so, Somber. ^-^
LOL! A princess? So you are saying I'm spoiled!!!? :p
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
:hahaha:

^_^

Walmart self-checkouts have more drama than a Shakespeare play.
Oof, that's gotta be stressful. ^_^

Do I really wanna spend a little over $70 on two used books at Amazon?
you-know-you-want-to-lesley-ann-brandt.gif

:ebil:Okay I will stop being a bad influence now. ^_^ I recently spent around the same amount on some inspiration cards and a few other things which I probably could have done as well without. :ahem:

Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You've come to know me well over the years here. I was singing that song while going back and forth at work the other night, deliberately in front of the two guys working next door to me, as a joking way of expressing my ... light displeasure, shall we say ... at the fact that I was still at work on the fifth night in a row.

Well, better than if I were locked into seven day shifts in a row like the other person unfortunately was thanks to this overtime situation that befell the two of us.

... Oh, and I found out why we had to in the first place; the A-crew person simply jammed her thumb.

Not broke it. Just "jammed" it. :cityh: When I found out, I said to the others, "well, I banged my knee up against something earlier before coming into work and it still hurts. Does that mean I can have two weeks off now, too?"

..... Oh well. Back to sleep. G'night.:boredsleep:
Hope you are able to catch up on sleep after all of that!!!! :hug:

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL! A princess? So you are saying I'm spoiled!!!? :p
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
:hahaha:

^_^

You know very well that I meant that in terms of all the positive aspects of being a princess. Beauty, nobility, sweet-spirited, of good report among everyone in her community. ^-^

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Do I really wanna spend a little over $70 on two used books at Amazon?
You don't want to right now, but you'll wish you had when they're no longer available or their prices jump. I've had this happen a few times with books I've wanted or needed and I hate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Prayers to the saints originated with the Jews, not the pagans - S I L O U A N (silouanthompson.net)

Rachel Weeps in Ramah: Of All the Patriarchs, God Listens Only to Her - TheTorah.com

I found these by searching "ancient jews intercession saints". Pretty interesting stuff from what I skim read. The part about Rachel is related to a specific verse, "And immediately the mercy of the Lord was stirred and He said: For you, Rachel, I will restore Israel to her place. For it was said: 'A voice is heard in Ramah...'" - Jeremiah 31:15-17

The second link gets into the context of it.

"Eichah Rabbah is not the only rabbinic text that envisions the patriarchs, matriarchs, and Moses beseeching God on behalf of their exiled descendants. As noted above, it appears briefly Genesis Rabbah (and in Pesiqta Rabbati), and can also be found in the liturgical poetry (piyyut) ascribed to Elazar HaKallir, one of the greatest poets of Late Antiquity, and recited on Tisha Be’Av."
This is what immediately came to my mind, too.

Interesting. It was a thought occurred to me last night. Tried to do some more research just now & 1st few pages of Google all written by Catholics. As a Protestant, not gonna lie, makes me think we drew our line too harsh on it.....
(Not the Jeremiah or Enoch passages, but stuff they claim dates back to VERY early churches that did it)

Heck, I just searched 'Protestant saint intercession' & it's all Catholic articles on Google (I'm not surprised at that). I'll have to do some more research sometime.
This book deals with some of these themes (including Rachel's intercession). Ebooks can be found online if you track down this image's url.

default.jpg

But more directly, the doctrine of theosis and its relevance with the Divine Council play into this heavily--or perhaps vice versa. You'll probably just have to read some of the high church (Catholic, Orthodox, maybe Anglican) arguments and see how they measure and or work with your religious experience.

If you're willing to listen to an Orthodox Christian podcast with a couple priests who are prone to some silly jokes, their episodes on the saints and relics do a great job of explaining from the scriptures, the Fathers, and external lore. Transcriptions are also available on the episode pages also if you don't want to listen, want an overview, or search key words or phrases.

Sons of God, Equal to the Angels - The Lord of Spirits | Ancient Faith Ministries
Theosis—becoming like God—is perhaps the best-known understanding of salvation in the Orthodox tradition. But what isn't often discussed is what angels have to do with it. Fr. Stephen De Young and Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick discuss how God's divine council is the intended destiny of mankind.

Can These Bones Live? - The Lord of Spirits | Ancient Faith Ministries
The keeping and veneration of relics of saints is one of the practices of Christianity that may disturb or even shock some. How do the bodies of saints relate to their lives? Is that body still their body even after death? Why do some relics have miracles associated with them? And how does this relate to Christian burial? Join Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick and Fr. Stephen De Young as they take a journey into the catacombs with the bones of the saints.

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
May you all have a blessed Palm Sunday!

278245533_10227199355710767_8936277403008055478_n.jpg
Hosanna to the Son of David! In a way, it's almost my favourite of our Christian holidays in that it brings together the seemingly disparate typological strands of Samson and King Jehu which culminate in the Crucifixion and prefigure Armageddon and the slaying of Behemoth and Leviathan.

• Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is what immediately came to my mind, too.

This book deals with some of these themes (including Rachel's intercession). Ebooks can be found online if you track down this image's url.

default.jpg

But more directly, the doctrine of theosis and its relevance with the Divine Council play into this heavily--or perhaps vice versa. You'll probably just have to read some of the high church (Catholic, Orthodox, maybe Anglican) arguments and see how they measure and or work with your religious experience.

If you're willing to listen to an Orthodox Christian podcast with a couple priests who are prone to some silly jokes, their episodes on the saints and relics do a great job of explaining from the scriptures, the Fathers, and external lore. Transcriptions are also available on the episode pages also if you don't want to listen, want an overview, or search key words or phrases.

Sons of God, Equal to the Angels - The Lord of Spirits | Ancient Faith Ministries
Theosis—becoming like God—is perhaps the best-known understanding of salvation in the Orthodox tradition. But what isn't often discussed is what angels have to do with it. Fr. Stephen De Young and Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick discuss how God's divine council is the intended destiny of mankind.

Can These Bones Live? - The Lord of Spirits | Ancient Faith Ministries
The keeping and veneration of relics of saints is one of the practices of Christianity that may disturb or even shock some. How do the bodies of saints relate to their lives? Is that body still their body even after death? Why do some relics have miracles associated with them? And how does this relate to Christian burial? Join Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick and Fr. Stephen De Young as they take a journey into the catacombs with the bones of the saints.
I added the book to my wishlist. ^-^

To me it seems logical that humanity would become part of the divine council. I think of this world as like a school that gives us lessons, sometimes difficult ones, to prepare us for greater responsibility.

• Agree
Reactions: Hawthorne
Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I added the book to my wishlist. ^-^

To me it seems logical that humanity would become part of the divine council. I think of this world as like a school that gives us lessons, sometimes difficult ones, to prepare us for greater responsibility.
Adam is presented as a king and the image-bearer and son of God (as is Christ) in Genesis 2. Adam failed his test, and seized dominion prematurely (the phrase "knowledge of good and evil" is keyed to kingship and judgement in the OT), but the Last Adam passed His trials, bringing many sons to glory. See also in Revelation 4:9 where the twenty-four angelic elders remove their crowns only to have their thrones given to the saints in 20:4; 22:9 makes clear that the saints have been elevated to equal standing with angels. Several things really seem to fall into place within this scheme, imo.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So our friend @Miss Spaulding has posted a picture on her Facebook of a very large box that was sent to her, and I'm trying to consider what its contents are. :mmh:

It was my male-order husband. You can get anything on Amazon these days.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith