up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does your Christian faith conflict with your society or politics or business/economic beliefs? Does it divide you, not into Satan's right and left, but between the two kingdoms? If not, how come?

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

1 John 2:
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does your Christian faith conflict with your society or politics or business/economic beliefs? Does it divide you, not into Satan's right and left, but between the two kingdoms? If not, how come?

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

1 John 2:
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
You're right on the money. I was raised in a "religious" household. But when, as an adolescent, I got into the world to be "popular," I found myself desolate and abandoned. I then pursued the Holy Spirit, and found myself "desolate and abandoned" all over again! ;) ...But not abandoned by God.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
All thoughts, feelings and behaviors which contradict the word are places for change and illumination. Whenever we don't agree or abide by His principles we've gone astray and must align ourselves with the Lord. The only truth that exists is His. Everything else is false or a mirage meant to deceive or destroy.

If we gave more attention to the Kingdom and its precepts we'd be less conflicted. When the principles take root opposition is evident. Our spirit would say this is not of God and we'd know how to respond. But seduction is powerful and we're enamored with the world. Although we say otherwise.

~bella

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For some possible clarification,
Who paid the RANASOM for men who are SAVED ? Whose BLOOD was shed, the price paid for us who are SAVED?
Whose Name IS the NAME above every name ?
It ain't Satan!! ;)

So there is no need for clarification. You're preaching to the choir. Jesus is the name before whom every knee will bow.

I'm not sure why you needed the clarification?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

1 John 2:
I don't think He intends for us to live in a monastery or as hermits in caves. I believe He said to love not the world. Being involved does not mean you are loving the world. Just prioritize. Put God first. If forced to choose between one of the other, then choose God. You can be involved in these things, and not have a conflict.

Reactions: bling
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

1 John 2:
In my case it certainly does at times .... voting in our country's leaders ... none of them are perfect (not even close) ... so basically see myself in the position of voting for the lessor evil ... quite honestly I have considered not voting at all .... but I have come to the conclusion that no matter how I vote ... Gods plan will ultimately play out according to His will. Voting for the lessor evil is better than not voting at all ... getting more difficult to decipher that out these days.

I don't think we will be accountable to God how we vote ... but rather individual accountability of our individual choices in regard to our daily lives.

I understand the diabolic earthly kingdom is temporal and look forward to When God establishes His kingdom on earth. I focus on that and overall am at peace with that.

Colossians 3
1Therefore, since you have been raised with Christ, strive for the things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Try to remind myself of this daily.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it is hard to support a system that runs contrary to the will of God, but perfectly exemplifies the will of man. It is unfortunate that fewer and fewer churches set the example, instead following a long tradition of aligning with the governments of man. As you say sometimes the only option is to try and stop the more self serving of the two. It is a shame though that folks think only in terms of right or left when there is a third option. Now that more governments including the US refuse to represent the people over Corporatism, there is little chance this will end well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums