Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But, what about the problem of entropy? Not so much “getting rid of” but rather regenerating and reforming the universe in an earlier or different configuration, due to the problem that this universe is projected to no longer be stelliferous in about 100 million years,

Let's assume you are right. The bible deals with the formatting of Earth for life and the creation of all life on Earth including our solar system being less than 10,000 years ago (in Bible history) and a near-term 2nd coming event that cannot be more than 50 years away by some accounts but surely within 1000 years (just for the sake of argument).

So then that is all wayyyy short of 100 million years. This means even if your proposal about what happens in 100 million years is correct - it is a time frame way outside of the Bible details for the beginning of all life on earth (origins doctrine) and the instantiation of the New Earth of Rev 21.

In Col 1 Christ as infinite God the Son is the one "upholding all things" and holding off entropy.

Col 1:
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: 16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also the head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

An infinite energy source with infinite capacity to organize - could easily sustain a finite Universe in the proposal that Col 1 presents.

and beyond that, the potential for life as we know it to exist becomes greatly diminished as the stars burn out and eventually, black holes consume the matter and then themselves dissipate into photons via Hawking Radiation.

I fully agree that in a closed system where all things are merely "left to themselves" with no "Infinite being - infinite in power, wisdom and capability" that things would wind down just as you point out. But I don't see that sort of "future" predicted in the Bible and the Bible does have that "infinite sustainer" concept stated explicitly.

And supposing, as we reasonably might, that in the Parousia our resurrected bodies are invincible, for it says we shall be raised incorruptible, would we really want to exist in a universe consisting only of disordered photons? I don’t as a rule like to talk about science and theology in this way, but considering the very long duration of the World to Come, or rather it being potentially timeless, it seems to me that “a new heavens and a new earth” would in part be needed to address heat death. There is also the problem that this planet is likely to get destroyed by the sun in a few billion years.

Again - all are time frames beyond the 2nd coming and millennium and a few million years after that - but more than that - it is the observed science in a presumed "Closed system" - I know of no physics that accounts for an infinitely capable organizing and sustaining principle in a closed system.

But I think your observation about this point is very important because it demonstrates the need for an infinite God/Creator if one is to have an infinitely maintain/sustained Universe. Which I think is a very good point.

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Let's assume you are right. The bible deals with the formatting of Earth for life and the creation of all life on Earth including our solar system being less than 10,000 years ago (in Bible history) and a near-term 2nd coming event that cannot be more than 50 years away by some accounts but surely within 1000 years (just for the sake of argument).

So then that is all wayyyy short of 100 million years. This means even if your proposal about what happens in 100 million years is correct - it is a time frame way outside of the Bible details for the beginning of all life on earth (origins doctrine) and the instantiation of the New Earth of Rev 21.

In Col 1 Christ as infinite God the Son is the one "upholding all things" and holding off entropy.

Col 1:
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: 16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also the head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

An infinite energy source with infinite capacity to organize - could easily sustain a finite Universe in the proposal that Col 1 presents.

I fully agree that in a closed system where all things are merely "left to themselves" with no "Infinite being - infinite in power, wisdom and capability" that things would wind down just as you point out. But I don't see that sort of "future" predicted in the Bible and the Bible does have that "infinite sustainer" concept stated explicitly.

Again - all are time frames beyond the 2nd coming and millennium and a few million years after that - but more than that - it is the observed science in a presumed "Closed system" - I know of no physics that accounts for an infinitely capable organizing and sustaining principle in a closed system.

Sorry Bob, you misread my post - the entropy issue becomes pressing not in 100 million years, but 100 trillion years, that is 100 million million. The expansion of the Sun as it runs out of Helium is more pressing, in about 4 billion years; we will probably run out of water in 1 billion years.

But I think your observation about this point is very important because it demonstrates the need for an infinite God/Creator if one is to have an infinitely maintain/sustained Universe. Which I think is a very good point.

Indeed.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Bob, you misread my post - the entropy issue becomes pressing not in 100 million years, but 100 trillion years, that is 100 million million. .

I was referring to this

The Liturgist said:
But, what about the problem of entropy? Not so much “getting rid of” but rather regenerating and reforming the universe in an earlier or different configuration, due to the problem that this universe is projected to no longer be stelliferous in about 100 million years,

"the stelliferous era. The time of stars, of galaxies, and of life."

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To be a Christian, is it just waiting to go to Heaven?

To be a Christian is to have the miracle of the new birth, born again, forgiven of sin "No longer I who live but Christ who lives in me" Gal 2:20, with the mission of preaching the Gospel (good news of salvation for mankind) in all the world. Matt 24 "14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come."

So then for example -- this kind of miracle that I pointed out here on this same thread -(click it)
Yesterday at 11:29 AM #29

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know why you ask questions, but don’t interact with the answers, but here it is again.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
— Matthew 28:18-20

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

NASB
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.

KJV
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

— Luke 17:20-21

Heaven began with Jesus, spread to you and me, and is to spread everywhere in the world, until Jesus returns and heaven will be fully visible. The Holy Spirit is God, heaven within.

So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
— Acts 1:6-8

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’”
— John 7:38

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if humans will destroy themselves, I wonder if God will let it happen. kind of lazy of people to think things are going to be peachy. good excuse to keep the world going like it has been. christians think God will jump in and save the day. atheist think advanced technology or aliens will save us. the day of the Lord is a day of darkness and not light. when Jesus returns maybe he will find the smoldering remains of a world destroyed by humanity. what a bummer.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if humans will destroy themselves, I wonder if God will let it happen. kind of lazy of people to think things are going to be peachy. good excuse to keep the world going like it has been. christians think God will jump in and save the day. atheist think advanced technology or aliens will save us. the day of the Lord is a day of darkness and not light. when Jesus returns maybe he will find the smoldering remains of a world destroyed by humanity. what a bummer.

No doubt - the increasing pace of rage and violence and riots as things get worse and worse will result in the meltdown you describe if given enough time and if left to itself.

But Christ has set this limit.

Matt 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come."

When God spoke with Abraham about the land of Canaan He said Abraham would not get to inherit it for more than 300 years because "the sin of the Amorite is not yet complete" Gen 15:16. There is a limit beyond which man cannot go even though he has not blown himself up yet.

So also in Genesis 6 - mankind hand not blown itself up yet - but God declared that "enough is enough" and "pulled the plug" on mankind.

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
How do you not know if person is goin to hell or not u can just ask them if they're saved or not?
Not saying I would never share since I always do but its not main issue.
I'd still prefer to donate to some sort of missionary fund than homeless shelter tho.
We live in age where food is so abundand countries like US waste up to 50% of thier food and just discard it , don't even need to invest any more or anything simply some time to pickup leftover food and re-distribute it to poor which some people do on thier own.

But thats not priority , still gospel is first then food shelter and anything else.

Your good news doesn't sound like good news. Certainly not Jesus' good news.

Your theology is awful.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What will God do to fix this world?
When will God deliver all Christians to a perfect world?
God will come back exactly as revelation says He will, and our world will just descend into evil as revelation says, as time passes, until Jesus comes back. We shouldn't decieve ourselves and set ourselves up for a false hope that is not going to happen, the world is not coming back from where it is going, those wealthy satanic elites in power who use their vast money to influence society will not release their hold until Jesus corrects it. We really are living in the last days.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If God forgives my sin thru Jesus, assure me to go to heaven, then what else my free will can do other than keeping my Faith?
Can I relax and no need to do good?
Do you read responses to your posts? Or are these just rhetorical questions?

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

adderbolt

Mar 13, 2021
Cuyahoga County
✟56,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Divorced
Any unbeliever can do good and there's no lack of motives for doing so. But being 'born again' always produces good works -- always. And since one is already a believer these later good works flow in gratitude toward the one who saved them, and that is Almighty God.

“Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” - James 2.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What’s God going to do to fix the world?

Jesus will return in flaming fire, with a sword and the wrath of God, and destroy many evildoers worldwide, land on the earth, and rule the nations with a rod of Iron, have Satan bound in the bottomless pit, and there will be peace for a thousand years.

And His kingdom will never end.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not going to fix the world. The world--and every single nation in it--will still be broken when Christ returns, as scripture makes plain to us.

Except when Jesus returns it’s with flaming sword and the wrath of God against evil doers, and He lands on earth and rules the nations with a rod of Iron and there will be peace, and no evil, for a thousand years, and after one more quick war when Satan is loosed from a thousand year imprisonment, Jesus’ kingdom shall never end.

Upvote 0