✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Submission is a good or bad thing?

The feminist movement made the women to feel shy for what, in biblical times, was considered honor. For instance, in the past, to have children was a blessing (see, for instance, how mourned Hannah in the Creator’s presence only for the privilege of becoming mother (1Sam 1:9-11) and how Elisabeth felt when she conceived John, the Baptist (Luke 1:25)). Today, many people consider maternity a disease. It suffices to see the great quantity of women who make use of contraceptive and huge quantity of abortions carried out in the world.

But the worst thing is the disdain of the feminists for the gift of submission. When the Holy Scripture says that wife ought to be acquiescent to her husband, this sounds as a crime, a heinous teaching proclaimed by the religious institutions.

Nonetheless, submission is one of the great gifts of the Creator to the women. In Song 8:5 we can see the outcome of submission: Shulamite found peace (Song 8:10) resting in the Creator leaned in her husband (such as Sarah, through submission to Abraham, was able to not fear anything that was frightening – 1Peter 3:6).

For you understanding what is submission, imagine you doing a long journey by car through a road fraught of beautiful and delightful landscapes. The passenger can rest enjoying each detail of the landscape (sky, birds, animals, vegetation) while eat and drink something scrumptious. If the passenger gets tired, he can sleep. If the car gets a flat tire, the responsibility of changing the tire is of the driver. If there's a police operation, it's the driver who needs to be accountable answering the police questions. It is the driver who needs to care about the crazy and bad drivers, as well as swerve from the hindrances in the road.

In short: the only thing that the passenger needs to do is enjoy the trip, especially if road is in perfect state and the car is luxurious. All the predicaments are to be sorted out by the driver, who, in addition, can’t enjoy deeply the landscape.

The only thing that can preclude this travel to be a paradisiac moment is the driver.

Well, in the kingdom of the Creator, the car symbolizes Jesus (we need to be inside Him) and the road, the Holy Scripture. Therefore, if the woman stays in Jesus obeying His commandments, the only thing that can hamper her to live a quiet, peaceful and pleasant travel during her peregrination along this world is the person that she will choose to drive her until Jesus call her to account for her actions.

If the single woman bides with patience in Jesus (Ps 40:1) until He leads her toward the future husband that He prepared for her, certainly she will be extremely relish submitting to his love without any uneasiness.

So, have a good day going over this message and, to the women I say:

1 – If you are single, pray so that Jesus can bring to you someone much wiser than you and that love you as Jesus loved him and you. So, you will be able to enjoy the privilege which comes with the submission.

2 – If you are married and your husband isn’t savvy, pray to Jesus so that the wisdom in his life outdoes yours. If your faith is pure, Jesus will answer your prayer:

• Jas 1:5-7 -> “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;”.

Can you be sure: it is better your husband to be full of Jesus’ wisdom and you give in on it than belittle the gift of submission and rebel against the Creator’s plan trying to take over the control of your home. In the end, your home will be the outset of the hell (which will become your eternal home for rejecting Jesus’ plan).

Furthermore, considering that the Creator’s plans can’t be thwarted (Job 42:2; Isa 43:13), as the Creator established the husband as head of the home, it is his ideas and plans which will prevail.

Finally, although is extremely important and needful that the woman increases in faith, glory, grace and wisdom (Prov 14:1), she should seek out in Christ that her husband can always increase even more in all of it. So, she won’t find any problem with the submission and, thus, she will be a great woman of the Creator, wife and mother (exactly what she really needs to be).

So, to you woman, that this day can show to you the importance of being woman and of not letting anybody make you forget that you are special exactly because you are who you are. You don’t need to change to please someone (unless the Holy Spirit desire to work in you His cleanness for salvation of yours, of your family and of people close to you – Phil 2:12,13; Titus 3:4-6).

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, in the kingdom of the Creator, the car symbolizes Jesus (we need to be inside Him) and the road, the Holy Scripture. Therefore, if the woman stays in Jesus obeying His commandments, the only thing that can hamper her to live a quiet, peaceful and pleasant travel during her peregrination along this world is the person that she will choose to drive her until Jesus call her to account for her actions.

So, while I can see the appeal of a peaceful drive through an idyllic landscape, I also see a couple of potential difficulties.

1) The passenger doesn't get to pick where she wants to go. If the driver wants to go to the mountains and the passenger wants to go to the beach, the car is going to the mountains.

2) The passenger is passive in this picture. What if she want to do something more active or creative than sit and watch the scenery? What if she enjoys driving, for the thrill of it maybe, or just for something interesting to do? What if she wants to get out of the car and walk around?

3) I think, in the quoted paragraph, you're saying that the husband is driving Jesus, deciding where Jesus is going to go next. That's not a role that a husband, or any human, gets to have. Did you perhaps mean to say that this is a self-driving car, and that both husband and wife are passengers while the car goes where it chooses?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Submission is a good or bad thing?

The feminist movement made the women to feel shy for what, in biblical times, was considered honor. For instance, in the past, to have children was a blessing (see, for instance, how mourned Hannah in the Creator’s presence only for the privilege of becoming mother (1Sam 1:9-11) and how Elisabeth felt when she conceived John, the Baptist (Luke 1:25)). Today, many people consider maternity a disease. It suffices to see the great quantity of women who make use of contraceptive and huge quantity of abortions carried out in the world.

But the worst thing is the disdain of the feminists for the gift of submission. When the Holy Scripture says that wife ought to be acquiescent to her husband, this sounds as a crime, a heinous teaching proclaimed by the religious institutions.

Nonetheless, submission is one of the great gifts of the Creator to the women. In Song 8:5 we can see the outcome of submission: Shulamite found peace (Song 8:10) resting in the Creator leaned in her husband (such as Sarah, through submission to Abraham, was able to not fear anything that was frightening – 1Peter 3:6).

For you understanding what is submission, imagine you doing a long journey by car through a road fraught of beautiful and delightful landscapes. The passenger can rest enjoying each detail of the landscape (sky, birds, animals, vegetation) while eat and drink something scrumptious. If the passenger gets tired, he can sleep. If the car gets a flat tire, the responsibility of changing the tire is of the driver. If there's a police operation, it's the driver who needs to be accountable answering the police questions. It is the driver who needs to care about the crazy and bad drivers, as well as swerve from the hindrances in the road.

In short: the only thing that the passenger needs to do is enjoy the trip, especially if road is in perfect state and the car is luxurious. All the predicaments are to be sorted out by the driver, who, in addition, can’t enjoy deeply the landscape.

The only thing that can preclude this travel to be a paradisiac moment is the driver.

If the single woman bides with patience in Jesus (Ps 40:1) until He leads her toward the future husband that He prepared for her, certainly she will be extremely relish submitting to his love without any uneasiness.

So, have a good day going over this message and, to the women I say:

1 – If you are single, pray so that Jesus can bring to you someone much wiser than you and that love you as Jesus loved him and you. So, you will be able to enjoy the privilege which comes with the submission.

2 – If you are married and your husband isn’t savvy, pray to Jesus so that the wisdom in his life outdoes yours. If your faith is pure, Jesus will answer your prayer:

• Jas 1:5-7 -> “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;”.

Can you be sure: it is better your husband to be full of Jesus’ wisdom and you give in on it than belittle the gift of submission and rebel against the Creator’s plan trying to take over the control of your home. In the end, your home will be the outset of the hell (which will become your eternal home for rejecting Jesus’ plan).

Furthermore, considering that the Creator’s plans can’t be thwarted (Job 42:2; Isa 43:13), as the Creator established the husband as head of the home, it is his ideas and plans which will prevail.

Finally, although is extremely important and needful that the woman increases in faith, glory, grace and wisdom (Prov 14:1), she should seek out in Christ that her husband can always increase even more in all of it. So, she won’t find any problem with the submission and, thus, she will be a great woman of the Creator, wife and mother (exactly what she really needs to be).

So, to you woman, that this day can show to you the importance of being woman and of not letting anybody make you forget that you are special exactly because you are who you are. You don’t need to change to please someone (unless the Holy Spirit desire to work in you His cleanness for salvation of yours, of your family and of people close to you – Phil 2:12,13; Titus 3:4-6).
We are told to love our wife as Jesus loves the Church. Love resolves all questions of who is in charge and who is in submission. When a husband and Wife love each other they act in love, love always gives that which is best for the other, love is not demanding or selfish or legalistic.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,572.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The feminists are not all wrong. Now hear me out before casting me to hell :eek:. Many marriages have issues of abuse and over controlling spouse especially toward the wives although they happen as well to husbands. Because women are usually the weaker, they are less likely to be able to retaliate and protect herself. So some aspect of the feminist movement is commendable, as they advocate women taking back control of their lives.

Now there is always something about taking certain things too far. Modern feminists (3rd Wave or Feminazi) in the west take a more hateful and confrontational approach to their believes. They are more misandrists than equal rights proponents. This leads them to hate everything that men in general love such as motherhood, submissiveness, physical beauty, gentleness, gracefulness and all traditional femininity traits.

Also the word submission in modern terms have been generally negative. So when we like to use the term in reference to a health relationship it gives a bad impression to the listener. Even I feel uncomfortable using the word to refer to any relationship. I rather use terms like lead or head or not at all. Relationship is base on mutual trust and love.

As her will submit to me so to shall I submit to her. If she is hurt so am I myself hurt.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I was married for 37 years until my husband's death last year. We were both Christians before we met each other. We loved each other deeply, very very deeply, we were best friends and up until just before he died were one of those couples who still sat on the couch holding hands while watching TV together. We preferred each other's company to anyone else's.

That clearly stated, when I read this post I just laughed. I realized it was coming from a lack of godly wisdom and experience.

Godly submission both to each other and a woman to her husband is an extremely delicate balance that requires that the parties work together to achieve that balance. Not all men and their conduct are worthy of submission and at times is downright illegal. Not all women have enough of an understanding of what it is to be a godly woman to be able to submit. In my 25 years in full-time ministry I have counseled many women who out of an effort to honor God submitted themselves to men they should not have submitted themselves to and to treatment that is completely unacceptable in God's eyes. So when a man starts teaching women about how to submit he needs to be very careful because he will be held accountable before God as a teacher for those that He exposed through his words and teachings to harsh and dangerous situations.

If a man is a Christian and a godly man then yes he should be submitted to, if he is a taskmaster and an abuser he should not be be submitted to in any form, whether Christian or non-christian.

Again as a woman who was married for 37 years (and incidentally whose husband loved her beyond measure) and has walked with the Lord since 1977, my belief is that true godly submission of a woman to her husband is something that should be defined by that specific relationship between that man and that woman and what works for them together before God as submission.

I would be interested to know if the writer of this piece is even married, and if so what his spouse feels about submission to him, which we would never be able to honestly know. Nevertheless, those answers would tell us a great deal.

Reactions: Zandy12
Upvote 0