• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

May 23, 2012
Kentucky
✟7,611.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I so miss my sister...my heart aches to be close to her again. She has always, as long as I can remember, been very histrionic. At one point or another, her wrath has rained down on every member of our family, be it from false accusations, cursing out, name-calling, etc. These rantings were also directed toward our parents...a pastor and pastor's wife. We lost them in 2006 just five weeks apart, and since then, my sister's behavior has taken a drastic turn for the worse. She talks to herself, but it sounds like she's carrying on a one-sided conversation as if she's talking to someone we can't see. She makes false accusations. She does things and then accuses others of the things she has done, i.e. stole my SS card and seven checks belonging to my sister, but then accused me of going into her computer and drafting a letter in Arabic and erasing contacts and changing passwords. In silent moments, she will start giggling and say things like, "Yea, people just don't know me...I'm slick...I'm on top of it all" and then will smirk. She accused me of trying to kick her out of her own car, but what actually happened was I pulled over at a trash can so she could throw out a fastfood bag of trash. SHe's manipulative and vindictive. THe courts have taken her grandchildren away and their step-grandfather and biological mother have joint custody now. The children were taken away several years ago based on false accusations she made to social services and the courts. SHe's very smart and calculating. She's attempted suicide on many occasions. I recently emailed her and told her how much I loved her and missed her, but that her behavior had pushed everyone away. She called her daughter and told her I was psycho and was not stable, and that they needed to keep a low profile from us. I don't know what to do...she just doesn't see that she's sick...How can somone NOT see that they are sick when they've alienated themselves and been basically excommunicated from their family. Please help me understand. My heart aches.

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"I'm not sick, I don't need help" was an interesting book. To make it more interesting, I am the one who was sick and read it. I don't generally throw books at problems. I just feel for you on both sides of the fence. HUG.

Upvote 0

godismystrength1

Forum Junkie
Apr 6, 2011
U.S.
✟15,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's so hard, I can relate to some of your pain. In my case, it's my mother who has untreated schizophrenia. She's smoking in the house constantly, and my dad just found out he might have cancer and I cant tell anyone, at least not my little brother. He's trying to quit smoking. I'm just so sad, I quit college because I couldn't keep up and no one understands me because I'm always so awkward/I have schizo affective. I feel bad because this illness has torn us up so many times before we build ourselves up again. I miss my real mom though...if only she could get help, the insurance basically kicked her out of the hospital the time my dad finally got her some help.

Upvote 0