Do Christian Women love a challenge in romantic relationships ?

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can’t lie im kinda of confused when dating Christian Women now. I know most people who say they are Christian are not. But when dating Christian Women do they want a challenge in a relationship like women in the world? I know we not supposed to be clingy men or do whatever they want but should we display low interest when dating them and when they ask for a commitment relationship take more time and tell them I’ll think about it when we already got our minds made up and commit at a later time.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Can’t lie im kinda of confused when dating Christian Women now. I know most people who say they are Christian are not. But when dating Christian Women do they want a challenge in a relationship like women in the world? I know we not supposed to be clingy men or do whatever they want but should we display low interest when dating them and when they ask for a commitment relationship take more time and tell them I’ll think about it when we already got our minds made up and commit at a later time.
Do you want to be in a relationship with a woman where you are intentionally manipulating her?

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you want to be in a relationship with a woman where you are intentionally manipulating her?
No who does but in the world those type of manipulations get a positive reaction I wanna know is there a difference in Godly women ?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know most people who say they are Christian are not.

Not to be mean, but you don't know that most people who say they're Christian are not; although, I understand why you say that. Why not approach women, of whatever flavor, with humility? Don't assume this or that; get to know a person. Each one of us are a unique snapshot of the infinite beauty and goodness of God. Instead of looking for a type, as if "Christian woman" were some cookie-cutter human, maybe you should look to get to know a person. Discover the wonder of knowing a particular instance of God's goodness in one person.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not to be mean, but you don't know that most people who say they're Christian are not; although, I understand why you say that. Why not approach women, of whatever flavor, with humility? Don't assume this or that; get to know a person. Each one of us are a unique snapshot of the infinite beauty and goodness of God. Instead of looking for a type, as if "Christian woman" were some cookie-cutter human, maybe you should look to get to know a person. Discover the wonder of knowing a particular instance of God's goodness in one person.
Im aware of that but im asking what should I EXPECT FOR MOST REAL ONES

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im aware of that but im asking what should I EXPECT FOR MOST REAL ONES

That's my point, i.e., expectations are not always your friend. Do Christian women want a challenge? Maybe. Do they want you to be all clingy? Maybe. Your venn diagram approach to "Christian women " misses the point that they're all a mystery to you. :swoon:^_^

And me....

:hrelax:

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But when dating Christian Women do they want a challenge in a relationship like women in the world?

There are many millions of us. We're different people. Probably, different people are looking for different things in their romantic relationships.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,857.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think the point that "Christian women" are not a simple group to whom you can assign traits as if anything is true of all of us has been hammered enough, so I'm going to take that as read.

All I can do is tell you what I (as a Christian woman) would want or think. Do I want a challenge (in the hypothetical situation that I were single and looking for someone)? In the sense that I think you mean it, no. Frankly, I'm busy, I have more than enough on my plate, and the last thing I need is someone who dishonestly pretends low interest. Either be genuine in expressing your interest, or move on; life is too short for time wasting, game playing, and manipulating.

Now, that's partly a stage of life thing. Twenty years ago I'd have been more tolerant of someone stringing me along. But even then I'd have eventually gotten fed up with the immaturity of it.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,895.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can’t lie im kinda of confused when dating Christian Women now.
In what way?
Why do you think Christian women will be different from other women - except that we may only want to go out with Christian men?
But when dating Christian Women do they want a challenge in a relationship like women in the world?
That's a generalisation and assumption. How do you know that women "in the world" want a challenge in a relationship?
What do you mean by "challenge" anyway - someone who plays hard to get, messes us around, doesn't communicate but leaves us to guess their feelings/intentions; what?
Women are all different; we like, and respond to, different things - just like men.
Why not just get to know someone, find out if you have similar interests, ask yourself if you like them and could imagine a future with them, and then ASK her how she feels about the relationship/where she sees it going?

I know we not supposed to be clingy men or do whatever they want but should we display low interest when dating them and when they ask for a commitment relationship take more time and tell them I’ll think about it when we already got our minds made up and commit at a later time.
You mean lie to someone? Pretending that you're not that interested/that you need more time/that you'll let them know, even though privately you have already decided?

If you feel that that is the correct way for a Christian man to behave; go ahead. Just don't be surprised if it backfires, or the woman finds out and decides she doesn't want to be involved with someone who behaves like that.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In what way?
Why do you think Christian women will be different from other women - except that we may only want to go out with Christian men?

That's a generalisation and assumption. How do you know that women "in the world" want a challenge in a relationship?
What do you mean by "challenge" anyway - someone who plays hard to get, messes us around, doesn't communicate but leaves us to guess their feelings/intentions; what?
Women are all different; we like, and respond to, different things - just like men.
Why not just get to know someone, find out if you have similar interests, ask yourself if you like them and could imagine a future with them, and then ASK her how she feels about the relationship/where she sees it going?

You mean lie to someone? Pretending that you're not that interested/that you need more time/that you'll let them know, even though privately you have already decided?

If you feel that that is the correct way for a Christian man to behave; go ahead. Just don't be surprised if it backfires, or the woman finds out and decides she doesn't want to be involved with someone who behaves like that.
Well most YOUNG WOMAN want a challenge in a relationship I haven’t witnessed a woman especially an attractive one love a guy that love them the same way they always liked guys that were a little difficult with them even the ones I dealt with in the world loved when i showed them little attention or not little mutual love. And unfortunately it seems like the Christian women i seen or dealt with want the same thing.

Unfortunately what backfired on me was showing mutual love and high interest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Each Christian lady is unique. So, each one can have different ways and interests. So, you can discover each one.

And it depends on what you mean by challenging. I would not try to get romantic in any way with a woman if I am not interested in marrying her. A woman could be meant for someone else; so it would not be right to get her interested in me, if I do not want to share everything with her.

And if a lady is not someone you are satisfied to trust with anything, I would not even date her, never mind get romantic. I see ones who are so involved with one another, but they don't even trust each other!!

So, the only one you need to know if she wants a challenge is the one you are sure is a good Christian example and the one you want to bring up children with her. And if she helps you to mature in Jesus, this I think would be what should attract you to her.

And possibly you both now can not know if you want challenges in romance, because you now are not as mature as you should become by the time you marry. So, I would not make too many plans now while you are less mature, but grow and discover all the good God has for you. Romance might not seem like such a great deal once you grow to discover how love in Jesus can be.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As a man be as masculine as possible, become what they say a high value man.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Almost the same as what the world says but without doing sin offcourse, no women even christian women want brokies.
So besides not being broke do we be nonchalant & emotional unavailable ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a binary situation.

Christian men should be honest and transparent. A lot of women may be Christian, but may still be too much of the world to know how to respond to an honest and transparent man...it may be necessary to give them time and space to learn.

But there is also a prerequisite for the Christian man: If you're ready for marriage, you're looking for a wife. If you're not ready for marriage, you're looking for a sister. That's what you should be honest and transparent about.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes a Christian a high value man ?
It's not about money, although a Christian husband would strive to provide for his family as much as possible.

But it's about loving his wife openly, honestly, and loyally.

Women who are deeply in the ways of the world won't recognize that.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a man dont be too emotional with women, it turns women off.
My wife explained that early in our relationship.

Men should have emotions, but a man who cannot control his emotions is unreliable and even dangerous for a woman. A man who can be overcome by grief or despair is a man who can be overcome by anger.

Upvote 0