Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm... attractive girl at work curled her hair, probably to impress me :sunglasses:

FYI, I’m trying to be funny, I don’t actually think that.

It would be nice if it were true, though...
Shave the center part of your head so you can use the line .....

Blank+_38867a2d0d2707fd25be95e8ee984e69.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’d rather just curl mine too...
Well, unfortunately for you its not the 70's/80's and male perms are out..... I know I know.... if I had a flux capacitor I would go back to 1985 too......

giphy.gif

Reactions: Strider1002
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm wondering if I should get some medication for my anxiety. I've been on a health kick and gave up everything unnatural. But it's been getting bad to the point of major panic attacks most nights. It hits for no reason whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I only discovered that the ready meal I'd bought for supper had a curry base upon smelling it once I'd heated it as there's no indication of curry on the packaging apart from in the ingredients, and I don't do curry (because I'm a wimp and don't like spicy food). :mad:

I'll still it eat because it's a waste not to and I'd have to make something else, but that was very disappointing.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. Made a friendly pun on a female friend’s Facebook post and got called a creeper by her sister. That’s not okay.

Sorry that happened :\ Everyone is very sensitive nowadays.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not sure how genuine the sensitivity is.

Does everyone here understand the concept that some people just enjoy feeling like a victim? It's not so much that they're fragile and can't handle things, they just like making mountains out of molehills so they can get the maximum possible emotional effect from their masochism.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree, people can be so sensitive these days. Seems like some people spend their time looking for things to get offended and angry about. :/

OMM: I'm going to finally start making a new traditional drawing today. :)

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure how genuine the sensitivity is.

Does everyone here understand the concept that some people just enjoy feeling like a victim? It's not so much that they're fragile and can't handle things, they just like making mountains out of molehills so they can get the maximum possible emotional effect from their masochism.

Yes, that and also if someone comes out of the woodwork and accuses someone of something (for example someone acting offended and calling someone a creeper/creepy,etc) it's not necessarily that they're "sensitive", it could very well mean they just like being a drama llama and creating a scene then running away while it happens.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that and also if someone comes out of the woodwork and accuses someone of something (for example someone acting offended and calling someone a creeper/creepy,etc) it's not necessarily that they're "sensitive", it could very well mean they just like being a drama llama and creating a scene then running away while it happens.
This seems likely.

• Agree
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Back in the 19th century many men used to modify their speech when they were in the polite company of women. During the end of the 20th and start of the 21st century when equality between the sexes really picked up steam, men naturally started loosening their speech around women. Which includes a more rude and raw form of communication such as trash talk. For many women, I don't think they appreciated this. Which probably explain why feminism is so quick to label many forms of communication towards women as targeted harassment and abuse. When in reality they're just being treated more and more like one of the guys. Seems to me like another example of feminism trying to revive female treatment from the past.

The problem with this is that many men are crude and rude to one another for a reason. It's often a form of testing one another's toughness and often shown as a sign of respect. Men who can withstand smack talk are given more respect which gives them an edge in leadership positions. Problem with feminists who want to be treated different, you can't have it all. Men are not going to magically afford women the same respect while also being more gentle with them. This isn't how most male brains work.

You can claim it's "toxic masculinity" and that men need to change (while also simultaneously reserving terms like manbaby towards men only..) but I don't see how this kind of thinking within men will go away. We evolved psychology to lead. Part of that is more stoicism and harshness. Even among female groups, females with more toxic masculinity traits can't help but rise to the top.

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm remembering when I used to be the calm, laid back, and and relaxed guy, wondering when my life became so stressful.

My dad wasn't feeling good yesterday ,last night around 2, he got really bad, we hadda call 911. I drove behind the ambulance to the hospital, and stayed with him and my mom until he was settled and stable. And then I drove home to sleep around 4 AM because I had months ago scheduled my American Board of Opticianry exam for this morning. So I tried to sleep for about two hours, then hadda take an hour drive to get to the testing center. *sigh*

I passed. I'm an ABO certified Optician.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can claim it's "toxic masculinity" and that men need to change (while also simultaneously reserving terms like manbaby towards men only..) but I don't see how this kind of thinking within men will go away. We evolved psychology to lead. Part of that is more stoicism and harshness. Even among female groups, females with more toxic masculinity traits can't help but rise to the top.
I’m more concerned about toxic meh-culinity :tonguewink:

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m more concerned about toxic meh-culinity :tonguewink:

Yeah, sadly men are growing up with mixed messages and no clear path to follow. Or maybe that's a good thing? I don't know.. there should be some sort of balance of structure and exploration.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single