Not open for further replies.

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
It really gets on your nerves sometimes and its starting to get on my nerves too. People today have been complaining to me, looking for someone to blame, being attitudic to me, negative, just nagging full on about all the small scratches on something good.

If there's something i need to work on its patience with these kinds of people. I bet that's why God put them in front of me. :p

But really i'm not doing too bad. I've kept a level head, controlled my anger quite well. But i feel that if this keeps up i'm just going to explode. Negative comments after negative comments after negative comments. Are they going to fail to see good stuff? They'd rather complain than be satisfied with what people are doing for them?

What's wrong with people these days?!

Anyway just had to vent for a while. You know what its like to tolerate annoying people the whole day ;).

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
They just don't know how to count their blessings.  I used to be the same way sad to say.  Then I heard a group at church sing a song called "When I Lift Up My Head".  It's a song about not being able to see the sun with your head to the ground.  It really changed my perspective on things.  Now I count blessings instead of disappointments and am much happier. :D

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
I understand what you're talking about Sharky. Sometimes it seems as if the more people have, the more they have to complain about. They all to often forget how to be thankful for what they do have. (Even I do this sometimes, but am learning to catch myself when I do, and look for the reasons I should be thankful)

Makes me think about when God led the children of Israel out of Egypt. Instead of remaining thankful to God for freeing them from the bonds of slavery they started to complain, complain, complain! Yup God knows just exactly how you feel!

Hang in there, and if you can take someones complaint and show them somehow they have a reason to be thankful for whatever it is they're complaining about. Don't be afraid to point it out to them :)

Upvote 0

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
aw my sympathies man! I know it's tough... try to hang in there. I worked a solid year in the Complaints dept. of a major company... oh boy there were days I wanted to crawl thru the phone line and strangle some people! Just try to suck it up, that's all you can do!

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
When life draws to a close and people look back, they will see that in the end all their little petty gripes and complaints were about NOTHING. NOTHING at all!

Rather than spend time in the Bible, people spend time griping because "there is nothing good on TV tonight" or rather than being thankful they can eat and fill their bellies they complain because the food was not hot enough, not spicy enough, etc.

Rather than being grateful that an Almighty Loving God took time to wite us a letter telling us EVERYTHING we ever need to know, people complain because they don't like what it says and either ignore it or Change the meaning to what they want to hear or believe.

All we can do is pray for such people and pray for ourselves, that we become more patient and more understanding and more loving, and more gentle and more like Christ in our attitudes.
That does not mean, however, that we should molly coddle those who blaspheme or twist God's Word to make it a lie or to say something THEY prefer to hear.

No Jesus did not do that. He was very firm and did not allow His Father to be ill spoken of. He used strong language, "Fools, hypocrites, snakes, vipers, blind guides"! But what so many today do not understand is He did not do that in anger, but in love. That was the prime example of tough love. Because He went to the cross and suffered extreme agony and died an unbelievably horrible death, for these very same people.

Jesus did not hate these people, but rather LOVED them. We need to take our example from Jesus! So for the gripers, and complainers, and nit pickers, aggravaters, Word twisters, provokers, flamers, haters, fakes, phoneys, and frauds who become thorns in our side and hate us without cause, we need to be thankful and pray for them. We need to lean on Jesus and lay it at His feet and obey Him. We need to take our written instruction from Jesus and follow His example and FIGHT the spiritual battle layed out before us and defend our God and our Saviour and His written Word. We need to do it firmly and strongly, and pray for the ones who do not understand, and teach them His ways.

Upvote 0
Sharky - I work IT and continually, I deal with people who just can't seem 'to get it'. They haven't a clue, no matter how many times I show them, they continually screw up and I have to fix.

It's the same thing, everyday, over and over. My daily routine:

I arrive at 7:00 AM - there's about 10 messages on my phone and around 30 emails (work for a Global Company). So I call the 10 people back and setup a time schedule to do my rounds. At 9:00, after I handle what I can from the emails, I go through my rounds and solve the issues. At 10-10:30 I arrive back at my desk and have received 10 more voice mails and 30 more emails - swear! After handling emails, I go to lunch and when I come back, guess what more voice and email messages. Throughout the day, all I do is run around helping people that can't seem to help themselves. It's SOOO FRUSTRATING that 'these people' can't seem to get it straight. You'd think after using the same application OVER AND OVER they'd understand it, but Nope - I just keep running around all day.

My only saving grace - it's their problem, not mine. I keep saying that over and over. It gives me some peace cause I can walk away when it's done. Further, it keeps me employeed.

It's there problem (s), not yours.

Prayer, love, and strength.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.