What would happen to the creation/evolution debate...

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you just made my point for me.
A term that is used for a broad array of things (as you state) by definition is a cause of confusion.
Right. Maybe we should use the term 'the religious fabrication of evidence to support the fable that the process of evolving created all life, rather than God' Or, if referring to modern observed evolution in germs or whatever, some term like 'actual observed modern evolving'.

• Agree
Reactions: MrsFoundit
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is not the case. The term is used for a broad array of things and often if not most often is associated with attributing man and all life on earth to the process of evolution itself.
In this forum you can be sure that when the term "theory of evolution" is used it refers strictly to the biological theory of evolution by variation and natural selection. The "theory of evolution" is not a name for everything which contradicts your reading of Genesis.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Not true at all. Yes, life changes and adapts. No, we did not adapt from the same relative as a banana. There is zero evidence for that. You have a belief based method of viewing fossils. Whooopee doo.

It is not a fact that you came from a shared relative with flatworms. Sorry. The facts is that evolution is observed today. No connection to your religion. (where science descends into total belief based fables, that is like religion)
Great. I think we all know that.

Religious disciplines are not facts. Not in any way.
My religion is Christianity, thank you, and if you don't like it you can stick it where the Sun don't shine.

• Haha
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In this forum you can be sure that when the term "theory of evolution" is used it refers strictly to the biological theory of evolution by variation and natural selection. The "theory of evolution" is not a name for everything which contradicts your reading of Genesis.
The same theory that says you have relatives shared with bananas.

Upvote 0

MoreQuestions

Jan 10, 2020
Winson
✟10,716.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Right. Maybe we should use the term 'the religious fabrication of evidence to support the fable that the process of evolving created all life, rather than God' Or, if referring to modern observed evolution in germs or whatever, some term like 'actual observed modern evolving'.
That's nearly clever.
I'm a carpenter, which also means I am a bricklayer or a plumber or an electrician or any combination of the 4. That would really help clear communications, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The same theory that says you have relatives shared with bananas.
You have something against bananas? Is it the colour? The readily peel-able skin? The apocryphal EU regulations? Scottish ancestry that leads you to be suspicious of fruit and vegetables? Or just plain, old, anthropocentric elitism?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's nearly clever.
I'm a carpenter, which also means I am a bricklayer or a plumber or an electrician or any combination of the 4. That would really help clear communications, wouldn't it?
Not even sure what you are talking about actually.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have something against bananas? Is it the colour? The readily peel-able skin? The apocryphal EU regulations? Scottish ancestry that leads you to be suspicious of fruit and vegetables? Or just plain, old, anthropocentric elitism?

I have nothing against bananas or worms. When someone claims they are kinfolk, I tend to expect some reason given. I also think it is an insane claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why?

(Also, I don't think you are in a position to claim what is or isn't insulting to God.)
I am in such a position. Believers have the mind of Christ, and know Him. We also have His Word, which tells us how we did get here. We were created. Scripture also tells us the Almighty is moving to earth forever. We are also told we will rule forever with Him from here. We are also told that earth was created first before the sun or stars. We are also told Jesus came down to the planet and took on a physical body to die for us.

So claiming we are banana kin, living on a meaningless little blue speck in a universe that made itself, and a world that came from some little soup is insulting.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I am in such a position. Believers have the mind of Christ, and know Him.

Except that you guys can't seem to agree on anything, so I take such claims with a grain of salt.

So claiming we are banana kin, living on a meaningless little blue speck in a universe that made itself, and a world that came from some little soup is insulting.

I guess that's your problem then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am in such a position. Believers have the mind of Christ, and know Him. We also have His Word, which tells us how we did get here. We were created. Scripture also tells us the Almighty is moving to earth forever. We are also told we will rule forever with Him from here. We are also told that earth was created first before the sun or stars. We are also told Jesus came down to the planet and took on a physical body to die for us.

A universe that made itself? There is nothing in the theory of evolution about that. The theory of evolution only has to do with the biology of life after it originated. How it originated, how the universe originated and whether there is a God who brought it all about or not are all unrelated questions.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
A universe that made itself? There is nothing in the theory of evolution about that. The theory of evolution only has to do with the biology of life after it originated. How it originated, how the universe originated and whether there is a God who brought it all about or not are all unrelated questions.

Seems especially apt that he put his ignorance of the ToE on full display in a thread wondering about would happen if creationists had to pass a course in the subject before being allowed to debate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A universe that made itself?
Why? Did you think science says that someone made the BB happen?
There is nothing in the theory of evolution about that. The theory of evolution only has to do with the biology of life after it originated.
False. It has to do with a fantasy world and make-believe past formulated from beliefs and misreading evidence.
How it originated, how the universe originated and whether there is a God who brought it all about or not are all unrelated questions.
The family of godless fables is related. Joined at the hip. Related in inspiration. Related in godlessness.

Upvote 0