✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That still uses time as a conceopt

No it doesn't...it is eternal. Hayah, Hoveh, Yih'yeh. Time starts and stops somewhere and can be measured in this physical realm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is mere speculation here but heres my thoughts and you can add in. In Genesis it starts with the saying In the Beginning God created. Now this is the account of the beginning of the creation of our world. What state was God in before he created the world? What was his first thought process if it were to be before the creation account? If Gods will always existed and he never changes then his thoughts were according to his will and he foreknew them when he created the spacetime matrix then he was at both ends of thinking and doing at the same time?
God doesn't have a "first thought".

This assumes He lives in time, which He does not.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Assuming only in this perceivable universe for it may not be so in others such as Heaven
You're thinking too small. In the beginning was God. For lack of a better word, there was a "time" in which only the Triune God existed. At some "point" in the past, God created the very first contingent object. What I'm saying is that once that happened, time became measurable. It became measurable because whatever that object was, it had a beginning, and thus, change/duration became measurable. All time is, is a measurement. It's not a thing in itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Only to us.
You probably think God can make a square-circle. You don't actually bring much content to engage in a conversation with. You certainly haven't said anything that would make me think anything I said in my reply #27 isn't true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is mere speculation here but heres my thoughts and you can add in. In Genesis it starts with the saying In the Beginning God created. Now this is the account of the beginning of the creation of our world. What state was God in before he created the world? What was his first thought process if it were to be before the creation account? If Gods will always existed and he never changes then his thoughts were according to his will and he foreknew them when he created the spacetime matrix then he was at both ends of thinking and doing at the same time?

“Jesus Christ”

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What state was God in before he created the world?
Since God has no beginning and no ending and always was and always will be, His state is exactly the same before and after His creation. You are also asking a question that only the Father can answer not His creation, though an interesting query.

• Useful
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0