Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
From your POV, what were those "works?" What are those "spiritual abilities?" Thanks!!
Healing sickness
Raising the dead
Percieving people's thoughts
Multiplying food
Teleportation
Striking people dead
Prophecy
Inchanting objects with Gods power
Casting out demons

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I never expected todays Christians to be able to perform miracles. In fact I'm very suspicious of any who claim they can. Not to say I don't believe miracles can happen, just that performing miracles is not a prerequisite to being Christian or validating the existence of God.
A God who reserves the right to demonstrate itself is no God at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. What verse did He use to tell you to lower the price?
Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Upvote 0

LifeFreeInTheSpirit

Nov 15, 2017
Salisbury
✟15,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Primarymay. I agree with you but let me tell you why you don't see Christians doing these things because they simply don't believe the bible like they claim they do and take it literally like they are supposed to. In Matthew 10:8 Jesus says Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Christians who believe in these things and act in faith have been known to do these types of things. But most don't have the faith in God to step out in the area of signs and wonders. In fact they criticize and ostracize those who do. It sounds like you have more faith and insight into what is supposed to be going on then most Christians do even though it says you are an atheist. I know you are still searching but your answers cannot be found by looking at any man but only in seeking God to reveal the entire truth to you.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

So, how do either of those verses say "charge somebody $100 less for a computer"?

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Seems all the times, over the years, He calls to me my first name, then gives me a message. I have never been wrong as to what He told me.

One time I was feeling low due to having some things thrown at me - that hit me, because I would not deny Jesus Christ and the Bible. I did say that there are some words in the Bible that I believed should be different. That didn't matter to the person. Seems a few days or so later, was at Target. God told me to get these pencils. I go, Lord, I have a lot of pencils at home. Why? They had some words on them, so I added - even have a lot of them with sayings on them. Knew He told me to get them, so I did. Put them in the cart and went on shopping. Then came time to buy my other stuff. What was I to do with the pencils? Buy them. Why? Did and on the way home, there was a car stuck on the street. Began to watch traffic and a guy stopped to help. As he came over - he said a neat phrase as he approached their car. I'm warning cars of this situation, as this was a busy street-just off of a major intersection. He helped another person from the car push it uphill and into a grocery parking lot. He left and I looked to see if they needed further help -gas money or something. They seemed to be all right, so I started walking up the hill -but first stood and talked to God about the words that guy had said. How neat it was. Went up the hill and crossed the street. Got to the other side, began going, just what did those pencils have written on them anyway. The first one that I turned around of the six-had that exact phrase the guy had I said.

Wow. Sounds very dramatic.

Unfortunately, I'm not buying it, as God speaks through His Word and not through subjective and esoteric experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dwells

Nov 13, 2016
canada
✟24,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow. Sounds very dramatic.

Unfortunately, I'm not buying it, as God speaks through His Word and not through subjective and esoteric experience.
Hmmm, seems the apostle Paul didn't read scripture before his experience on the road to Damascus.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, how do either of those verses say "charge somebody $100 less for a computer"?
You don't believe God speaks to His children besides the verses we have put in our hearts?
God had whole conversations with lots of people in the O.T.
Check out Acts 16.
Jesus' original command was for the disciples to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to everyone.
But the Holy Ghost did not want them going there. He wanted them in Macedonia.
God can speak to us in our thoughts, He can give us peace about a certain situation, or an uneasiness about a certain situation.
Col 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
rule = G1018 From the same as G1017; to arbitrate that is (generally) to govern (figuratively prevail): - rule.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What does that have to do with your sin, your enmity with God, and Christ being the only means of salvation for you?

If men are keeping you from Christianity, then you've just made an idol of man.
As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The reason you don't see what you are looking for, is because you do not seek the things of God. The things you described : study, prayer, laboring for the gospel; are the miracles. are rather indicative of God's influence. Someone else is and has been Praying to God on your behalf for your non-believing soul, whether your grandmother, maybe a sibling. That is a miracle. Studying the Word of God himself, is a gift that I feel privileged to be able to do. Seek ye first, the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and these things shall be added unto you. Your own pride turns you away. God doesn't fit in the box you've designed. God doesn't turn you away. You're turning away from him. But he keeps calling you back, which is why you are here on a Christian website.
This is not about me, it's about you and other Christians not having the works of God.

I am amazed at how so many Christians disregard the obvious facts around their lack of super natural abilities. Abilities they must have that separates them from the ordinary.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”

First of all, that verse is talking about sin. We're not talking about sin, but about the Church not being entertaining enough for the OP.

Second, even if that verse was relevant to this case, it still would not be an excuse.

If one chooses not to seek Christ because of the actions of men, then he's made an idol out of man.

Upvote 0