Visit site
✟611,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh how we can romance the evil deeds of the past. Reading your post reminds me of this:

“But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first freethinker and the emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge.”
Mikhail Bakunin
I pesume by evil deeds you are including to the death by starvation of ArchBishop Stigand in the Norman Conquest. I am not romancing, the Romantic view is to think that Rome is always right, when the evidence of history is rather to the contrary. And I make that statement whilst holding in great esteem and affection the one who currently sits on Peter's seat, built on the site of Nero's Circus.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Indeed we are

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What was reformed?
What was the authority for the reformation? Or
Where does the Bible say to have a reformation?

The first century reformation is recorded in Hebrews 9. Scripture (sola scriptura) did its work of restoring the government of God to before their were kings in Israel men lording it over non venerable ones a pagan hierarchy foundation.(the abomination of desolation)

He brings the restoring as it is written

Upvote 0