What was it that made you realise your husband/wife is the one you wanted to marry?

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
icon12.gif
What was it that made you realise your husband/wife is the one you wanted to marry?
and spend the rest of your life with?:)

Reactions: Humble Pie

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me, there were a number of things that added up to tell me this. For one thing, we really 'clicked' when we met. We each kind of had a sense that the other was the answer to our prayers. Over time, by praying about it, I discerned it was the will of God, which was a really good thing because I really loved her and wanted to marry her.

I recently wrote a testimony in another thread.

Upvote 0
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I firmly believe I was told by God, and the circumstances that happened afterward confirms it in my opinion. Now, I don't necessarily believe God does this for everybody. I don't know why, but I just felt that I was. I heard it the day I met him, before I even sat down to talk to him.

Upvote 0

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone,
When I met my now hubby, something just clicked, but we had both come out of divorces and did NOT want a relationship, however, we became great friends and when i had a big head on crash when moving away, he came and rescued me. We have been together ever since:) We had two beautiful girls before we got married (we weren't practising christians then) and now have 3. We have come a long way, with Jesus as the centre of our marriage and our past experience of what NOT to do :) We are determined to do our best for each other, always putting the other first.
God Bless You all, just as he has done for our family :)

Upvote 0

jemoess

Apr 24, 2012
Australia
✟15,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i also met my husband online. it was five years between when we first met online to when we first set eyes on each other, and a year later we were married.

i don't know exactly what it was. it was partly logic. i had a list of "must haves" and "wants" in my future husband that i had prayed over and prayed for. he ticked everything on both lists. during our relationship we've each only grown better. we build each other up, in everything we do.

Reactions: OnlyBelieve
Upvote 0