✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Again, it’s self-explanatory.
If you don’t want to actually engage in conversation just say so. But I wouldn’t be asking you to clarify your statement if it was self-explanatory.

What you said makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is mere speculation here but heres my thoughts and you can add in. In Genesis it starts with the saying In the Beginning God created. Now this is the account of the beginning of the creation of our world. What state was God in before he created the world? What was his first thought process if it were to be before the creation account? If Gods will always existed and he never changes then his thoughts were according to his will and he foreknew them when he created the spacetime matrix then he was at both ends of thinking and doing at the same time?
God is Love, so His "First" and "Last", (if those terms apply), He is Love, so all His "other thoughts" (manifestations, ect) proceeded out of "Love"... So His first and only thought or thoughts or His primary thought is and has to be Love, and everything else is or proceeds or proceeded out of "Love"...

So, the answer is "Love"...

"Love" was and is always "First", if that term even applies...

One might say "primary" instead...

Everything else proceed and came out of it or from it (Love), it is and is always first or primary, and is His reason for making or creating anything else, or "others" or any others (or anything else)...

It is His primary and perhaps only, "motivations or reasons" or whatever, for anything and everything, and I do mean anything and everything... Is "what drives Him", ect...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God is Love, so His "First" and "Last", (if those terms apply), He is Love, so all His "other thoughts" (manifestations, ect) proceeded out of "Love"... So His first and only thought or thoughts or His primary thought is and has to be Love, and everything else is or proceeds or proceeded out of "Love"...

So, the answer is "Love"...

"Love" was and is always "First", if that term even applies...

One might say "primary" instead...

Everything else proceed and came out of it or from it (Love), it is and is always first or primary, and is His reason for making or creating anything else, or "others" or any others (or anything else)...

It is His primary and perhaps only, "motivations or reasons" or whatever, for anything and everything, and I do mean anything and everything... Is "what drives Him", ect...

God Bless!
What does it mean to say “God is love” ?

In terms of attributes, we know God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, omnibenevolent....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What does it mean to say “God is love” ?

In terms of attributes, we know God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, omnibenevolent....
Yet none of those things, those attributes, are a reason or motivation or driving force, either for being, or for making, or causing, ect...

Love is a reason (motivation, driving force)...

And it has be Godly Love and not what man might think Love is, cause we all know how warped that is sometimes, and it is not "that"...

So, what is it...? Well, your basically asking what the "reason or meaning" of or for "everything" you know, and I mean "everything", it is not easily answered most of the time, let alone shortly or succinctly...?

It is His reason for being, for making, for creating, it is also supposed to "us" and the reason and meaning of our lives as well, our reason for being (also), ect, ect...

So it is not easily answered in detail, at least not by me anyway, as I spend and have spent most of my life so far seeking it out, and have not fully "arrived" yet fully at it yet either... But I seek it anyway...

Maybe others on here can help with this maybe...?

Almost all the "why" questions, especially the big "why" questions, can be answered with this one Word... but, defining that Word, especially in it's full entirety, is a bit more difficult... Or fully understanding it and/or comprehending it in it's entirety... ect, ect... Not so easy or simple sometimes...

It's a Word that most of us just throw around way to flippantly most of the time, and in our cultures without giving it the full thought that it rightly deserves...

I'm trying not to do that (anymore)...

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yet none of those things, those attributes, are a reason or motivation or driving force, either for being, or for making, or causing, ect...

Love is a reason (motivation, driving force)...

And it has be Godly Love and not what man might think Love is, cause we all know how warped that is sometimes, and it is not "that"...

So, what is it...? Well, your basically asking what the "reason or meaning" of or for "everything" you know, and I mean "everything", it is not easily answered most of the time, let alone shortly or succinctly...?

It is His reason for being, for making, for creating, it is also supposed to "us" and the reason and meaning of our lives as well, our reason for being (also), ect, ect...

So it is not easily answered in detail, at least not by me anyway, as I spend and have spent most of my life so far seeking it out, and have not fully "arrived" yet fully at it yet either... But I seek it anyway...

Maybe others on here can help with this maybe...?

Almost all the "why" questions, especially the big "why" questions, can be answered with this one Word... but, defining that Word, especially in it's full entirety, is a bit more difficult... Or fully understanding it and/or comprehending it in it's entirety... ect, ect... Not so easy or simple sometimes...

It's a Word that most of us just throw around way to flippantly most of the time, and in our cultures without giving it the full thought that it rightly deserves...

I'm trying not to do that (anymore)...

God Bless!
He made or did "all of this", and/or has us all going through "all of this", because of Love, and that's about the extent of what I know right now...

I have to trust and have faith and believe that is true, because I don't fully understand it yet, but think it's something I can say I know for sure, for sure, but that has to be known by and/or through faith, for the most part, right now...

God Bless!

• Useful
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He made or did "all of this", and/or has us all going through "all of this", because of Love, and that's about the extent of what I know right now...

I have to trust and have faith and believe that is true, because I don't fully understand it yet, but think it's something I can say I know for sure, for sure, but that has to be known by and/or through faith, for the most part, right now...

God Bless!
And it or was "first" or was what is/was ever present, or ever existent, always, ect...

And in that, I was responding to the OP (and the title question)... And was trying to answer it or that, the best I could or knew how...

As in both beginning and/or ending, or as in having no beginning or ending...

God Bless!

• Useful
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, 1 John 3:11-18, and 1 John 4:7-18 printed out and up on my fridge to remind me about Love constantly, and I feel they do a pretty good job of it for the most part...

But, maybe all the scrolls in the world could not contain the full entirety of it all...?

But, if we can follow just those well, or perfectly, then I would say were doing a pretty dang good job, and are on the right track with it at least...

However those are also supposed to tell who and what God is and is not, if He is Love, ect, as well, also...

And that could create a few "problems" or logic problems...

And I have found a way around or to reconcile those logic problems, but I am not going to discuss it or that, here, right now, ect...

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say my post #21 adequately answered both these "points

Well, no, it didn't even come close.

Yea, I think you're definitely wrong on that. I don't think Jesus is presently agonizing on the cross.

Jesus' human nature is in time.

Time wasn't created by God simply because time is not a thing.

No, time is a thing. Or perhaps part of a thing, if you believe in spacetime.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
This is mere speculation here but heres my thoughts and you can add in. In Genesis it starts with the saying In the Beginning God created. Now this is the account of the beginning of the creation of our world. What state was God in before he created the world? What was his first thought process if it were to be before the creation account? If Gods will always existed and he never changes then his thoughts were according to his will and he foreknew them when he created the spacetime matrix then he was at both ends of thinking and doing at the same time?

What a fascinating, fascinating question!

My first thought is that God intended for His Son to receive glory.

On the other hand, if you go back further than the first thought: you might have seen God sleeping.

(So the answer to the question is somewhere between waking up and dreaming of His Son - with work with the Son to follow)

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you don’t want to actually engage in conversation just say so. But I wouldn’t be asking you to clarify your statement if it was self-explanatory.

What you said makes no sense.

Oh good grief.

You see, Jesus Christ is the son of God, but it is also used in common English as an exclamation or as a declarative phrase in instances of extreme surprise, frustration, or elation. My comment, “Jesus Christ” as God’s first thought can be interpreted two ways... One as his thinking of, acknowledging the need for, or otherwise referring to his son Jesus Christ, and the second as a declarative phrase conveying an emotion probably related to having the first conscious thought in a pre-created universe or reality.

See also: “double entendre,” “joke,” and/or “humor.”

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well yeah, that would be eternity...

Not if there is no beginning and no end...although Yeshua, being eternal, did enter time...for a time :) Then again you have Him being the Alef and the Tav (the Alpha and Omega...the first and the last)...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I tend to see wisdom as the Holy Spirit.

A lot of people have that interpratation. The problem is though that if you go by "wisdom" described in proverbs as a "created" entity; the only conclusion one could come to is that it's Jesus Christ; because He is the only person of the God Head that has a created dimension to His being.

I would agree with @David Cabrera on this one. Wisdom is Jesus.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I would say my post #21 adequately answered both these "points", so I don't think you probably actually read it.

Yea, I think you're definitely wrong on that. I don't think Jesus is presently agonizing on the cross. He did it, past tense. It's done. I don't think Jesus is presently reigning on a redeemed and restored earth. That hasn't happened yet.

God's character is what is immutable and doesn't change.

Time wasn't created by God simply because time is not a thing. God created all things, time is not a thing. Time just measures change and duration.

I think some of what you guys are discussing is maybe "splitting hairs" in regards to "definition of time" as we experience it.

God definitely operates within "time"; I don't think anyone would disagree there.

Back in Genesis; (I think it's day two?) God separates the darkness from the light and calls one "day" and the other "night"; is the "setting up" of "time" as we experience it; even though He didn't create the sun and stars until day four. That is where He states that the sun and moon are given as a means of measuring time. So in that sense "time" as we experience and measure it, is very much a "created thing".

Yet "from everlasting to everlasting" as God experiences His own existence - would we even call that "time"? (I would tend to say "no".) But that's a good question.

There is certainly an "everlasting to everlasting" that God exists in. Yet He's also capable of interjecting His presence into "time" as we experience it and although "time" is changing, God remains unchanging. So in that sense I would agree that God is "timeless" in that He is certainly unchanging in character by the unidirectional unfolding of "time".

Yet that being said though; there are specific points in unidirectional time that passed in "change" of God incarnate that are irreversible as related to the experience of time. Jesus was only born once, passed through stages of human development that represented real and tangible change in his human person. He was only crucified once, endured hell once, was resurrected once and all so as they played out in unidirectional linear time.

Yet the Scripture also says that He was the lamb slain from the foundations of the world. So there also was an aspect of the atonement that took place outside of our (as well as Jesus's) experience of linear time.

"Time" and "eternity" coexist together from the point "time" is incepted. (I.E. creation commenced). The Scripture also declares though that there will be a "time" when "time" is no more. In that regard, I believe "time" will be recreated just as the heavens and earth are recreated. And the reason for this seems to me to be that because Christ was incarnated; this brought into God's existence the attribute of being a material entity that did not exist before "time" commenced. And here is where God the Son now being a material entity requires the existence of a universe from where ever current "time" ends and recreated universe commences. Would we call this "eternity" (God's existence) "time 1" (Genesis to Judgement Day) and "time 2" (creation with no end).

Anyhow; it raises some interesting contemplations as to what "time" really is.

As far as the OP of what was God's "first thought"?

Obviously He had to be thinking something before creation commenced because He still had to "plan" it. Yet I would also agree with the posters who've said those thoughts did not have a "beginning" (at least not in the sense that we understand "beginning").

So, (to add to the philosophical soup pot - lol) could it actually be to God in His eternal state that all His thoughts are "present time" to His experience? LOL And that He has all these thoughts all at once all the time?

:ebil::ebil::swoon::swoon:

I think there's a lot to being "omni" that we can't understand!

LOL

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

There is no first anything with God.. He is eternal, having no beginning and no end.. So there is no first thought or last thought

• Agree
Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no first anything with God.. He is eternal, having no beginning and no end.. So there is no first thought or last thought
Exactly. That was going to be my comment. I'm sure God "thought" plenty of things before the world was created. I'm not sure the word is even accurate considering He created thoughts themselves when
He made our brains. God is cognizance, in a way.

Upvote 0

MayYouBeBlessed

Jul 7, 2019
Earth
✟16,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

God created many worlds before and after ours...

Upvote 0