Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are out of context.
God can make humans to be good guys.

Jesus died for sinners and God can change the hardest heart.
But he won't force anything on anyone - if people keep rejecting the Gospel, he'll allow them to.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are out of context.
God can make humans to be good guys.

There is no evidence that He does or will make every human into a "good guy", however. It's certainly not indicated in scripture.

What is more indicated is that God will give people what they really want. If they really want a universe without Him, they will get a universe without Him. What that will actually look like is debatable.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God can change everyone to be good and believe in Jesus.

God can do anything - but he will not make people accept Jesus if they don't want to.

Otherwise, he would have forced Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree, meaning that they wouldn't have sinned. If we had not sinned, we would not have needed a Saviour. Then Jesus wouldn't even have come.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God can do anything - but he will not make people accept Jesus if they don't want to.

Otherwise, he would have forced Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree, meaning that they wouldn't have sinned. If we had not sinned, we would not have needed a Saviour. Then Jesus wouldn't even have come.

What will become of the billions of folks who, having never heard anything whatsoever about Jesus Christ, have not accepted Jesus?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What will become of the billions of folks who, having never heard anything whatsoever about Jesus Christ, have not accepted Jesus?

I look at the Book of Job, Acts 17, and Romans 1 and perceive that there are people who have never heard the gospel, yet have observed and acknowledge through creation (Psalm 19) that God exists and He is essentially virtuous. These people believe there is a God they cannot know, and they are never comfortable with the gods of their native cultures. In Job 9, we see that Job does not know the name of Jesus, but he knows he needs Jesus.

I see in the book of Jonah and in the words of Jesus (such as in Luke 12) that God's judgment takes into consideration how much a person knows about Him.

I know from 1 Timothy 2 that God is not a dispassionate arbiter, He is not an unbiased judge, but rather God is biased toward salvation. We have to stop and think about the implications of that verse. God is biased toward salvation.

I am an Inclusivist, along with CS Lewis and Billy Graham. If salvation were so strictly dependent on hearing the gospel from an evangelist, then that would take salvation of the world out of the hand of God and put it into the hands of men. I think that God knows the hearts of every person, and He knows those who would have accepted the gospel if someone had gotten it to them.

I do believe "membership has its benefits," and that being a member of the Body of Christ provides benefits in this world that being a lone believer in an Unknown God cannot enjoy.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No idea.
But God is love and God is just. Could people who have/had never heard of him really be punished in the same way as those who have heard but made a deliberate decision to reject the Gospel of God's love and grace? How can someone reject something they don't know, or don't know about?

Upvote 0

Simon D

Apr 10, 2021
Scotland
✟16,112.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What will God do to fix this world?
When will God deliver all Christians to a perfect world?
If I understand revelation correctly Jesus will rule the earth with a rod of iron for a thousand years then He will burn the earth up and create a new one (His sacrifice on the cross not only bought us but the earth too, in a sense the earth will be born again too).

This is one of the reasons why some people say that a big focus on environmentalism is not biblical because the earth is already dying.

'For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.' Romans 8:22-23

From a biblical perspective we should not abuse animals, but the earth is here to serve us and God will make a new earth.

This can also be viewed as an ideological battle; those who are extremely pro environmentalist typically are atheists, as they believe that the earth as it is is the only one they've got.

Well anyway, that is what I understand God's plan is to fix the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
by nature all sinners are against God and dislike Jesus,
but God can change people's hearts to accept Jesus.

Of course he can, and he does, through the Holy Spirit.
But he doesn't force anyone to accept him - we have a choice, just as Adam did.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
does not make sense, I am not talking about Forcing you to believe.
I am talking about transform your hearts.

He transforms the hearts of his children, those who believe and accept him.
If someone rejected God and didn't want to believe, he wouldn't impose himself upon them and transform their hearts anyway.

I believe that God never stops trying to reach unbelievers; he can minister to them through his Spirit and lead them to a place where they hear the Gospel. He can prompt someone to go into a church where they hear a sermon that changes their life, for example. And it's surprising how many non believers will still accept someone praying for them when times are tough.
But we all still need to choose him for ourselves.
Some people choose not to accept him but carry on murdering, stealing, showing pride, greed, selfishness etc, and God lets them - which is why there are, and have always been, wicked leaders in the world, those who persecute Christians, killers and so on.

Upvote 0